seastrunk

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone had the wires(laces) break on a pair of BOA type shoes? What are the options if this occurs?

I haven't and not really sure how if you could repair. I would think the wires would outlast the shot itself unless there is a flaw/breakage in the wire at installation.

BOA shoes are all I have worn for the last 4 years. I have them on my golf shoes and bike shoes.

I have not had the BOA system break on any of my shoes but BOA closure systems offer a lifetime warranty and are serviceable.

I feel certain they can be re-wired. I have been to trade shows and seen their people putting the BOA system on shoes that previously had regular laces so re-wireing seems doable. I went to their site and found this. If link doesnt work go to their site then to repair at the bottom of the home page.

https://www.boafit.com/repair

Never had an issue when I've had BOA or DISC - I would send them back to the OEM

All BOA-branded hardware (nylon-coated steel wire, dials, etc) on any product has a lifetime guarantee and is surprisingly easy to repair yourself

I didn't know Bank of America got into the shoe market? :laughing: I knew the banking industry was struggling but .....

My dad has worn them from 6 years or so and has never had a pair break. They are designed for much more strenuous activities, so I would be shocked if you has a problem. I had Boa wakeboard bindings years ago and never had the slightist issue.

Started wearing BOA cycling shoes 2 years ago and golf shoes last year. I don't see myself ever going back.

Bought a pair of Puma ignite and the disc broke off the first week. That did it for me with Puma. Cheap materials.

My next pair of shoes will probably be the Tour S Dual BOA from FJ if they ever bring it to market in all black.

I have a pair of Adidas that have the BOA on the tongue. I don't remember the model but they are only a year old or so. I have had to replace the laces already. The top eyelet on the shoe doesn't allow the laces to move through without binding and it strips the coating off the lace. Once that happens it will no longer go through the eyelet. Just go to the BOA website and you can get your laces replaced for free, You just fill out an online form and you will have a repair kit in no time. They are pretty easy to replace too.

I actually had the same thing happen shortly after replacing the laces. I just melted the coating off the laces where it passes through the top eyelet and now they work a little better. I am not going to ask BOA to replace them again as I feel the problem is the Adidas design and not the BOA system. I think the design of the FJ BOA shoe is much better with the knob on the heel as there is less binding of the laces. Just my two cents.

I have replaced them on snowboard boats years ago. It was a fairly simple process from what I recall and it think you just pay for the shipping or something for new laces from BOA.

Back