Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Hopefully one of your buddies is a member there.. :alien:

Fair. I'm not sure the number for Augusta for me. I just assume it;ll never happen.

Ah, didn't think about that. Is it the Hideaway GC in Fla or Cali? Two of the guys are in PE, one is currently on the deal team evaluating a potential buyout of a major OEM. Not sure where the OEM is located at or if they'd have any connections. The former CEO of Titleist is a friend of the firm though, believe they are in Cali, maybe he could leverage some connections if there's any ties via those avenues. Highly doubtful, but I guess there's a small glimmer of hope to hold on to temporarily.

Nonetheless, the course pics from that thread look unbelievable.

I agree with this outside of Augusta, I'd pay a good amount for that.

Recently my CEO and CFO got out on Augusta for free with an exec from Coke (I think?). Can't even imagine having that opportunity, but it's good motivation to continue to work hard in hopes that someday I'll be in their shoes. Never know when a solid connection will come your way and your golden ticket is punched...

Recently my CEO and CFO got out on Augusta for free with an exec from Coke (I think?). Can't even imagine having that opportunity, but it's good motivation to continue to work hard in hopes that someday I'll be in their shoes. Never know when a solid connection will come your way and your golden ticket is punched...

Augusta for free? That is about as good as it gets right there.

c0b0e6d51fe07b11c55a288178973641.jpg

Simply changing the Tapatalk picture from the groundhog lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for courses to play besides boulder I am for sure looking to get a few rounds in at Sleepy Hollow when it is actually playing hard and fast, city tournament is there if I qualify so want a few rounds under my belt. I feel like we missed out of Sleepy as a test of golf when we all played since the greens were pretty slow and fairways were on the soft side. Really want to play it when they are running over 10

I believe Sleepy is the course I played for the Publinks qualifier many years ago, good track that ate me alive. Don't remember the number, but I played terrible and I've always wanted to play it again for redemption sake...I've never been more embarrassed in a tournament than I was that day.

Augusta for free? That is about as good as it gets right there.

On Coke's tab from what I know/remember, and given the revenue we provide them with...it was worth their investment. The CFO is a good player, need to ask him what he shot. Not sure if the CEO has game or not.

Augusta is actually very playable for the average golfer.

On a side note the metroparks stroke play event at seneca is on the Sunday after RR

**Firestone CC**

Seeing as a lot of gents will be playing in the regional rivalry, I am looking to gauge the interest of the everyone hat will be in town for the event or making the trip regardless. However, I'm sure the captains will want everyone at the course that Friday for a practice round if possible.

The Bridgestone Invitational is played early this year. June 27th - July 3rd. The course itself closes June 17th-24th at 2:00pm but will be open fully the week prior to that. As a member of Firestone CC I have been able to play the week/weeks leading up to and right after the tourney many times and its pretty cool. Stands, Tents, Scoreboards etc are all in the process of being setup or completed. Trying to not take any thunder away from the Regional Rivalry I went ahead and asked JB to make sure the proposed rounds wouldn't be stepping on the toes of the RR event. He explained as long as the guys who make the teams are there Friday night and Saturday that's all he really cares about. (I for one hope to be there all day....

I would be happy to try and get as many 4somes as possible for Sunday June 11th or even the Friday before for non participants. I also have a friend or two that could get a few extra tee times if need be. Just throwing it out there.....I cant actually book any tee times prior to March 1st but as you would imagine, they book pretty fast in the weeks leading up to or right after the tournament ends. If this doesn't work out, I'd also be happy to do the same thing another weekend but figured since a lot of you will be in town anyways....

Also, the big guy asked that it not be discussed in the RR thread. Hence the post here.

Let me know your thoughts and interest. We can discuss the details later.

Thanks!

I would for sure would be interested in playing a round there. I know I won't be playing in RR but I was going to make the trip. this would be really cool to round out the weekend. Very nice of you to do that.

After reading through and seeing the fees, I might be in the camp of a cheaper option as well. I'm sure it would be awesome to play that course in tournament conditions but that's pretty steep.

I can agree with Philly about no other course comparing since I have also played out at the hideaway and every other course just seems blah. Haha

Last edited:
And for courses to play besides boulder I am for sure looking to get a few rounds in at Sleepy Hollow when it is actually playing hard and fast, city tournament is there if I qualify so want a few rounds under my belt. I feel like we missed out of Sleepy as a test of golf when we all played since the greens were pretty slow and fairways were on the soft side. Really want to play it when they are running over 10

you ever play manakiki or fowlers mill? those are my tracks of choice during the summer.

I make my way over to manakiki a bunch.

cant believe i never ran into you there last summer i golfed there a ton after work during the week and twilight on the weekends. its only about 10 min from my house.

shake creek sounds delicious.

But I am a big fan of shale creek after playing it for the first time last year.

shake creek sounds delicious.

But I am a big fan of shale creek after playing it for the first time last year.

Fat finger syndrome. Shale is for sure in my top 3 in the area

cant believe i never ran into you there last summer i golfed there a ton after work during the week and twilight on the weekends. its only about 10 min from my house.
We usually got out on Wednesdays for twilight. Never played there on the weekends. I imagine it's stupid slow.

Shake creek....Pine Hills...Little Mountain...

i have heard mixed reviews on little mountain. im defiantly going to give it a try this summer now that im an east sider.

i have heard mixed reviews on little mountain. im defiantly going to give it a try this summer now that im an east sider.
They were undergoing a renovation which was supposed to help the drainage issues. I played it in the late summer 2014, and the greens were in rough shape.

Ive never heard anyone have anything bad to say about it. I played it in a light rain and loved it

We usually got out on Wednesdays for twilight. Never played there on the weekends. I imagine it's stupid slow.

yea twilight is were its at. i love walking 9 as the sun goes down. Your right its slow on the weekends, but sat and sun twilight its usually open and dead thats when i love to go.

I havent played Shale yet, but I need to and I need to play the Quarry 5-10 more times too lol

I havent played Shale yet, but I need to and I need to play the Quarry 5-10 more times too lol
What sucks is I have a connection at Medina CC and just a couple years ago Shale and Quarry were a part of that membership

They were undergoing a renovation which was supposed to help the drainage issues. I played it in the late summer 2014, and the greens were in rough shape.

I played there late last year with Dave and Rob. It was in great shape except on one hole where they were still doing bunker work. Other than that it was pretty good. I plan on heading back out there this summer.

I played there late last year with Dave and Rob. It was in great shape except on one hole where they were still doing bunker work. Other than that it was pretty good. I plan on heading back out there this summer.
Pick me up on your way.

Back