Child’s carseat for 2011 Mustang? Recommendations?

BluesManDan

Reaction score
Handicap
I bought a 2011 Mustang yesterday (coupe), and need to get either a roomy carseat or a booster seat for my 4 year old daughter. Do you know of any particular carseat models that fit well? I’m hoping to get a few suggestions to cut down on my shopping time.

Thanks for recommendations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey BluesManDan! Congrats on your Mustang purchase!

I just bought the Diono Radian rXT for my 2017 Mustang. When shopping, we were told that it is one of the most narrow carseats available in the market and would have no issues fitting in the back of the Mustang. Unfortunately, living in Canada, I have not been able to install it yet (we bought early for boxing day sales, my son hasn`t levelled up from his infant seat yet). This might be more than you`d need since your daughter is already 4 and I obviously don`t know what her height and weight are so couldn`t tell you. The Diono goes all the way from infant to booster so it would work for you, but not sure you`d want to spend that much if you only needed the last stage (booster).

Hope that helps!

Any car seat will fit. I had a rear facing seat in my 2006 mustang. Now that was a tight fit LOL. Once the seat was turned to the front, there was bags of room. The rear seat has LATCH so you won’t have an issue getting the seat to fit.

Any car seat will fit. I had a rear facing seat in my 2006 mustang. Now that was a tight fit LOL. Once the seat was turned to the front, there was bags of room. The rear seat has LATCH so you won’t have an issue getting the seat to fit.

I agree with this to an extent. Yes most, if not all car seats will fit, but some carseats will basically take up so much room that you can't physically have someone in the front passenger seat anymore. This happened when I put the infant seat (Uppababy Mesa) in rear-facing. Had to move the front passenger seat all the way up and the seat back was in a complete upright position. Would be 1) very uncomfortable and 2) physically impossible for someone taller than 5'6" to get in without smashing their knees into the dash. My experience only.

I agree with this to an extent. Yes most, if not all car seats will fit, but some carseats will basically take up so much room that you can't physically have someone in the front passenger seat anymore. This happened when I put the infant seat (Uppababy Mesa) in rear-facing. Had to move the front passenger seat all the way up and the seat back was in a complete upright position. Would be 1) very uncomfortable and 2) physically impossible for someone taller than 5'6" to get in without smashing their knees into the dash. My experience only.

That would be everyone’s experience with a rear facing seat in a Mustang. No child seat is gonna fit in a Mustang facing rear wards without some serious compromise to the front seat passenger. The OP has a 4 year old though, so I would expect him to have a front facing seat.

I’m 5’5” and the wife is 5’2”, and our 4 yo will use a forward facing seat so maybe we won’t have any problems!

I’m 5’5” and the wife is 5’2”, and our 4 yo will use a forward facing seat so maybe we won’t have any problems!

Yeah I think you'll be ok. Maybe just avoid long drives in it for the comfort of your wife.

I ended up taking the booster seat we already had and tried it back there. The strap was too short and it wouldn’t reach the anchor, so i had to order a longer strap off Amazon. It worked! My daughter loves riding in the horsey car, and begs me to rev it up and go fast, lol.

Here’s the strap i bought:

Ansblue Double-Hooks ISOFIX Belt... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HC5C3GH?ref=yo_pop_ma_share

Back