What are you building? (Club style)

Installed a Motore Speeder H9.8 X stiff for my 915H 2 H.

Installing KBS Tour C-taper 130X in my irons!

Very excited to try them out.

B2F5A71B-91B6-4067-B70B-D01478F5446D_zps1jsuoknu.jpg

Starting on these this weekend. Want to have them done in time to get some practice with them before the Club Clash!

B2F5A71B-91B6-4067-B70B-D01478F5446D_zps1jsuoknu.jpg

Starting on these this weekend. Want to have them done in time to get some practice with them before the Club Clash!

Man the color is so vibrant on that setup. I am sure it is going to look incredible when they are all put together!

Looking good jon

Finally got around to starting on my wedges. Was bored so took some pics.

Heads removed & cleaned, tips prepped.
140FBA42-A448-4631-992A-03BC38479140_zpsqjfnwpud.jpg

The joys of 2 part 24 hour epoxy.
0CE8F15D-8848-49FC-AED9-CD63759E24E3_zpswbbfhz6t.jpg

All put together and left to set.
0D5BAA76-F0B2-4BCB-AC67-B5EA9D07464A_zpswh5cefap.jpg

Hope to get the grips on these tomorrow night so I can have them ready for the weekend.

Finally got around to starting on my wedges. Was bored so took some pics.

Heads removed & cleaned, tips prepped.
140FBA42-A448-4631-992A-03BC38479140_zpsqjfnwpud.jpg

The joys of 2 part 24 hour epoxy.
0CE8F15D-8848-49FC-AED9-CD63759E24E3_zpswbbfhz6t.jpg

All put together and left to set.
0D5BAA76-F0B2-4BCB-AC67-B5EA9D07464A_zpswh5cefap.jpg

Hope to get the grips on these tomorrow night so I can have them ready for the weekend.

Well done, sir. Looking forward to seeing these at Club Clash!

Well done, sir. Looking forward to seeing these at Club Clash!

They will be there. Feel free to swing by and give 'em a go! Got distracted last night, but these will trimmed and gripped most likely tonight if the weather holds.

They will be there. Feel free to swing by and give 'em a go! Got distracted last night, but these will trimmed and gripped most likely tonight if the weather holds.
Be careful what you wish for!

Be careful what you wish for!

My bag is open to anyone who wants to try any of it out. Just no sky marks on the FWs. Only I get to do that. :D

Gripped up and drying. Will put the stickers on after the grips are dry. Pretty pleased with how they turned out.

38862793c0fceb5d2665494678a0aff1.jpg

My bag is open to anyone who wants to try any of it out. Just no sky marks on the FWs. Only I get to do that. :D
Sounds good to me!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Going to take the plunge on club building. Ordered 3 maltby wedge heads. Going to put a dynamic gold spinner in the higher loft and a DG S300 for the other one. Also pulling the regular shafts from my 3 and 5 wood and put a better shaft in. Also bought a Adams pro hybrid head and am putting Alida RIP in it. Any tips I should know that are common mistakes for a first time builder.

Going to take Fuji six (50g X flex) shaft to club builder tomorrow to swap adapters from Cally to Nike so I can test in Nike VFP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've a set of J38 DPC irons I'm going to mess around with and make a single length set out of.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yonex Ezone MB Irons 3-PW with Rifle FCM 7.0 + 1/4in . The finest yet to my hands...easier birdies are coming.
My playing partners shocked at the precision of the flights, the shafts were pulled from 1999 Hogan Apex Blades and installed in Yonex identical.

Been trying to do a budget refinish on an old Dunlop putter I bought off of here. Just got it back from the powder coating shop. Not to have he face milled and do paint fill then re assemble.
image_zpsttydswvk.jpeg
image_zpsy8lqzxn3.jpeg
image_zpsqvwooh1a.jpeg

What temperature rated heat gun should I use to pull graphite shafts out of fairway woods?

Swapping out the CTapers for the XP105 in my XTD Forged irons.

Shafts for my 3 wood and shafts for the adams pro and pro dhy I got.

CAM00704_zpsrpjfvmet.jpg

Epoxy is in place and curing. I put the 23* Adams Pro in the RIP and the 27* Adams Pro Dhy in the Kujoh with an extra 1/2 inch off the tip. Just need to butt trim to length and throw some grips on once they cure.

Also bought a shaft cutter for the metal ones so it will be 2 or 3 days till the wedges are done and going out tomorrow or Saturday to pick up a heat gun so I can reshaft my 3 and 5 wood.

I have a feeling club making might get very addicting very fast.

Yonex Ezone MB Irons 3-PW with Rifle FCM 7.0 + 1/4in . The finest yet to my hands...easier birdies are coming.
My playing partners shocked at the precision of the flights, the shafts were pulled from 1999 Hogan Apex Blades and installed in Yonex identical.
Those are absolutely gorgeous irons. I wish I had the game for blades as they would go nicely with my Yonex driver.

I'm currently assembling a new set of Mizuno JPX 850/forged combo irons. They are going to be 4-7 850 and 8-GW are 850 Forged. Shafts will be Aldila VS Proto 100x soft stepped once. Thinking of having them play off a 38.25" 5 iron. Grips will be Iomic Sticky 2.3

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

I have a Mizuno iron set that i am making a combo with MP H4 3-4 and 5 iron and MP54's 6 thru the pw with senior flex project x graphite ... i have been going back and forth from graphite to steel and back again .. i usually buy shafts and do a reshaft vs. buying outright with graphite installed and for years i have been tinkering with all clubs .. trying shafts , bending loft and lie and trying to get the hand on swingweighting clubs .. but anyway i try to do as much of my own club building as possible

I'm installing a tip on my THP HZRDUS today. Likely cutting down a few driver shafts to play at 45 too.

Back