Titleist C16 Driver Preview

I think this is a really cool thing for Titleist to be introducing. I'm guessing they were making all sorts of concepts in the R&D process, but now they are making them available to the public. I don't think I'll ever spend close to that much on any clubs, but its really neat to see what the future might hold. The irons specifically have me interested. Give me a compact, players type head with all the forgiveness and launch of a GI club? Yes please.

I really don't care about 3k irons, but I do care about the potential for cup faced and hollow body MBs in the future at a price I can afford.

Keep working it out, companies. I'll be patient. Promise.

Just think ... they are probably using some of these same concepts when they introduce the 917 Line in the coming months ... at considerably less money.

The price tag is steep. However, since only 1500 C16s and 1000 iron sets will be made I'm sure there are some that will want them and can afford them. Id be interested to know if other manufactures do anything similar and if so what their price points are on the limited release and manufacturing. If guess it's not that far off.

Either way, I'll be waiting for the concept to materialize into actual irons and drivers down the road at a normal price point hopefully.

Pretty sweet lookin though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess the interwebs were right on this one. $1k for a driver. Yikes.

Good intro for the 917 line up scheduled for release later this year. Well done Titleist, a great marketing strategy, this will keep the new equipment junkies pondering for sure.

I guess PXG is pushing the needle a bit. Seems like this line is Titleist responding to their successes so far.

The price tag is steep. However, since only 1500 C16s and 1000 iron sets will be made I'm sure there are some that will want them and can afford them. Id be interested to know if other manufactures do anything similar and if so what their price points are on the limited release and manufacturing. If guess it's not that far off.

Either way, I'll be waiting for the concept to materialize into actual irons and drivers down the road at a normal price point hopefully.

Pretty sweet lookin though!

See Callaway XR Sub Zero.

I really don't care about 3k irons, but I do care about the potential for cup faced and hollow body MBs in the future at a price I can afford.

Keep working it out, companies. I'll be patient. Promise.

My thoughts exactly. Eventually - hopefully- this becomes more mainstream at a decent price point

When my home course gets one I'll be sure to give it a wack. I won't be swiping the plastic though that much is for sure.

I'm going to head to the performance center in CA and MA and get one driver in each one too see if the west coast or east coast one goes further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My club had this available for demo. I hit some balls with it...

Crown and the alignment aid is terrible IMO. Too much glare from the silvery finish. The face has nice black finish.
b2d2139f9d027413bd8d9c1162e2fae5.jpg
7896256e6356094b9dc26568ddcaaf2d.jpg
2a103d07403bb6887c77d906fcce3cb7.jpg

The weight chamber is similar to the Nike vapor flex concept but skewed. The weight is heavier on on side (in this case where "12g" is printed), and has a removable screw cap that can attach to either side.
2e48511930e921ba0ae60c64d3b89370.jpg

Inserting heavy side first makes it fade bias, putting weight closer to face and out to the toe. Flip the cap on the other side and weight goes further back in the heel for more dynamic face closure and more MOI. It seems to work fairly well judging from about 20 balls on each setting.

The surefit hosel system from 913 and 915 remains. The sound is definitely better than 915 and that's what good sign perhaps for the 917 line. Overall first impression is "interesting" but not worth the price IMO. I'm willing to bet the 917 line will have much of this tech at half the price

We found a club Kang won't buy. I don;t know where to go from here.

the crown and face graphics look nothing like what i would expect from titleist, and i don't like it. yet another solid pass for me on all things titleist.

Looks interesting in your pics. Color choice seems odd

IMO this is their game improvement offering while the 9xx line will remain. I sure hope so... Been cranking on my 915 for a while and wouldn't hit anything else

From Titleist's site... $1125 msrp. Holy moly!

the crown and face graphics look nothing like what i would expect from titleist, and i don't like it. yet another solid pass for me on all things titleist.

+1 for me. The alignment aid typically isn't a big deal for me but this was not what I expected.

If the club cost that much I'll never own one. It did have good sound and the crown doesn't bother me.

If the club cost that much I'll never own one. It did have good sound and the crown doesn't bother me.
It's 775 with my club discount but still not worth it imo

It's 775 with my club discount but still not worth it imo

It's sad because I wanted to like the club but not anymore.

We found a club Kang won't buy. I don;t know where to go from here.

He didn't say he wouldn't buy it, only that he didn't like the look of it.

Give him a couple days... Or hours.

Back