THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

43 48 today. Irons and putting were pretty solid today. If I can get away from the blow up holes I could go (for me) low.
e66c965a2044881862a16fae26f541bf.jpg

61db2584d842b5f8f3bda0e36b515945.jpg

I agree with Mike here, I don't know If this scorecard reflects pops, but It looks like Jordan ran into a buzz saw.

Mean Gene looked like a force to be reckoned with today!

I agree with Mike here, I don't know If this scorecard reflects pops, but It looks like Jordan ran into a buzz saw.

Mean Gene looked like a force to be reckoned with today!
Gene used the pop on 2 to push the hole, after my two flubbed chips.

I had another flubbed chip 3.

Gene put it in there nice on 4 and I'm just off the left, had another crappy chip

5, I hit about 4 shots while greenside

6, I'm short of the green and puts his on the green

7, was one of the mysterious balls that just vanished, I end up hitting 3 off the tee.

Then I believe I was over the green on my shots into 15,16,17,18.

My game was miserable. But as bad as I played, I had a blast with everyone that made it out today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gene used the pop on 2 to push the hole, after my two flubbed chips.

I had another flubbed chip 3.

Gene put it in there nice on 4 and I'm just off the left, had another crappy chip

5, I hit about 4 shots while greenside

6, I'm short of the green and puts his on the green

7, was one of the mysterious balls that just vanished, I end up hitting 3 off the tee.

Then I believe I was over the green on my shots into 15,16,17,18.

My game was miserable. But as bad as I played, I had a blast with everyone that made it out today.

Golfing with THPers and Friends is ALWAYS fun!
No matter how bad the state of our games.

Sounds like many guys are getting there games in shape as the season finally gets started. Less than 6weeks guys time to get some work done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who needs prep help?? I'm here to challenge you guys to get the game ready.

Weather is changing, time to work hard fellas.

Sounded like most of you got to play this weekend. How did things go? Any focus areas you guys are working on in the near future?

Solid range session on Friday.. Took some changes to the course and while I don't regret them, I didn't score as well as I have been scoring. Plus, I think it's a bit deceptive because my greens are like.. US Open firm right now, so the six shots that landed right beside the pin left me with 30 footers.

Either way, the changes I've implemented will make me a more consistent striker with hopefully a better dynamic loft, which I've wanted for some time. Increased accuracy, better distance, better Canadan.

Solid range session on Friday.. Took some changes to the course and while I don't regret them, I didn't score as well as I have been scoring. Plus, I think it's a bit deceptive because my greens are like.. US Open firm right now, so the six shots that landed right beside the pin left me with 30 footers.

Either way, the changes I've implemented will make me a more consistent striker with hopefully a better dynamic loft, which I've wanted for some time. Increased accuracy, better distance, better Canadan.
equals bad news for Michigan

equals bad news for Michigan

Yeah buddy, hopefully. Some of my irons are as long as they've been in 10 years which is really satisfying.... except when you fly the green into a bunker on line with the pin hahaha #ScoringNotScoring

Sounds like padding the HCP...?

Getting off the tee is going to get the bulk of my attention. Iron play remains solid and I'm putting really well just gotta get off the tee better
I'm with you there. Irons are great right now. Seem to be getting the driver stuck behind me off the tee. Need to fix that and I'll be flying high.

I just can't wait to get back playing. But once I'm back it's almost every day doing something for me.

I won't be hindered by injury.

League play starts this week for me. 2 times a week. Thinking I want to line up a lesson this weekend too. Time to step it up a notch.

Sounded like most of you got to play this weekend. How did things go? Any focus areas you guys are working on in the near future?
Overall mine went pretty well. Was longer off the tee than usually am which was nice. Just left a few approach shots a little short. Just got to get better at aiming at middle of green from distance out instead of flag. Going to tighten up my putter game as well, have a feeling that will play a huge part in winning this event

Can't wait to beat Ohio!
This is going to be a great event! But the victory will be sweet!

So I just watched the Daniel Tosh new comedy special and he has about a 2 minute bit on Cleveland that had me laughing out loud thinking about this thread.

So I just watched the Daniel Tosh new comedy special and he has about a 2 minute bit on Cleveland that had me laughing out loud thinking about this thread.

That doesn't sound very creative.

Yeah buddy, hopefully. Some of my irons are as long as they've been in 10 years which is really satisfying.... except when you fly the green into a bunker on line with the pin hahaha #ScoringNotScoring

I know that's right. First warm weather and I was flying approach shots over greens on Sunday. Asking myself did I really just hit a 9iron 20yards past my normal distance. Happened over and over guess I need to get my distances dialed back in.

I know that's right. First warm weather and I was flying approach shots over greens on Sunday. Asking myself did I really just hit a 9iron 20yards past my normal distance. Happened over and over guess I need to get my distances dialed back in.

Seems like there was a lot of that going on over the weekend in Ohio. Maybe the balls were flying farther due to the sun shining?

Haha... One round at 78 and one round at 72... I am the worst handicap padder in the world.
C'mon man mine went up .3. You can do better.

C'mon man mine went up .3. You can do better.

haha, I guess the one good thing about hovering around the same number all the time, is the idea that handicap is a more adequate reflection of what I will shoot rather than what I can shoot. Could be very useful come June.

23.3 trending to 23.9....
#PadCity
#NoVanityInA24
But it WILL travel. And quite well based on the courses you are getting that number on. No shame in that.

Back