THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

With just over a week till captains picks left it sure is quiet in here!!

I have already asked my team members a few questions so now I'm asking those not already on the team...

If you could pick two guys from the remaining hopefuls besides yourself to make the team who would you pick and why?

CJ- cuz he's a proven winner!
2012Bft- cuz he is straight, long, and cool under pressure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I would imagine my golf show performance may have helped me win a Captains pick if I needed it. Happy picking Mike!!
e78a0f0e26b330461a1dbadeb228a237.jpg
f8c811c0bca06f213ccaa21ac3cc61b7.jpg

Wow. Brutally tough question there Cap. Maybe I should wait to answer until after I tee it up with Michigan Slice and 2 team members tomorrow. No pressure CJ!

Set up a match???

#TeamHopeful vs #TeamAlreadyOnTheTeam?

Set up a match???

#TeamHopeful vs #TeamAlreadyOnTheTeam?

Oh i like this idea....We can start mentally prepping them for Ohio with some head games...

#GunnerLong #PeeTestASAP #YouPlayBackTees

I have already asked my team members a few questions so now I'm asking those not already on the team...

If you could pick two guys from the remaining hopefuls besides yourself to make the team who would you pick and why?

Tough question Captain. I would take my answers with a grain of salt as I just do not know some of the guys well if at all, and I honestly do believe everyone that is trying to make Team MI would be a great addition. But since I should help my captain out, here are my picks:

1. Michigan Slice. Not much really needs to be said. Awesome guy, leads the team in trash talk to Ohio, gets strokes and knows how to use em, can just tell he is a gamer when its time to focus. Cant have a Team MI without MI Slice.

2. Stribs. I mean, anyone who beat Jspangslong# in the long drive on the sim has to be included. Have barely met him so far, but have watched him take some swings Whether its on a simulator or on the course, you can recognize someone who has game. Ohio also already has a scratch player on their team, so he'd be a big help.

Honorable mention to Wyzyguy: Great guy, had a blast meeting him at the sim, and clearly has a huge passion for golf and this event.

Lol I just picked two people unable to attend the event.

A serious answer would probably be robman7 and Canadan. I think Rob can be solid for a team and only needs the big stage to prove it. And for Dan, he's arguably Ohio's best player and always has a calm demeanor that it takes to play with the pressure. Plus I selfishly want him to get as much Grandaddy prep as possible
Thanks man for the confidence. I have come to love the team format and feel I have played better when it comes to that

Now for my 2 votes besides Canadan and PhillyV cause we know most people would say those 2. I would go with AMart and Hickerad/Cbaker. AMart has really come along with his game and the dude can throw some darts. Reason I say Hickerad/Cbaker is cause you will see 2 very similar games. Both hit good distance off tee and very accurate with irons. I think you couldn't go wrong with either

Two people I would pick would be.

Pkorf - while he is obviously a good friend the guy is a good player and CLUTCH. I have never beaten him heads up. There have been times when I have been close, and this guy will turn something up and shut the door in my face real quick!

Hickerad - really good player, great attitude on the course and would be a great person for anyone on the team to play with.

Great question. As much as I like bickering my way through THP with certain hopefuls I'd probably have to go with.....

Grins: I know he probably knows the course well considering his proximity to it and overall have just had some good talks about golf and THP in general over the last month or so with him. He's given me a chance and doesn't get caught up in the bs. Great guy!

Ntanygd760: I'd like him to make it mainly because I know how much he would truly enjoy the chance to play. Kind of a goofball sometimes but he could definitely lighten the mood for everyone. He's much funnier than I expected he would be!

I truly hope both get in. I also truly hope I get in.

Great question. As much as I like bickering my way through THP with certain hopefuls I'd probably have to go with.....

Grins: I know he probably knows the course well considering his proximity to it and overall have just had some good talks about golf and THP in general over the last month or so with him. He's given me a chance and doesn't get caught up in the bs. Great guy!

Ntanygd760: I'd like him to make it mainly because I know how much he would truly enjoy the chance to play. Kind of a goofball sometimes but he could definitely lighten the mood for everyone. He's much funnier than I expected he would be!

I truly hope both get in. I also truly hope I get in.

Can't go wrong with either of those two as well!!! Man I'm glad I'm not picking!

Can't go wrong with either of those two as well!!! Man I'm glad I'm not picking!

They are also very cordial....goes a long way to get a vote from me.

There are a lot of good choices from Ohio. I don't envy Mike. If I were him I would just pick 9 people group them in groups of 3 and tell them to go play winner is on the team

I'm already on the winning team, so I don't have to provide a public answer!

Stribs... From the posts I have read.. Sounds solid & has competed before. Known commodity..

Lions81.. Has the qualities to make a good team member.. Plus if I run into legal trouble in Ohio .. Boom.. All set...

All guys I have met would make great team members.. No wrong answers..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol I just picked two people unable to attend the event.

A serious answer would probably be robman7 and Canadan. I think Rob can be solid for a team and only needs the big stage to prove it. And for Dan, he's arguably Ohio's best player and always has a calm demeanor that it takes to play with the pressure. Plus I selfishly want him to get as much Grandaddy prep as possible

Both great picks and no arguments here. The first person I thought of was Canadan. He's just tough as hell. I'd probably pick you next Phil. You're definitely tournament-tested & have length and good touch around the greens. But there are so many good choices - I don't envy Mikedean441's job this week!

Such a tough question and the reason I don't envy either of the captains.

Selfishly I'll say PhillyV, because if I were to be the 3rd captains pick in this scenario I would love to be paired with him. We've played some matches with and against each other and our games work really well together. Plus he's a blast to have as a partner.

The 2nd pick....man...I'll go hickerad since he's another player I've had some good matches both with and against him. Another good partner as well.

Thanks man for the confidence. I have come to love the team format and feel I have played better when it comes to that

Now for my 2 votes besides Canadan and PhillyV cause we know most people would say those 2. I would go with AMart and Hickerad/Cbaker. AMart has really come along with his game and the dude can throw some darts. Reason I say Hickerad/Cbaker is cause you will see 2 very similar games. Both hit good distance off tee and very accurate with irons. I think you couldn't go wrong with either

Two people I would pick would be.

Pkorf - while he is obviously a good friend the guy is a good player and CLUTCH. I have never beaten him heads up. There have been times when I have been close, and this guy will turn something up and shut the door in my face real quick!

Hickerad - really good player, great attitude on the course and would be a great person for anyone on the team to play with.

Seriously - I don't know how Mike is gonna make this pick. Hickerad is an awesome guy to play with! Whoever has him as a partner is gonna have fun too. Cbaker, AMart, captaincaution, mmaynard11, are all great choices too. Really I feel like any of these guys will be a great choice too & rep OH well.

Thanks for the vote that doesn't count :alien:. I feel like when my dad used to take family votes - but his counted and ours didn't.

What I can say is I'm working more on improving my game now than I ever have before. By June I think I can surprise a few people...

I think Michigan Slice, he's the heart and soul guy every good team needs.

And Lions 81, I know one of the guys he plays with so I know he's got game to hang with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Utest

Last edited:
Hey 441, Any chance of a ranking for Capt's pick of the guys vying for spots? It will be time to make your decision before you know it.
Not a chance

Howdy fellas. Heading back to the OH in a few hours. Caught up on the thread, love seeing the all the activity in here.
How did the weekend go? Lots of round and practice? June will be here before we know it

Howdy fellas. Heading back to the OH in a few hours. Caught up on the thread, love seeing the all the activity in here.
How did the weekend go? Lots of round and practice? June will be here before we know it

Played outside here in MI today with Tpluff, Michigan Slice, and Bullfrog from Ohio. Weather wasn't really too bad, low 40s but no wind. Some solid golf was played. Always great to play with THP'ers, and get in some RR prep!.

Back