The Completely Irrational Golf Beliefs Thread

playing it safe, screwing it up anyway and then thinking you truly would have been better off going for it.

I like this thread. Funny stuff in here. I think this can go on for quite a while :) good job "4Kapp"

Mine is that I hit blade style irons way better than cavity back irons.

#iwillownaset
#someday

I don't think that I hold any irrational beliefs - I'm pretty honest in my assessment of my approach to golf.

One irrational belief that I see commonly posted is that too many players think that they hit as high as 75% of shots from around 100 yards to within 10 feet of the hole. Since the best on Tour last year only averaged 15'6" from 100-125 (which would be less than 50% to 10 feet), I think that either some people have poor memories, or are poor judges for length of putt. In fact , from 50-75 yards the top 25 averages went from 8'10" to 12'8".

I don't think that I hold any irrational beliefs - I'm pretty honest in my assessment of my approach to golf.
".

That's only because your irrational fourputt....lol :)

But I hear ya with the 75% to 10feet thing from 100. Heck, I'd be more than very happy to even hit 75% simply on the green from 100 not even to mention 10feet.

fun thread.

my irrational belief is that i can be a scratch golfer. i will never have enough time. my wife - God bless her - will never support the goal to the point where i can practice as often as i will need to. and quite frankly the ingredients just aren't there. 3-5? perhaps. but scratch. i don't have what it takes.

I shot 95 today. this belief has proven to be completely irrational!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If don't mark the ball properly, it won't work right.

"There are no slow players". I know I have never had anyone tel me they were slow. Slow play is the cancer of golf, but good luck finding a slow player.

Back