2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

I know its fun to joke and everything about it, and listen, we are not in control of where you play from during extra rounds and frankly don't care. I just think its important to note there are major differences and from someone that has traveled the country hosting events and then playing these courses a ton of times, the distance is a major factor.

I know there are literally never slow downs or long rounds that take place at THP Events, unless you want to count every THP Event, but the truth is, the courses are difficult. But more so, they play long compared to other areas of the country. The Big 10 Championship didn't play from the tips. In fact they played from shorter than the 2nd set of tees too. Now I know everybody here is a long hitter, and the FlightScope is a damn liar, but just wanted to throw it out there so everybody moves along and has a good time. Here is a rundown of the Conservatory distances and ratings.

7776 Yards
Slope of 150
Rating of 78.2

Slope of 145
Rating of 76

Slope of 140
Rating of 73.8

Slope of 130
Rating of 71.3

I always recommend mixing tees to keep it at a decent distance here, and keep things moving on, but again, I am not playing and its not part of the event, so people can do what they want and I am sure will.

WOW...

78.2 is a monster course rating. I'm in for the white tees!

I was hoping for something in the 5800 range

WOW! Those are some serious ratings! Sounds like the course may eat someones lunch.

Nobody should try that course from the tip. Even 6700 with no roll would be a challenge, unless you are into self torture or something

WOW! Those are some serious ratings! Sounds like the course may eat someones lunch.

It's got some teeth. If you play from the right length and keep yourself in position, it's manageable. The big key is play from the right length for your game.

Playing a 7776 yard course at sea level with no roll might sound exciting for no one some, but it's certainly not going to be fun for anyone behind them.

Nobody should try that course from the tip. Even 6700 with no roll would be a challenge, unless you are into self torture or something

quoting for Sposey haha

Wow! Serious ratings I think Shane is in trouble....

Are people bringing stand bags or cart bags?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Im bringing my golf bag

Yowzas. I'll gladly move up to the front tees if you'll let me. I usually play the 6500ish range (NoVA area), but am down for whatever.

I'm brining a stand bag to keep it light in the airport.

by removing the driver heads, I was able to fit all in my stand bag.

b0148822c8b872f794958d674f173762.jpg

Can I just tee it up from about 200 yards out on every hole?!?!? :bulgy-eyes:

I will be just in front of you then ... 6200 is my max limit I think ... I hope they have senior tees ...

I will be just in front of you then ... 6200 is my max limit I think ... I hope they have senior tees ...

The 620 WAS the senior tee I believe.... Looks like I know where I'll be playing from (drop areas)

The 620 WAS the senior tee I believe.... Looks like I know where I'll be playing from (drop areas)

No, it was not. There are a number of tee boxes ahead of those yardages I listed.

I predict lots of fun for some (lucky) great THPers this weekend!!!

Is it time to leave yet? Gawd, this day is taking FOREVER.

Haven't started scripting yet, but I've got both a grey and teal flatbrim of you want to pair your Saturday outfit around that beags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5995 on conservatory like a boss

Back