2016 summer cup - the event!

El Bandito

Reaction score
Handicap
13 ish
So - Here we are

It is with mixed feelings that I post this, as I know that for some - these dates are not doable. I just could not get dates that were going to suit everyone. Also - availability was proving an issue with some venues.

Ultimately - the cookie has crumbled as follows:

Time: Sunday 17th of July - Tee times from 13:52 Premier Course
Monday 18th of July - Tee times from 09:20 Championship Course

Manner: with a smile and a laugh please

Place: MacDonald Portal Hotel, Golf & Spa - Cheshire (Euros - fly into Liverpool John Lennon airport or Manchester - both 30 miles)
http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/theportal

The Deal

£130 a head + optional polo shirt charge, which we'll do separately.

Gets you Sunday night in a twin or double. Bring your own bed mate or pick a Hacker or I'll pick one for you.

Tea / Coffee and Bacon roll on arrival. (Vegetarians may choose Tea / Coffee and empty roll)
3 Course dinner from the Market Menu on Sunday.
Full English breakfast on Monday morning.
Full use of leisure facilities (pool, steam rooms, saunas and gym)
20% discount on drinks in the hotel bar
10% off items purchased in the Pro Shop

That's the deal boys and girls.

It is the Sunday of the Open - so put bluntly, we will miss it.

Having gone North last year - i was looking to go South this year - and to all Southerners, Cheshire is firmly North - however, any Scot will tell you, its still South from their point of view.

Contracts need to be signed and deposits paid by the end of April folks - so we need to crack on.

Preferably - give me £130, if not then £30 will secure your spot.

I'll accept payments via Bank Transfer or Paypal - PM me for details.

I will reserve the next two posts on this thread for a rolling list of participants and any important info that we want easy access to...

Get signed up. Get your mates signed up.

Last edited:
Name -------------------------------------------Amount Paid
1. El Bandito ---------------------------------------£130
2. Almdudler----------------------------------------£130
3. The Doctor----------------------------------------£130
4. Baileys--------------------------------------------£130
5. Ice------------------------------------------------£130
6. The Swedette-------------------------------------£130
7. Mizuno Blue (Single)-----------------------------£170
8. Chas (Single)-------------------------------------£170
9. Sammy (Dressed in the Dark) Guest-----------£130
10. NON-PLAYER - Jen-----------------------------£99
11. Dirk St Moritz-----------------------------------£130
12. Will_I_Dream (Single)------------------------£170
13. Torben-------------------------ELB-------------£130
14. Carlsberg Boy-----------------ELB-------------£130
15. BabyB (Single)---------------------------------£170
16. NON PLAYER (La Bandita)---------------------£99
17. Wistler12---------------------------------------£130
18. Bismarck----------------------------------------£130

Last edited:
Format

Singles. Each player must keep their stableford score for both rounds. Full handicap. The best combined score over the two days wins.

Teams. On Day 1, we will go out two BaBas versus two Chaps. In the four ball, we will also be playing Stableford MATCHPLAY 4 ball better ball (full handicap) so the best BaBa score on the hole will score against the best Chaps score. So each hole will be a win / halve / loss for the teams. At the end of the 18 holes, the winning pair will earn two points for their team. A half will earn 1 point for the team and a loss will earn no points for the team. Remember - even if you partner is clearly winning the hole - you still need your score for the individual event.

We play from Tees of the Day. Note - the Swedette plays from Ladies Tees or gets an adjusted card. Pro to advise on the day.

Handicaps. On trust.

Teams

The BaBas

Almdudler (Captain)
The Swedette
Thorben
Carlsberg Boy
Dirk St Moritz
BabyB
Will_I_Dream
Chas

The Chaps

The Doctor (Captain)
Mizuno Blue
Baileys
Ice
Bismarck
Wistler12
Sammy Short Iron
El B

Last edited:
I will double check with work tomorrow but I was already looking at that Monday for something else that has since fallen through so I should be good to go

Great deal, Stu :good:

Gutted I cant make it though :bad:

If anything changes I'll try and get a dropout spot....

Count me in, enjoyed my first trip last year,looking forward to this years. Bonus for me is that it's a bank holiday for me so I am off on the Monday

Been twisting some arms. Price down to £130.:banana:

Ooooo I want to go, I really do. but I just don't think I would get sign-off! Sounds like a very good deal

Ooooo I want to go, I really do. but I just don't think I would get sign-off! Sounds like a very good deal

Bring the WO along. £99

She can enjoy the spa or the beautiful cities of Chester, Liverpool and Manchester while you golf. Then she can join a low key tea and biscuits on the Sunday evening where competitors are rewarded for their excellence...

What could possibly go wrong?:angel:

I will double check with work tomorrow but I was already looking at that Monday for something else that has since fallen through so I should be good to go

Ok, I have got the Monday signed off at work so I am good to go

Not sure if you saw my message elsewhere, but Jen may well come along for the spa facilities but I will let you know as soon as I can - she mentioned about coming along if I was going on my own but was also thinking of going to visit the kids while I was away so not 100% certain what she is planning

WO's (War Offices) welcome. Cost to them is £99 including access to the Spa (treatments extra obviously)

I know La Bandita is considering it if there are going to be other WOs - a cabinet of WOs, as it were:banghead:

I will let you know as soon as I can Stu, may be later this evening, but should definitely know by the end of the week

Ill check and let you know in the next few days (away with work just now). I have a wedding on the 16th so I'd says it's unlikely but will check the logistics and see what I can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, Jen has provisionally said yes to coming along, she just needs to check with work which she will do tomorrow

Is there a single room supplement charge Stu, I'm very shy you know :embarrassed:

Is there a single room supplement charge Stu, I'm very shy you know :embarrassed:

Additional £40 will get you a single Miz.

But why not bring Mrs Miz? Golfing weekend for you, Spa break for her - Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Additional £40 will get you a single Miz.

But why not bring Mrs Miz? Golfing weekend for you, Spa break for her - Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Thanks, when it comes to it can you note I'll have a single please.

We wouldn't leave the mutt mate, plus, she'd be counting what I was drinking, if you know what I mean :drinks:

Thanks, when it comes to it can you note I'll have a single please.

We wouldn't leave the mutt mate, plus, she'd be counting what I was drinking, if you know what I mean :drinks:

Drinking?

Drinking?

Heaven forfend.

I shall make a note of every beverage that you go near young man...

Just an update Stu, Jen has got the Monday off so you can put her down as a definite and I suppose I had better share a room with her.....

I will get some money over to you at the weekend

Well, it's all gone a bit quiet over here...all the UK Hackers must be out winning their clubs medals...

Roll up, roll up.

Need some more sign-ups guys. Nothing from the Yorkie bars, the Danes and a bit light on the Scottish front....

Hey,

Checked and this looks doable. Got a wedding on the 16th but could get down first thing on the 17th provided I wasn't dying with a hangover. Can drive to the wedding, save money and put that towards the golf..

Floated the idea to the wife and while I expected abuse she didn't seem bothered :)

Was gonna give her a day or so change her mind before committing money..looking positive though

Hey,

Checked and this looks doable. Got a wedding on the 16th but could get down first thing on the 17th provided I wasn't dying with a hangover. Can drive to the wedding, save money and put that towards the golf..

Floated the idea to the wife and while I expected abuse she didn't seem bothered :)

Was gonna give her a day or so change her mind before committing money..looking positive though

Like your thinking BabyB.

Did you get my deposit stu?

Not as of last night Chas - I daresay it will turn up today. I'll post when it does.

Back