Country Music Fans in Here!!

Its not country. Not even close, and it's not people dictating it, it's execs. Its why real country now only comes out of OK, TX, GA, and the likes.

Sure, one can change the station, but that doesn't change that it's still pop.

JMO, and I have no problem owning it.
Hahaha we will sit down to a cold beer and listen to some good old Red Dirt and laugh at the wannabe's one day buddy

get off my lawn!

Turn the the dial if you don't like what playing dude

I do frequently when I'm in a truck 10hrs a day there's lots of station hoping, but I rarely pay attention to what's on the radio anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I only listen to country radio when in the car with my wife. It's sad how pathetic it is.

And I'm with Jman, Eric Church is the only current artist in Nashville I care for.

Yep, I only listen to country radio when in the car with my wife. It's sad how pathetic it is.

And I'm with Jman, Eric Church is the only current artist in Nashville I care for.

You need to get the new Chris Stapleton album, it's phenomenal from first track to last... Plus it has a more older bluegrass sound.

You need to get the new Chris Stapleton album, it's phenomenal from first track to last... Plus it has a more older bluegrass sound.

You are correct, that is a killer album. It just slipped my mind.

You are correct, that is a killer album. It just slipped my mind.

But I will agree, after that, there really isn't much on the radio after that. I used to only listen to country music on the radio in the car(I listen to all genres), because I was always hearing good music. I flipped it over to the radio in my truck and I heard Sam Hunt reading through the lyrics of a song.

Its phenomenal. But the ONLY reason it's getting played on the radio is that it won awards. The stations had no plans of it seeing light until they happened. It is though, proof that it can come back around.

Maybe after Sam Hunt and the current crop fall off a building. A really tall one.

Its phenomenal. But the ONLY reason it's getting played on the radio is that it won awards. The stations had no plans of it seeing light until they happened. It is though, proof that it can come back around.

Maybe after Sam Hunt and the current crop fall off a building. A really tall one.

Maybe, because I've noticed that music is geared towards the 13-23 year olds. So as long as they enjoy the music they will continue to produce this so called music.

And to further your notion on the awards, I agree 1000%. The same thing happened with Mumford and Sons after they won the Grammy for Album of the year. Yes the album was great, I loved it. But I still think their album before (Sigh no More)their Grammy winner was a much better album.

Maybe, because I've noticed that music is geared towards the 13-23 year olds. So as long as they enjoy the music they will continue to produce this so called music.

And to further your notion on the awards, I agree 1000%. The same thing happened with Mumford and Sons after they won the Grammy for Album of the year. Yes the album was great, I loved it. But I still think their album before (Sigh no More)their Grammy winner was a much better album.

100 percent same page.

Got to see Garth when he was in Baltimore and it was great. He did 5 shows in 3 days, we saw the 2nd. I am a fan of just about all country music from George Jones, Chris Ledoux, to Sam Hunt and Cam and lots of the new one.

I brought my wife to see Cole Swindell. He sounds awful. Voice is rough and off key.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Merle was the best!

I'm not a big country music guy but I'm taking my wife to see Garth Brooks tomorrow night in Raleigh. Pretty darn excited about it

I'm not a big country music guy but I'm taking my wife to see Garth Brooks tomorrow night in Raleigh. Pretty darn excited about it

Enjoy we are going in a couple weeks

Merle was the best!
I was supposed to see him tomorrow night, but he is sick, and I will be in Wyoming anyway m
Have a blast dude. Puts on a stellar show.

Have fun, I'm jealous.

You too, my man!

I was supposed to see him tomorrow night, but he is sick, and I will be in Wyoming anyway m

Have a blast dude. Puts on a stellar show.

Have fun, I'm jealous.

Thanks, buddy. My wife is super excited--she's wanted to see him live in for a long time.

I'm clearly in the minority... but I enjoy some of the newer country. It's the only genre I really listen to anymore.

Current favorite is Thomas Rhett... but also a fan of Rodney Atkins, Chris Young, Eric Church, Sam Hunt, Zac Brown Band and Chase Rice... and I have a major soft spot for Kacey Musgraves.

I enjoy older country as well. Anything by Alabama never gets skipped.

I realize that the newer stuff is becoming less and less 'country'... but I enjoy the originality and song writing of guys like Sam Hunt. I saw him in Charlotte with Dierks Bentley last year before he became as popular as he is and he's got some genuine talent.

I'm 37... so not exactly a kid, I just enjoy some of the upbeat stuff coming out as opposed to what people USED to think country music was.

I do skip everything by Florida Georgia Line and most "songs" released by Luke Bryan... but I give everything a listen or two before deciding to give it a thumbs down on Pandora.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

I'm clearly in the minority... but I enjoy some of the newer country. It's the only genre I really listen to anymore.

Current favorite is Thomas Rhett... but also a fan of Rodney Atkins, Chris Young, Eric Church, Sam Hunt, Zac Brown Band and Chase Rice... and I have a major soft spot for Kacey Musgraves.

I enjoy older country as well. Anything by Alabama never gets skipped.

I realize that the newer stuff is becoming less and less 'country'... but I enjoy the originality and song writing of guys like Sam Hunt. I saw him in Charlotte with Dierks Bentley last year before he became as popular as he is and he's got some genuine talent.

I'm 37... so not exactly a kid, I just enjoy some of the upbeat stuff coming out as opposed to what people USED to think country music was.

I do skip everything by Florida Georgia Line and most "songs" released by Luke Bryan... but I give everything a listen or two before deciding to give it a thumbs down on Pandora.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

I'm with you. I enjoy a lot of the newer stuff as well as the older stuff, but I'm in my 20s so the more upbeat songs are more enjoyable to me. Most complains I see are generally "it's not real country music" but if you go back and listen to what was considered country music in say 1940 and compared it with the music that came 20-40 years later, you'll notice that's not exactly the same either. Musical genres evolve and change which I'm okay with. I listen to all types of music as long as I like the song. My iPod's got a bit of everything - country, metal, hip hop, soul, techno, rock.

Just heard Kenny Chesney's new single Noise.... I'm not a huge Chesney fan but this song is solid.

Just heard Kenny Chesney's new single Noise.... I'm not a huge Chesney fan but this song is solid.
Not sure I'd it's the song from him I heard yesterday, but Noise is how I would describe what I heard.

I wasn't a fan.

Sturgill Simpson's new album is on pre-order.

As most people have never seen him:

Back