St. Louis, MO THP Outing - Gateway National April 16, 2016

Just Saturday for me and my guest

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hole 13 today.
d099f23f3595ece0488e4e6fb9e51094.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's looking great! The courses are finally coming to life and staring to look good in this area. Started lessons yesterday and planning on plenty of driving range time between now and then, hopefully I can score decent at Gateway. I'm playing somewhere in the 17-18 cap range right now.

Thinking I'm just gonna have to play thru the thumb injury. I got out for the first time in a week yesterday and am hurtin' pretty good today. No real cure for tendinitis other than cutting me open, which I'm not up for right now.

Nothing a few beers won't cover up =)

Who's the best gopher going? I challenge theee

This going to be a #THPCallout?

It's not me, by the way. I'll be near the bottom of the barrel...

This going to be a #THPCallout?
Whoever it is #thpcallout.

Wubears? #yafeelme? I don't know any of yallll but let's make it interesting.

I can't claim to be the best gopher... but if we end up in a bar with an open mic night, I'll trade guitar licks with anyone, haha...

I have played with a couple of the guys. There will be some good shooters there for sure. I have never played the course but am always up for whatever amd whoever.

I'll go play a few more rounds with the injured thumb to pad my cap :golf:

Thanks for coordinating things wubears. As for the Gateway round, ghin will have me at 16.4 in tomorrow's revision. Sad thing is, I'm in no way playing anywhere close to it so far this season. All 10 of the differentials counted are from the 12 rounds still leftover from last fall. But I can't wait, THP golf is always all about the fun. As for Sunday, (where was it again?) I was planning to just play Cardinal Creek with my daughter's BF and his dad as they are both real new to golf but if there's room I'll see if they want to possibly join the THPers. I know they teamed up in one of the metro east men's leagues last year so they should do OK.

Last edited:
Thanks for coordinating things wubears. As for the Gateway round, ghin will have me at 16.4 in tomorrow's revision. Sad thing is, I'm in no way playing anywhere close to it so far this season. All 10 of the differentials counted are from the 12 rounds still leftover from last fall. But I can't wait, THP golf is always all about the fun. As for Sunday, (where was it again?) I was planning to just play Cardinal Creek with my daughter's BF and his dad as they are both real new to golf but if there's room I'll see if they want to possibly join the THPers. I know they teamed up in one of the metro east men's leagues last year so they should do OK.

Here's the Sunday AM details. As of now we have plenty of room.

Re: Far Oaks - I talked w/ Tyler at the pro shop just now. Here is the scoop for Sunday AM April 17th:

--Rack Rate would $59.99; they'll do $49.99 per player so that saves us a few bucks.
--I booked 4 foursomes - will probably only need 3 but I just grabbed an extra that we can cancel if needed as long as we cancel 24 hours in advance or more.
--Tee times are 8:57, 9:06, 9:15, 9:24

So - who's in for Sunday AM as well?

I'm sitting at 8 even handicap wise, but haven't had anything official recorded this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ready for golfing weather!

Haven't been out yet this year better get at least one rep in before the showdown. :)

Not that I care but it looks like the shamble is out the window.

With only 3 rounds chopped so far this year, and if everyones' going to be a couple up from the Tips, maybe the first 3 man round robin callout?!?

I definitely don't need to play from the tips but I'd be down! I'd need to put in some serious work between now and then, but I'll compete against whoever...

St. Louis area #THPCallout event, is that where your going?

Im always up for a call out.

How's the green speed at gateway?

A lot of good #THPCallout matches possible here, this could get interesting...

In addition to a 1st, 2nd and last place prize I'm going to get us hooked up with a longest drive contest (hole 6 more than likely as it has the best chance of not playing into the wind and no water where a long drive can roll into the creek), closest to the pin (hole 12) and longest putt (tbd). Prizes will be awarded for all three.

The 1st, 2nd and last will be based on handicaps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back