The Smart Watch Thread

Look forward to your review on the Sony, I'm thinking of getting one to use with Swing by Swing or maybe Golfshot and I'll be interested in the battery life and functionality. My phone is fixed to my push-trolley at the minute which is no good if I'm in the rough or trees.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Still messing around with it. The watch itself is great, but Golf shot didn't work that great Saturday and SbS didn't either on Sunday. Probably me but I'll keep screening around with it

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Anyone have the Fossil Q Founder? I love the look, but not sure I like where the light sensor is / flat tire at the bottom of the face. Mixed reviews about its use with iOS (I have an iPhone, and it runs Android Wear), and lack of stellar battery life.

Still messing around with it. The watch itself is great, but Golf shot didn't work that great Saturday and SbS didn't either on Sunday. Probably me but I'll keep screening around with it

Ok, cheers.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I got the Sony SmartWatch 3 for Christmas and love this thing. I haven't been able to use it for golf yet but for everyday uses and functionality it is great. Battery life is so so but I realized that if I don't connect the Bluetooth to my phone it lasts easily for 3 days, if connected it is about a day and a half. It has Android Wear and also syncs with Google Fit which I was using before with just my phone.

My wife got a great deal on Amazon and glad we got it.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a smart watch, very possibly the Sony SW3. Anybody happy with it as a golf GPS?

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a smart watch, very possibly the Sony SW3. Anybody happy with it as a golf GPS?

in for answer

I owe a review. I just got one and tried it once. It didn't work great. I tried Golfshot and SxS, but think it was mostly my fault. I'm trying Hole 19 today. I'll get back with you guys.

I'm still on the fence with smart watches, though it's just a personal thing. I have a few watches, and it seems like I go a few years where I'll wear a watch, then a few where I won't. So, that makes it tough for my to want to have one to wear. With that said, the new tech in them make it seem less like a gimmick and more like a reasonable piece of wearable tech.

I think Crest4 got the Sony smart watch. Might want to shoot him a PM to get his opinion.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I think Crest4 got the Sony smart watch. Might want to shoot him a PM to get his opinion.

I was banking on him seeing this in between diapers, hockey games and Silver bullets.

I was banking on him seeing this in between diapers, hockey games and Silver bullets.
Yo!

I am getting out for 9 holes tomorrow and am going to use the Golfshot app that came free with the watch so I will report back tomorrow.

The options for customization are amazing but that's what Android as platform is known for and this doesn't disappoint

I'm still on the fence with smart watches, though it's just a personal thing. I have a few watches, and it seems like I go a few years where I'll wear a watch, then a few where I won't. So, that makes it tough for my to want to have one to wear. With that said, the new tech in them make it seem less like a gimmick and more like a reasonable piece of wearable tech.
That was me too. I think the are gimmicky to a point. However mine has shown to be useful more times than I thought it would. I still don't know if the tech will ever get there to where it is a must have item. Honestly it's also part of the reason I went with the Zenwatch 2 because it didn't break the bank.

Here is my latest face, kinda futuristic

c93dcbd33579e08d0c69611b3c52c833.jpg

I owe a review. I just got one and tried it once. It didn't work great. I tried Golfshot and SxS, but think it was mostly my fault. I'm trying Hole 19 today. I'll get back with you guys.

Played using my Sony and Hole19 yesterday. I am warming up to the watch idea. It worked really well. After 5 hours the watch was still at 45%. Whenever I walked up to the ball a quick glance gave front, middle, and back with middle larger than the other two. One of the best things about the Sony is it has what I think they call a transflective screen, which means you can still see what's on the display without illuminating it. Plus the Song has GPS built in. I think some of the Samsung's do also. Hole 19 doesn't take advantage of that yet though. You still need your phone with you with their app.

Used the Golf Shot app with the Sony Smartwatch 3 today and it performed exactly as I expected. GPS was accurate and easy to use. The only issue I had was with me, I am not a fan of wearing a watch while I play. Just doesn't feel comfortable yet. I am going to try it out again when I hit the range next and see if I can get a little more comfortable with it.

The app also has a scoring feature but I like the old fashioned paper pencil still. This is also something I will have to get used to. Part of my issue is that I don't keep my phone in my pocket I keep it in my bag. So reaching for it after each hole is kind of a pain.

Used the Golf Shot app with the Sony Smartwatch 3 today and it performed exactly as I expected. GPS was accurate and easy to use. The only issue I had was with me, I am not a fan of wearing a watch while I play. Just doesn't feel comfortable yet. I am going to try it out again when I hit the range next and see if I can get a little more comfortable with it.

The app also has a scoring feature but I like the old fashioned paper pencil still. This is also something I will have to get used to. Part of my issue is that I don't keep my phone in my pocket I keep it in my bag. So reaching for it after each hole is kind of a pain.
You can use the golf shot app without your phone correct?

Used the Golf Shot app with my Tag Heuer Connected this weekend and turns out to be too much info lol. I knew the course well and had to keep score in a different app for league play and all the toys were just too much. Ends up I just like the rangefinder if I know the course. I like the cart GPS for courses I have never seen.

Bumping this kind of old thread. Anybody gone to a Smartwatch lately? I was about to pull the trigger on the Vivoactive HR fitness watch since it has everything I am wanting, but quite frankly I am not sold on the look of it so I started looking at smartwatches. I want one that has golf gps on it as well as a heart rate monitor, sleep tracking, calorie counter, steps taken, water resistant as well as text and call notifications. I am really a what I am hearing about the soon be released Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (to be released Nov. 18 I think) although that Gear s2 Classic may just be the better move since it isn't as large. Anyway, any input THP can give me appreciated.

Used the Golf Shot app with my Tag Heuer Connected this weekend and turns out to be too much info lol. I knew the course well and had to keep score in a different app for league play and all the toys were just too much. Ends up I just like the rangefinder if I know the course. I like the cart GPS for courses I have never seen.

How do you like that Tag Heuer Connected?

Bumping this kind of old thread. Anybody gone to a Smartwatch lately? I was about to pull the trigger on the Vivoactive HR fitness watch since it has everything I am wanting, but quite frankly I am not sold on the look of it so I started looking at smartwatches. I want one that has golf gps on it as well as a heart rate monitor, sleep tracking, calorie counter, steps taken, water resistant as well as text and call notifications. I am really a what I am hearing about the soon be released Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (to be released Nov. 18 I think) although that Gear s2 Classic may just be the better move since it isn't as large. Anyway, any input THP can give me appreciated.
The Gear watches still can only be used with Samsung phones correct? I would lean heavily towards an Android wear device since it can be used on any phone, even Apple. When it's time for a new decide why would you want to be limited in your selection?

The Gear watches still can only be used with Samsung phones correct? I would lean heavily towards an Android wear device since it can be used on any phone, even Apple. When it's time for a new decide why would you want to be limited in your selection?

I believe that they are now compatible with other devices based on what I have read recently as long as the phone runs Android 4.4 or higher. They still won't work with iPhones though.

I believe that they are now compatible with other devices based on what I have read recently as long as the phone runs Android 4.4 or higher. They still won't work with iPhones though.

I'd be interested if this is actually the case, but i cant find any documentation saying it.

Back