Votes: 13 13.3%
  • Have More Fun

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Travel, Play My Bucket List Course

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Add a Comment Below)

Votes: 17 17.3%

• Total voters
My main goal is to lower my handicap. I haven't really set a number as I don't want to focus on the fact that I need to hit a number. But I would like to qualify for the B class club championship which is 16 or below. I think it is doable, had a good end of season which helped me get closer to that target.

A big thing for me this year will be having the mindset of there is more to life than golf and just looking to have fun. Our first child will be born in April, so I really just want to enjoy times I will have playing and hope that it will bring me some cuts along the way.

After 24 hours of voting, looks like the majority of everyone (28%) want to lower their handicaps this year.

1.) THP event.
2.) scoring average below 85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 goal for me this year is to bring my two young kids along more often.

game wise, I'm hoping to end 2019 with a cap under 15, avoid multiple 3 putts per round, and keep the ball in play more consistently.

Have fun. Simple really.

~Rock

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Didn't you have fun in 2018?

Sure, but like most, if not all people, there were moments of not so much fun. No reason to change the goal now. Just strive to have fun, and keep out the bad times. This will be the 4th year in a row where that's really my only goal.

Because really, if it's not fun, then why play the game?

~Rock

#1 To get back playing again. This was my goal for last year that didn't happen.

To have several rounds where I hit every FW.

Lower my handicap. Currently sitting at 17.6, but want to get it back to where it was before I stopped playing. That was a 15.

Going with the above, I want to regularly break 90 and 45 (9 holes). Current scoring is around 95.

And of course play more with my son (7 years). During the past holidays I started him playing for scoring. I decided his distances would be:
Par 5s = 150m
Par 4s = 100m
Par 3s = 60m

Using the above distances, he got his first birdie the past holiday as well as a couple of pars. He was supper chuffed. His scores was between 48-50 during our rounds over 9 holes. Using a 30 handicap, he beat me in all the rounds. :banghead: Of course he is super chuffed.

This has been asked a few times already without the poll and I am sticking with what I have been saying for months. For me its Other on the poll. CONSISTENCY is my goal. I think most other things will come with more of it. I know I have the athletic ability to play at a much higher level and this year I know I will be more consistent and make that happen.

Play more, which should hopefully allow me to beat my previous lowest score, and lower my handicap. Also planning on taking a couple of lessons which should also help.

Play more golf. I'm not really good at the game but I love being out there in the fresh air, getting moderate exercise and playing with friends. I will of course attend clinics in the vague hope of getting better.

I'm hoping to play more 18 hole rounds of golf. In doing that I'm hoping to work on my second shot and hitting more greens which will help me break 80 for the first time. So it's a progressive goal.

I want to stay healthy and play 3 x week, and I hope that we don't get record rainfall this year as we did in 2018. I think the course has been continuously wet from the beginning of August 2018 to the present!

I chose other since I would like to improve my ball striking. And by doing so the first 2 choices would hppen as a result since my short game is fine for now.

I voted for improve my technique / instruction. I assume this means takes more lessons because that's my plans. Get back to every other week lessons. Then I practice with a more directed focus and set smaller, more obtainable in the short term, goals.

I'm gonna roll mine over from last year and say break 80. I shot 81 a couple times, 82 a handful of times, and 83 yet a few more times. Probably 10-12 rounds from 81-83 on both par 70 and 72 courses. Just can't get below. I either sabotage it in the first couple of rounds, then play lights out or just have a couple of holes somewhere in the middle that destroy the round. Just gotta keep it together and in play a whole round and keep the putter behaving properly to get it done.

2 things
1) make consistent ball contact I have a problem moving earth and topping balls.
2)shoot one round of 89 or lower.

My goal for 2018 was to be into the 90s and I succeeded there so can’t wait to see if I can hit my goals this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Increase GIR's, everything else is good.

Enjoy myself. Every time I make golf goals, life gets in the way.
I realize I’ll always be working on my swing. That’s ok but no more golf swing and expectations.

I want to lower my handicap to the 10-12 range. I'm going to be putting in more range time this year vs just playing. I made some good progress last year, now it's time to step it up a notch.

Back