Votes: 17 17.3%

• Total voters

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
Since 2018 has come and gone, I wanted to see what everyone's thinking is towards the new year and your golfing goals. It's been another fabulous year at THP with events, knowledge, SWAG, and forever friendships made.

So what is it you want to do or accomplish in the new year?

to get more consistent. I have struggled that last year or so because of a stupid change I did. Once I realized what the issue was, I corrected it. Now i'm starting to come back around to where I was before. However, I really need to get more consistent. Range time at lunch did it for me in the past but I have gotten away from that. I need to re-focus and get back to doing that. That's my 19 Golf resolution... Hit the range at least 2-3 times a week for a bucket of balls.

I chose play more golf. I didnt play a ton last year, especially from August on so taking some more time for myself will be a goal of mine this year

#1 goal would be bring my average score below 80. i recorded 35 rounds to my handicap last year (played a few more than that). 12 were in the 70s, 19 in the 80s, 4 in the 90s. average score of 82. close, but gotta work harder.

not really a goal, more of a desire, but i want to get in the grandaddy. don't we all!

Drastically improve the short game. I leave so many strokes there with bad chipping and putting (probably 10-12 per round at least).. not that other parts of my game are perfect but short game

And attend a THP event or at least golf with some local thpers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Drastically improve the short game. I leave so many strokes there with bad chipping and putting (probably 10-12 per round at least).. not that other parts of my game are perfect but short game

I should have added that to the poll. That's a good one.

Drop my hcp by 2-3 strokes

+1

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I should have added that to the poll. That's a good one.
Didn't even know there was a poll haha Tapatalk doesn't show that, to the web view it is!

I just want to play more.

I voted beat my lowest score. Was really close several times last year to scoring par and missed by 2 strokes twice. Lowering HC is the second goal.

*making sure I beat @2BFAST on his home course in May. :blob:

To be healthy

To be healthy

Same here. But I am going to assume I'll be healthy, so voted "improve my technique." Before getting hurt last year, I was having my best ball striking season by far. If I could have scored early in the year, I would have posted my best scores ever; heck, even without scoring well, I dropped my Hdcp several strokes. I want to get back to that swing and consistency.

Improving my technique is number 1 on the list. If i can manage to do that a couple of those other choices come into play also!

Keep chasing dimpled balls around the cow fields and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am just wanting to get it airborne. Its all fun for me. Being focused is fun. Playing good and bad is fun. Being with great people is fun. Figuring out my clubs is fun.

Play more for me for sure. Did not play nearly enough last year. Was depressing. Oh and at least one THP event. Been two years without...also depressing.

Last edited:
I plan on at least two THP events if the stars align. And will also be playing in Georgia State events throughout the year.

I plan on at least two THP events if the stars align. And will also be playing in Georgia State events throughout the year.

I look forward to following your progress in the GA Events this year! Good luck my friend!

Win the Effing Morgan Cup with Team Hackers!!!

I want to shoot 70 or better this year.

Play more. I was only able to play 27 holes this past year because of neck, arm, and hand problems.

I would be happy just figuring out my tee box woes!

What Is Your #1 Golf Goal in 2019?

#1 goal for me is increasing swing/ball speed. My wife gave me the Super Speed Training System for Christmas, and I have developed a six month plan in hopes to increase swing speed/ball speed by 10%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back