Apple Pie with Cheddar Cheese - Good or Wrong?

That doesn't look all that bad. Would definitely have to get over the cheese part. Honestly think the type of cheese and apples used makes or breaks it.

I haven't been able to stomach it to be honest. My mother's side of the family has always been a cheese and apple pie group.

And by cheese, it often ends up being Cheez Whiz....... which leaves me gagging every time I see them eat it.

I haven't been able to stomach it to be honest. My mother's side of the family has always been a cheese and apple pie group.

And by cheese, it often ends up being Cheez Whiz....... which leaves me gagging every time I see them eat it.

Oh that's disgusting.

That's the correct response to that combination

I'm guessing that applies to (fill in the blank) + cheese whiz?

I wouldn't say no to cheez whiz plus some crackers for a non-gourmet snack

I didn't know this was a thing even. I might try it once but it just doesn't sound right, and I love cheese.

So this just happened. I feel better already and I shall have a toddy and hit the sack!

3941b56e3eb150437a79a293392a6986_zps3uirboh0.jpg

JM

Glad to see this was tried. Sad that people are still down on it without trying it.

Apple pie with extra cinnamon powder and french fries .... yup :clap:

Cheddar cheese with apple pie is an English thing. I'm all English and Welsh on my mother's side, and her whole family did the cheese thing, but never melted. It should be served on the side. I loved Mom's apple pie, but never got into the cheese thing.

Yes because it tastes good!

I didn't read all the posts -- someone may have already mentioned this -- but there are a few popular Apple Pie recipes that include cheddar cheese as an ingredient in the crust. I think that's the standard Martha Steward recipe for apple pie, for example.

IMHO Fantastic!

NO, no, no, no, no, no, no....no.

Back