2019 Toulon Putter Thread

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
This thread will serve for all discussion and reviews of the new 2019 line of Toulon Putters.
c29237add1ba1058685046898fda6d0c.jpg

Last edited:
So any updates for this one from the grandaddy guys? I’m sure no one is busy with work and answering question in other review threads right now :alien:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas Strokelab Review
************** Large Grip
************** Length: 35”
************** Neck: Flowneck
Haven’t received this yet but can’t wait because the milling is now full face. During the putting fitting, I made every putt with this putter. Can’t wait to get it and roll it. I had always putted with a double bend neck and Luke and Sean fit me into the flowneck for the toe hang. Putts became way more consistent during the fitting. This also has the strokelab shaft in it! The thing about this putter is it has clean cut edges in all the lines and even though it’s a mallet, I don’t consider this a full mallet! Can’t wait to roll this one!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

:)

Pay attention to this thread, great stuff ahead from Sean, Joe and Tony and the entire Toulon team

Full face? Release the Vegas? Get in my bag?

Excited to see more info.

Any pictures?!?

We need pictures!!! The words are useless without pictures!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

And Stroke Lab. Stroke Lab is going to get a lot of attention. It's the idea that putter weights and weight distribution on putters has gotten out of whack. Callaway came up with a system which removes a great deal of weight from the body of the shaft and concentrates the weight toward each end. Testing show about a 20% improvement across the board on each putting measurable (Pace, control, takeaway, follow through, etc). Remember how Team THP Putted better than anyone expected, maybe better than any team in a THP event? Stroke Lab. It works.

And Stroke Lab. Stroke Lab is going to get a lot of attention. It's the idea that putter weights and weight distribution on putters has gotten out of whack. Callaway came up with a system which removes a great deal of weight from the body of the shaft and concentrates the weight toward each end. Testing show about a 20% improvement across the board on each putting measurable (Pace, control, takeaway, follow through, etc). Remember how Team THP Putted better than anyone expected, maybe better than any team in a THP event? Stroke Lab. It works.

Stroke Lab is coming to Toulon?

Stroke Lab is coming to Toulon?

Yes.

My Captain’s gift has the original putter head but Stroke Lab tech. Here are some pictures of the shaft

bd231ef9fe0e633139166450aa92c154.jpg

eb7f146c87a1e167d49e7b0a2ce002f0.jpg

61de9a829ca12e1d16d771786f80a34e.jpg

Yes and Yes. Full face milling is here, Vegas is here and every putter going forward will have the stroke lab shaft as the stock shaft

Guys from The Grandaddy were all fitted to a Toulon putter that they should start seeing around March timeframe. At that point we can get a bunch of pictures going.

Damn, this might make me finally pull the Toulon trigger.

So essentially the biggest difference between Odyssey Stroke lab and Toulong Stroke lab is one is a milled face the other is an insert?

Damn, this might make me finally pull the Toulon trigger.

So essentially the biggest difference between Odyssey Stroke lab and Toulong Stroke lab is one is a milled face the other is an insert?

I think that’s fair.

One thing I want to quickly add in here is that the Austin has received a beautiful facelift for this year, beyond the new branding and milling.

The overall shape has been completely revamped and is now a much better Anser shape. The heel side bumper has been shrunk, the neck ties in a little further back, and the bumpers have been reshaped completely. It's absolutely gorgeous and has such great lines now.

I absolutely love the milling across the entire face, and I love seeing the Stroke Lab shaft coming to this line.

When the Odyssey / Toulon team came up with the Stroke Lab concept, they realized the new Toulon lineup wouldn't be complete without incorporating it there as well. They are all in on Stroke Lab, and I think Odyssey / Toulon fans will be as well.

Toulon web page has been updated: https://blog.odysseygolf.com/toulon...94.1784839088.1546614043-709049123.1544501468

From that page:

FEATURES & BENEFITS

Deep Diamond Mill Across The Face
Deep cross-hatch grooves are engineered across the entire face to control sound and feel by channeling vibration. The small groove inside each diamond pattern is designed to improve the quality of the roll.

New Charcoal Smoke Finish
Odyssey Toulon is recognized for its beautiful craftsmanship and appealing look, and we’ve elevated our collection with an impressive new Charcoal Smoke Finish.

New Options To Enhance Your Performance
Each new model is available in our groundbreaking new Stroke Lab Design, with a Stroke Lab shaft for incredible tempo and consistency, a 20 gram steel soleplate, and pistol or oversized grips.

Performance Driven Design
Each model in the Odyssey Toulon Design Collection is a union of premium materials, intelligent design, expert craftsmanship, beautiful shaping, and advanced performance technology.

Only one guy (tequila4kapp) from the Grandaddy team has his in hand so far, and he posted some photos above. You can also see a couple pictures at the above link.

These will be available for pre-order on Feb 18.

I'm really excited to get my Portland in hand and on the greens!

Full face milling is great to hear and the Stroke Lab being introduced as stock makes a lot of sense. I cannot wait to see the new designs coming out. That Las Vegas is at the top of the list until further notice.

Huge yes yes yes on full face milling. Sliiiiiightly disappointing that the Odyssey Logo has taken over in some spots. Not a dealbreaker tho!

I am enormously excited that they went to full face milling.

Also, the Odyssey logo (not the name) in the cavity looks awesome. I am disappointed it's taking away from the Toulon name as I think that represents something very different from what we've come to love with Toulon.

Any pics of the new face milling to share?

Any pics of the new face milling to share?

Canadan has some in the post below yours, and T4K is the only person that has one in hand, I’m sure he’ll be able to get some for you.

Back