annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
I’ve seen the trailers and oddly for me I’m not to excited for Captain Marvel. Maybe it’s the odd looking helmet/mask thing or maybe like Superman it seems pretty certain that she can kick all the butt in the room. Are you excited and since she’s pretty important to the next Avengers storyline could this be a rare misstep for Marvel.

I’ve seen the trailers and oddly for me I’m not to excited for Captain Marvel. Maybe it’s the odd looking helmet/mask thing or maybe like Superman it seems pretty certain that she can kick all the butt in the room. Are you excited and since she’s pretty important to the next Avengers storyline could this be a rare misstep for Marvel.

This would be a disaster if it is a misstep by Marvel. This character is the basis for the whole next segment of Avengers movies from everything I’ve heard. She is supposedly the driving force of the series once a lot of the original characters like Iron Man go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You nailed it. Not sure I’m buying her in this very central role. We will see

One could say she looks an awful like a...
c7f7258af7b0ddbe43566701db0057f0.gif

One could say she looks an awful like a...
c7f7258af7b0ddbe43566701db0057f0.gif

Not sure who that is, but I am sure I will have to go see it since the besets half is a fan of all the marvel movies. Besides, I seem to remember that Captain Marvel was a guy when i was reading comics....

Attachments

• captain-marvel-shazam.png
    captain-marvel-shazam.png
    309.9 KB · Views: 0
I am excited to see this

Not sure who that is, but I am sure I will have to go see it since the besets half is a fan of all the marvel movies. Besides, I seem to remember that Captain Marvel was a guy when i was reading comics....

That’s the DC version that goes by Shazam due to copyright. That character will have its own movie this year and the previews look absolutely horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen this yet?

Saw it and it was okay... Entertaining. Nothing at all special though. Seemed more like a filler for the Marvel universe to set up End Game than it was a standalone Captain Marvel movie.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Went and saw it yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Definitely more of a "fun" movie than some of the Captain America or Avengers movie. Thought the characters were interesting, and Brie Larson and Samuel L Jackson were a great on screen team.

Saw it yesterday. Thought the first hour and 20 minutes was fairly ehhh but the last 30-40 mins was entertaining. Some parts of the back story were pretty cool.

Has anyone seen this yet?

Got to see a pre release showing last week and I found it enjoyable. If you enjoy the marvel series, it has some fun backstory you can pick up on. Not my favorite of the series, but enjoyable and worth the watch.

Saw it and it was okay... Entertaining. Nothing at all special though. Seemed more like a filler for the Marvel universe to set up End Game than it was a standalone Captain Marvel movie.

In that regard I think it served it purpose. Captain Marvel is supposed to be the most powerful Avenger and by all accounts is a central figure to the storyline of the next movie. This was simply the introduction of the character to set that up and future movies where Captain Marvel will probably be a central figure in the future of the series.

In that regard I think it served it purpose. Captain Marvel is supposed to be the most powerful Avenger and by all accounts is a central figure to the storyline of the next movie. This was simply the introduction of the character to set that up and future movies where Captain Marvel will probably be a central figure in the future of the series.
Yeah I'm also not a big fan of introducing the most powerful character to play a big role in End Game a month before it actually happens. Way too rushed

I saw it Friday & like most found it entertaining. It’s not my favorite but there’s explosions & that’s all I really need. I’m not going to a comic book movie expecting to have an intellectual awakening.

Yeah I'm also not a big fan of introducing the most powerful character to play a big role in End Game a month before it actually happens. Way too rushed

I see your point. Introducing it only a month before the release of Endgame is cutting it close but its all part of the hype since they know Endgame will be the biggest movie of the year after the final Star Wars. They left us hanging with the Captain Marvel tease in the credits scene of Infinity War. Of course they've been pretty secretive about Endgame so far so all we have to go off of is rumor but its pretty safe to say the next era of Marvel movies will be Captain marvel, Spiderman, Black Panther, Doctor Strange and another Guardians of the Galaxy movie at a minimum. I'm expecting Captain America to continue with Bucky Barnes carrying the role as well.

I enjoyed the movie, but it is probably near the bottom of Marvel movies for me. The way Fury lost his eye was lame to me the way it was set up especially in Winter Soldier but I did love the very small Mallrats reference pretty early on.

It was fine, but I am still thinking that the old vets will be the main focus of Endgame with Captain Marvel being the conduit to undoing the snap.

I enjoyed the movie, but it is probably near the bottom of Marvel movies for me. The way Fury lost his eye was lame to me the way it was set up especially in Winter Soldier but I did love the very small Mallrats reference pretty early on.

It was fine, but I am still thinking that the old vets will be the main focus of Endgame with Captain Marvel being the conduit to undoing the snap.

I'm glad you mentioned that about Fury's eye I thought the same thing when it happened #Lame

That’s the DC version that goes by Shazam due to copyright. That character will have its own movie this year and the previews look absolutely horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has your opinion changed since the latest trailer? I personally think it looks great. Love the thought of a kid as a superhero. The true Captain Marvel comes out on April 5th.

Captain Marvel

Same for me. Thought the CGI was much better here than on Black Panther, but Panther was a far better movie. Did not like some of The liberties they took with characters. Especially making Mar-vel a woman discrediting his existence as Marvels first Captain Marvel. At least Henry Pym got a little love in Antman, although Hank was truly a better character in the comics. I would give it a 5 or 6 out of 10. Although I will say I probably won’t be seeing this a second time in theaters. I have seen virtually every other Marvel and DC movie multiple times at the cinema.

I saw it Sat night and really liked it. I thought that it was really well done and sets the stage for Endgame.

Has your opinion changed since the latest trailer? I personally think it looks great. Love the thought of a kid as a superhero. The true Captain Marvel comes out on April 5th.

No I don't think so. the trailer is too heavy on humor. It makes me think they are hiding a bad story line.

Did not like some of The liberties they took with characters. Especially making Mar-vel a woman discrediting his existence as Marvels first Captain Marvel.

this is not meant to be a shot at you in any way, shape or form, so please do not take it as such. This comes from a very specific place: I loved, love and probably always will love comics, I just could not afford them growing up so only got to read them when at a friends house and as a child in an adults body, I am so busy playing grown-up stuff that I don't have the time to read them now...yet paradoxically I love them. And as such I go to every super hero movie (except X-men because they bore me and Deadpool II because the first one was so filthy I could not bring myself to, at risk of being labeled a prude) and often see them multiple times.

For people like me and those who are even less invested in comics but are going to the movie, what a character was originally will not matter for us. I did not know Mar-Vel was a dude and this version was a lot of fun. For me, they don't need to change characters and re-boot, there should be plenty more enjoyable Spiderman stories and I don't need a re-telling of the tired origin because it is not Tobey McGuire playing it, it is...Garfield? Garland? whatever second dudes name was, and don't need a third one with the kid doing Homecoming. I think he is doing a great job with it...but tell a non-origin story.

Anyhow, the overarching point I am making is...for the majority of the audience, close adherence to the comics is generally not important to us, they can change the gender or race or even if they are an alien and used to be human. I had never heard of Guardians of the Galaxy and, while I understand and appreciate the discussions the hardcore have about who should be in the line-up...or if MarVel should be a dude or a chick...I am just happy to be getting decent active, enjoyable story and great visuals.

Again, I get where you are coming from. The hatchet job they did on Jonah Hex chills me to the core (the one comic I had almost the entire run of...purchased when I was an adult, lost in the divorce :-( ) but for the average fa, they did not care about the whole spirit raising/mind screw part. They just cared the movie sucked. Which it did. At least this movie was fun and enjoyable. I just wanted to provide another perspective

this is not meant to be a shot at you in any way, shape or form, so please do not take it as such. This comes from a very specific place: I loved, love and probably always will love comics, I just could not afford them growing up so only got to read them when at a friends house and as a child in an adults body, I am so busy playing grown-up stuff that I don't have the time to read them now...yet paradoxically I love them. And as such I go to every super hero movie (except X-men because they bore me and Deadpool II because the first one was so filthy I could not bring myself to, at risk of being labeled a prude) and often see them multiple times.

For people like me and those who are even less invested in comics but are going to the movie, what a character was originally will not matter for us. I did not know Mar-Vel was a dude and this version was a lot of fun. For me, they don't need to change characters and re-boot, there should be plenty more enjoyable Spiderman stories and I don't need a re-telling of the tired origin because it is not Tobey McGuire playing it, it is...Garfield? Garland? whatever second dudes name was, and don't need a third one with the kid doing Homecoming. I think he is doing a great job with it...but tell a non-origin story.

Anyhow, the overarching point I am making is...for the majority of the audience, close adherence to the comics is generally not important to us, they can change the gender or race or even if they are an alien and used to be human. I had never heard of Guardians of the Galaxy and, while I understand and appreciate the discussions the hardcore have about who should be in the line-up...or if MarVel should be a dude or a chick...I am just happy to be getting decent active, enjoyable story and great visuals.

Again, I get where you are coming from. The hatchet job they did on Jonah Hex chills me to the core (the one comic I had almost the entire run of...purchased when I was an adult, lost in the divorce :-( ) but for the average fa, they did not care about the whole spirit raising/mind screw part. They just cared the movie sucked. Which it did. At least this movie was fun and enjoyable. I just wanted to provide another perspective

Just to point out, Homecoming was not an origin story. Spiderman's first appearance in Civil War was to bring the character in but we already know Spiderman's story a million times over.

Saw it Saturday as well. As others said, first hour and some was a bit drawn out but I think they tried to get the whole backstory in. Entertaining and action packed end, good Segway into endgame

Worth seeing before endgame, maybe go on a Tuesday night or a weekend morning so save a few bucks

Back