True temper AMT BLACK r300 shafts review

fatboy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Here is a start for my promised review. I have these shafts on Bridgestone JGR HF1 irons. All from the true temper event a few months back.

That event in sept was my 4th time golfing last yr due to a partially torn bicep tendon. Since that time i was able to only golf one time due to weather and (yep) another tendon issue in my left arm. Luckily i didnt really need that one so they just king of cut it the rest of the way.

Today, thanks to indoor golf i was able tp play a solid 18 with my son.

The clubs. The jgr go from 5i-p2. After about three holes i started to make solid contact. A couple things i noticed right away. The shafts are heavy and i hit the ball straight. Distance was 10-15 yards longer than my previous tm speed blades and i always had a slight fade with those. Today i found myself left a lot due to always setting up for the fade. It will take a while to get my head straight on that. It will also take a while to get used to the weight of the clubs.

But, the reality is i hit them farther and straight. Ill never be the big hitter that some of you monsters are, so i need to play smarter. That being said, I suddenly cannot wait until spring to play more. The true temper wizards were right when they pointed me to these shafts. I do need to have them cut down about 1 1/4”. There were not cut to size.

In a nutshell
1. Heavier
2. More distance
3. Better control
4. Improvement over stock shafts on previous set
5. Cant wait for spring!

If your getting older and your swing is slowing down take a look at these. Nothing glamorous, they just work.

Ill have more as i play more.

Fatboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a start for my promised review. I have these shafts on Bridgestone JGR HF1 irons. All from the true temper event a few months back.

That event in sept was my 4th time golfing last yr due to a partially torn bicep tendon. Since that time i was able to only golf one time due to weather and (yep) another tendon issue in my left arm. Luckily i didnt really need that one so they just king of cut it the rest of the way.

Today, thanks to indoor golf i was able tp play a solid 18 with my son.

The clubs. The jgr go from 5i-p2. After about three holes i started to make solid contact. A couple things i noticed right away. The shafts are heavy and i hit the ball straight. Distance was 10-15 yards longer than my previous tm speed blades and i always had a slight fade with those. Today i found myself left a lot due to always setting up for the fade. It will take a while to get my head straight on that. It will also take a while to get used to the weight of the clubs.

But, the reality is i hit them farther and straight. Ill never be the big hitter that some of you monsters are, so i need to play smarter. That being said, I suddenly cannot wait until spring to play more. The true temper wizards were right when they pointed me to these shafts. I do need to have them cut down about 1 1/4”. There were not cut to size.

In a nutshell
1. Heavier
2. More distance
3. Better control
4. Improvement over stock shafts on previous set
5. Cant wait for spring!

If your getting older and your swing is slowing down take a look at these. Nothing glamorous, they just work.

Ill have more as i play more.

Fatboy

While heavier than many stock shafts, they're still a medium weight shaft 94 to 115g in R300.

Dave

First round outside today Since i last swung these, i did need to get them cut down to size. I have to say the combination of these shafts and clubs worked great today. What i am finding is i am 10-15 yds longer and way more accurate. From 150 in i was hitting greens consistently and landing 15 ft from the hole. With slow greens putting was rough but i shot pretty solid today without needing to put my fat ass into shots. What i have learned so far is there is no way i will ever by clubs off the rack again. I am looking forward to getting more work in with these clubs and seeing just how dialed in i can get.

First round outside today Since i last swung these, i did need to get them cut down to size. I have to say the combination of these shafts and clubs worked great today. What i am finding is i am 10-15 yds longer and way more accurate. From 150 in i was hitting greens consistently and landing 15 ft from the hole. With slow greens putting was rough but i shot pretty solid today without needing to put my fat ass into shots. What i have learned so far is there is no way i will ever by clubs off the rack again. I am looking forward to getting more work in with these clubs and seeing just how dialed in i can get.

+1
BB.jpg

Yesterday i was able to play 18 with my boy who is home for the summer. Since i have gotten these clubs the weather has sucked. So, first 18 this year. Here is where im at. Usually struggle to break 90. These clubs with these true temper shafts are just fantastic. My swing is slower than 20 yrs ago. My joints ache. I have way too many surgical scars.
I am finding that i have added 20+ yards to each club. My accuracy is better than any time I am able to hit irons from longer distance. This combination of iron/shaft works. If your older with a slower swing i would recommend this combination.
Back to golf. Bet was a beer on front, beer on back, beer total. My son shot 86. I shot 85. The great part was i could have very easily shot under 80 except for the 6 3 putts on very slow greens. I still dont understand how i won and bought the beer. My sons response? “I ordered it”.
Hell, im happy to buy the beer after a round of golf with my boy.

Yesterday i was able to play 18 with my boy who is home for the summer. Since i have gotten these clubs the weather has sucked. So, first 18 this year. Here is where im at. Usually struggle to break 90. These clubs with these true temper shafts are just fantastic. My swing is slower than 20 yrs ago. My joints ache. I have way too many surgical scars.
I am finding that i have added 20+ yards to each club. My accuracy is better than any time I am able to hit irons from longer distance. This combination of iron/shaft works. If your older with a slower swing i would recommend this combination.
Back to golf. Bet was a beer on front, beer on back, beer total. My son shot 86. I shot 85. The great part was i could have very easily shot under 80 except for the 6 3 putts on very slow greens. I still dont understand how i won and bought the beer. My sons response? “I ordered it”.
Hell, im happy to buy the beer after a round of golf with my boy.

Sounds like the progressive weighting works well for you. The Distance Increases you've noted are, to put it mildly, IN-FREAKING-TRIGUING! I spent way too much money and time trying to find the perfect iron shafts, when all along the DG R300's were the best for my game. I haven't tried the AMT Tech yet, but I definitely will! I need some of that new found distance that you've written about!
Best Wishes! It was nice reading a down to earth, succinct, all of the meat, none of the fluff, review!

Interesting. I'm waiting on a couple of backordered shafts, once they are in my irons will have the AMT Red R300. I'm not the fastest swinger, so the lighter weight should help me maintain club head speed. And I don't launch the ball very high, so again hopefully the technology helps put the ball up in the air.
I've hit them twice at Titleist Thursdays and they've felt great both times, so I'm looking forward to the change. Even if I could get an extra 6 or 7 yards by switching I'd be happy.

Interesting. I'm waiting on a couple of backordered shafts, once they are in my irons will have the AMT Red R300. I'm not the fastest swinger, so the lighter weight should help me maintain club head speed. And I don't launch the ball very high, so again hopefully the technology helps put the ball up in the air.
I've hit them twice at Titleist Thursdays and they've felt great both times, so I'm looking forward to the change. Even if I could get an extra 6 or 7 yards by switching I'd be happy.

i just put the AMT Red S300s in and am enjoying them.

Back