Why so few center shafted putter models?

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
This isn't directed at one brand over another, I know almost all brands have some center shafted versions. But lately in the putter releases, say in the last year, it feels like fewer and fewer center shafted options? What do you all think? Why is it that way?

Good question. I love my center shafted putter and I have nightmares about losing it because I know I'd never replace it with anything anywhere near comparable.

Guessing same reason they only bring certain clubs out lefty, not enough sales to justify bringing it to retail.

How much is in demand or is fitted for?

Good question though

Center shafted putters usually do not sell well at retail, so companies are reluctant to produce center shaft models.
That said, Seemore has created a niche for itself as the preeminent center shaft style putter brand.
Also, the Acushnet Bullseye (near center shaft) had a 20 year run of immense popularity among all skill level players, from beginner to Tour pro.
Center shaft putters do perform well, no doubt about that.

Simple answer is it's gotta be about demand, right?

I certainly haven't seen any data that says center shafted putters don't perform as well. I've always preferred them for some reason. I guess I'm in the minority.

Like the others said, demand. I personally like center shaft putters but they arent all that popular anymore.

I agree with demand. Just don't think there is enough of it to make many stock putters with a center shaft.

This isn't directed at one brand over another, I know almost all brands have some center shafted versions. But lately in the putter releases, say in the last year, it feels like fewer and fewer center shafted options? What do you all think? Why is it that way?

We still have a number of them!! Always happy to help anyone out with a question. Happy New Year THP family!!

It’s a sales thing.

That’s why when I’m rolling CS, I go SeeMore and don’t look back.

Oh how I wish Odyssey would make a jailbird cs. Would be brilliant

Been using an original spider centre shaft for 10 years. Haven't found anything else that works so well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I love my new Cleveland Huntington soft 11c , it's a new one out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I won a Odyssey putter from Instagram so chose the o works black 2mcs, had been nice with the 0 offset for me, still adjust to the lower weight from the spider I was using but I like the feel

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I love my new Cleveland Huntington soft 11c , it's a new one out

Yeah, I just got the same last week... Feels great and rolls nice with good tech keeping the speed consistent across the face. Great value imo.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yeah, I just got the same last week... Feels great and rolls nice with good tech keeping the speed consistent across the face. Great value imo.

Yup and it made the cut so I will be sending it to my dlc guy to have it costed like this one I did last month
e9cc9b6cd9119fd2c26cc2ed3bddd6a2.jpg
c346c56cd214a38f5a7c22cf3a61f9ae.jpg

Yup and it made the cut so I will be sending it to my dlc guy to have it costed like this one I did last month
e9cc9b6cd9119fd2c26cc2ed3bddd6a2.jpg
c346c56cd214a38f5a7c22cf3a61f9ae.jpg

What does that cost? asking for a friend ;)

What does that cost? asking for a friend ;)

Message sent about cost and how u do it

Back