T.P. Mills - Players Championship Putter

Reaction score
Handicap
Guys, I need to admit, I've not contributed to the community in a while, but now I'm in need of some help.

I had a customer come in to the shop today with that same ole story; "A friend needed money and had this club. What is it worth?"

Well being a glorified putter hound, this is the one time I didn't have an answer, because I can't find any info. I also have not seen one up for sale on rthe market in the last 5 years I've been playing. I ultimately told the customer I might be willing to take a chance on it and give him a chance to recover what he has in it, but I've truly got no way of valuing it and can't even find another sample of it online.

Will post pictures after a while when I can resize.

The basic info is:
Dalehead Anser shape. Right handed. Plumbers neck.

Front of plumbers neck is stamped 0xx/100.
Sole reads: "The Players Championship 25 Years 1974-1998"
Face: has TP Mills Select on heel and TP's famous cross hairs in center of face. Face is finished in a fine flycut milling. Entire head has clean crisp milling marks.
Rear cavity: has TPC logo.
Grip: is Scotte Grip Company black wrap style pistol with T.P. Mills logo at base.
Comes with an AM&E black cover with "25 years The Players Championship" across the top.

f47cef89ce375c65eccd97489c81ebc1.jpg
2dd6a0929dcd008fa0be87623faaa13c.jpg
072b4903c5545624f28b0944761c79ed.jpg
0cd90f91ea742b5346e193c89e4e41e3.jpg

Last edited:
T.P. Mills putters don't carry the resale value they used to. I am a big fan of them. I have bought several in mint condition in the last few years for about $200 that would have easily fetched twice that much several years ago. If the putter is not a verified handmade, I would probably say $200 is a good value estimate if in mint condition.

Thanks for the appraisal of the market. That's kind of what I advices the customer. It could be a multiple hundred dollar putter, but with the way the market is, it could be difficult to find a buyer at that price in the current market.

Hope you are still going to post pictures. Would love to see it and may even be interested in it.

Hope you are still going to post pictures. Would love to see it and may even be interested in it.

Added them to the original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added them to the original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice! The PN is not my style but the head is gorgeous in typical Mills style.

Back