My problem with Callaway today

chriso97

Mad Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I just watched the Callaway launch video.

My problem ... I want everything ... Ball, putter, irons, driver. (And they didn't mention wedges) But I don't have that sort of cash :(

Anyone got some spare cash they want to lend (and by lend I mean give) me???

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Tapatalk

My problem ... I want everything ... Ball, putter, irons, driver. (And they didn't mention wedges) But I don't have that sort of cash :(

Your feelings are completely natural and its Ok.

Your current equipment is that bad?

Your feelings are completely natural and its Ok.
Lol thanks man ... Doesn't change anything though :)

Nope, that's actually part of the problem. I nearly convinced my wife to let me buy new stuff, but then I shot a good round and came home happy.

Haha. I’m about the same way. The irons are a guarantee. Wedges probably too. Hybrid and Driver will probably get tested as well.

Does it have to be bad to replace it with something new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the issue with good, targeted marketing. Heck, even I had the need to spend some cash today and then I thought better if it.

You know what they say about how to eat an elephant?

Hahaha! Throw some cash my way also!

G.A.S (gear acquisition syndrome) is completely normal...

No. But if something works and is in good condition, I see no reason to replace it. Just my opinion though, I know many of you have a different one. :)

Hell no it doesn’t.

It’s funny to me that some out there take such an issue with how others enjoy the game, be it buying new shiny clubs or playing outside the rules. I’m thankful I’m not so hung up in my life on what others do with theirs.

Hell no it doesn’t.

It’s funny to me that some out there take such an issue with how others enjoy the game, be it buying new shiny clubs or playing outside the rules. I’m thankful I’m not so hung up in my life on what others do with theirs.

Preach on my brother, I will continue to buy when I feel like it

Preach on my brother, I will continue to buy when I feel like it

I agree. If its fun and you have the cash, why not? I know a guy that changes all his clubs 4 or 5 times a season. He played for about 10 years on the mini tours and so he has some connections in the industry. He has a blast doing it.

uh ho …...it may be time for an addict intervention. :alien:

It’s called the gathering #3. Usually involves someone getting hurt by a golf ball or cart but ends with guys trying a lot of each other’s golf clubs while playing a lot of golf and maybe an appearance by prestige worldwide

It’s called the gathering #3. Usually involves someone getting hurt by a golf ball or cart but ends with guys trying a lot of each other’s golf clubs while playing a lot of golf and maybe an appearance by prestige worldwide

Boats and garden blades thingy

Sounds about right

Just start a GoFundMe for the funds. Someone will surely donate...I mean I've seen people start them for some really ridiculous causes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Thats a good problem. Id love to update my irons, but golf stuff is even more expensive over here in NZ. The driver will be over $800, the irons will be prob in the $1800 price range, so thats why i end up buying older Callaway gear haha.

This might be my favorite post ever!

Just buy it piece by piece, the wife will never even notice :friends:

Hell no it doesn’t.

I hope you are not implying I take issue with how others enjoy the game, because I couldn't care less, I couldn't care less, I couldn't care less. However, I am entitled to my opinion, whether it is popular or not.

You want to buy new equipment when your current equipment is just fine? Go for it. I just happen to think it's a bit silly, that's all.

Callaway does have an impressive lineup year after year - this year .... it appears AWESOME.

Back