Cobra KING F6 Irons Review & Interview

Four different designs in a single set sounds crazy but makes complete sense based on what many golfers want and need. Interesting graphite pairing with the red tie as I always incorrectly assumed that that was a wood only offering.

Really good review here James, love how Cobra is pushing the envelope in club design.

Great review James. Interesting read regarding grooves and how they helped get distance and keep spin low in the long irons. There is a ton or technology and design packed into these. I like where Cobra is offering here.

Four different designs in a single set sounds crazy but makes complete sense based on what many golfers want and need. Interesting graphite pairing with the red tie as I always incorrectly assumed that that was a wood only offering.

Really good review here James, love how Cobra is pushing the envelope in club design.

Thanks buddy. I really really wish you could have hit them before I put the heavy steel in them. I know your track record with irons you have enjoyed and these really would have surprised you.

Thanks buddy. I really really wish you could have hit them before I put the heavy steel in them. I know your track record with irons you have enjoyed and these really would have surprised you.

You and me both. Those 130g pieces of rebar aren't fun. :beat-up:

Man talk about action packed review.

Low and toe forgiveness like no other (and I think we all know james has hit his far share), sounds like we could have a winner hear for lots of golfers out there

Man I had to go back and read this review again. Talk about informative. Just flipped my entire ponder upside down.

Your reviews just keep getting better James. A lot of good info there, especially the breakdown of the different designs and how they reacted for you in testing.

If there was a thing to improve on these irons, IYO what would it be?

Your reviews just keep getting better James. A lot of good info there, especially the breakdown of the different designs and how they reacted for you in testing.

If there was a thing to improve on these irons, IYO what would it be?

Personally or performance?

Performance wise, nothing, I mean that honestly, they do their job and do it surprisingly well.

Personally, the badging. I like it actually, but I fear it will push some away from trying them.

Biggest thing that stands out to me though abotu them is when is the last time you saw Cobra push an iron in terms of commercials and print? Yep, never. There is something unique here, and I'm curious to see how they evolve it, and if other OEM's take notice that what was once considered an extremely progressive set (changing offset, face depth) really may not be anymore.

I appreciate those who have taken the time to go to the homepage and give this a read, it means a lot.

These irons will be in my rotation all year long, if that tells you anything at all.
That is quite the compliment! It says a lot that you not only enjoy them but that they also perform well enough for you to keep them in the rotation.

Well done on the review. I enjoyed the interview and the tech break down of all 4 types. Good stuff!

I hadn't expected to give new irons a lot but the cobra offerings this year are so good. Great review James. I look forward to testing these out soon.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Wow great write up! Just hit these last Saturday and Yea they are money. The info in here from TO is great!

Hit the 7 iron tonight. Holy long, high, and straight. Jeebus. Felt good, looked good, and ball went far. Unfortunately they only had the 7, but I would love to see what these do throughout the set.

So much interesting technology out there! Which one to pick, which one to pick ...

Jman, that was a phenomenal review. Thank you!

I've never been opposed to Cobra gear, but haven't been a fan of some of the wild colors they put out. I think these look incredibly better than irons they've put out over the past 3+ years. I hope they do well.

Curious how these compare to Ping G forgiveness wise.

Great review, James. Thank you.

This set is perhaps, what I have wanted, for years. Going back to the combo sets I have created with different lines over the past few years, be it the MT/TT combo set from Cleveland or the different sets I combined from TM to make something like this.

I LOVE that Cobra has this out there now, mainly because it just makes absolute sense.

This was my third time reading this review, which was absolutely amazing. Information packed. I like the different design, tech, grooves packed into each of the four!!! My ponder is about to have me clicking the check out button.

Outside of the badging anything you didn't like? Based on your review the differences were subtle between graphite and steel, which I feel gives golfers options.

Curious how these compare to Ping G forgiveness wise.

Sorry Brian, I've not hit the G irons as of yet.

Great review, James. Thank you.

This set is perhaps, what I have wanted, for years. Going back to the combo sets I have created with different lines over the past few years, be it the MT/TT combo set from Cleveland or the different sets I combined from TM to make something like this.

I LOVE that Cobra has this out there now, mainly because it just makes absolute sense.

You are one who liked the SpeedBlades as much as I did and because of that I know you would like these. I know thats brazen (and the second club(s) I have told you that as of late) but take what those were good at, then put it on steroids and throw a whole lot more progressive ideas into the mix. They key for Cobra will be getting people to hit them, as we have seen in the review thread when people do, they come away surprised in a big way.

Outside of the badging anything you didn't like? Based on your review the differences were subtle between graphite and steel, which I feel gives golfers options.

I don't dislike the badging, its like I said in my reply to Wardy I like it fine, I just think some may shy away because of that and that would be a shame.

Sorry Brian, I've not hit the G irons as of yet.

You are one who liked the SpeedBlades as much as I did and because of that I know you would like these. I know thats brazen (and the second club(s) I have told you that as of late) but take what those were good at, then put it on steroids and throw a whole lot more progressive ideas into the mix. They key for Cobra will be getting people to hit them, as we have seen in the review thread when people do, they come away surprised in a big way.

I don't dislike the badging, its like I said in my reply to Wardy I like it fine, I just think some may shy away because of that and that would be a shame.
Veeeeerry interesting, James.

The concept of this thread just makes so much sense, but I wonder how many people will not even give them a look because they dont look like a "normal" set?

Misquote on my part. I agree as well it would be a shame.

Veeeeerry interesting, James.

The concept of this thread just makes so much sense, but I wonder how many people will not even give them a look because they dont look like a "normal" set?

That's the million dollar question. I remember the reaction to the slots in irons and what that meant the first iteration compared to the release of the second when people got used to them. I'll say this though, the Bladez had some issues, particularly in the sound/feel department, but these nail it. The set seriously FLOWS. I've not had many reviews really take me aback and be TOTALLY the opposite of what I predicted when I found out I was reviewing them, these did it.

That's the million dollar question. I remember the reaction to the slots in irons and what that meant the first iteration compared to the release of the second when people got used to them. I'll say this though, the Bladez had some issues, particularly in the sound/feel department, but these nail it. The set seriously FLOWS. I've not had many reviews really take me aback and be TOTALLY the opposite of what I predicted when I found out I was reviewing them, these did it.
Love how it flows, just gives the golfer what they NEED in each iron.

Back