Favorite brand of apparel

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What is your favorite brand of apparel for golfing. I have really found so many since joining this site and was wondering what is your favorite out there.

Polo Golf / Brooks Brothers / Bobby Jones = I'm feeling classy

Adidas for when I feeling fresh and young

*blushes*

I wear whatever my suppliers, or my wife, or momma get for me. I don't shop for clothes.

I've got some Ashford, Cutter & Buck, Callaway, Bubba Golf, Walter Hagen, Dockers and Austin. I don't really have a favorite, I just wear whichever shirt is at the end of the row. Several of my shirts are from switchgear vendors or supply houses, and have a small logo on the sleeve or chest. They cough up nice shirts when you buy several million dollars worth of their stuff in a year's time. :D

That being said (*thanks to this site), I do now own more than 2 belts, more than one hat, and a pair of proper trousers (hopefully I'll get some more for Christmas)

• Admin
Glad to hear we could help Gummi.

Currently: Nike, Sub Seventy - Basically all I have for known brands. I soon am going to expand!! (Thanks to THP's reviews)

I guess it would be Ashworth and than Antigua, but our staff shirts are from Winner Mate and they are very nice shirts........

I think most of my shirts are Nike and Under Armour, they seem to work so why not. As far as shorts, I just stick with the usual Hurley, Oneill, Rusty generic shorts.

I tend to buy the nicest gear that I can find on sale... my local TJ Maxx, in a bad area, carries some amazing golf gear that never moves due to the typical customer... not exactly the golfing types

I"ve tended to buy most of my golf clothes from Talbots. They support(ed) women's golf. But they may not be around much longer :crying:, so I'll be looking at all the stuff GolferGal has reviewed.

Claire,
I have done some work with them recently and from what I have been told, they will either be acquired or will restructure debt to stay around.

Claire,
I have done some work with them recently and from what I have been told, they will either be acquired or will restructure debt to stay around.

Good to hear. I'm such a creature of habit--I wouldn't know where to buy my clothes if they disappeared.

I got a couple of Original Penguin shirts last year that I really liked. I also have some Nike, Bubba Golf as well.

Wore one of my PAHR golf shirts today. White with blue stripe on the back...It was one of them that I bought from fairwaystyles.com on sale and it is definitely up there with my favorite brands. This shirt and the seersucker shorts I bought from them are just so perfect.

Probably my favorite is now Quagmire & Puma. I bought this shirt the other day from fairwaystyles.com

PUMA-shirt-straw-L.jpg

Two brands straight from our reviews...Glad to hear it. We liked Quagmire a lot and PUMA is always one of our favorites. Dent if you like Quagmire, you will love Sligo and PAHR.

Two brands straight from our reviews...Glad to hear it. We liked Quagmire a lot and PUMA is always one of our favorites. Dent if you like Quagmire, you will love Sligo and PAHR.

Those are my next purchases :act-up:

If you buy one thing, make it the Sligo plaid shorts. Called Vegas Plaid Shorts. They are not typical plaid, they are not bold or in your face. They are great and really comfortable.

I wore a golftini skort today to my golf clinic and matching sweaty band and everyone asked where I got both. When it comes to skorts, it's going to be tough to beat golftini.

Is fairwaystyles going to start carrying women's stuff?

Actually yes. Coming very soon.

Dent,
Due to the groing number of problems they were having, Paypal will most likely not be offered. He wishes he could, but had so many problems that they had to shut it off.

Paypal is a pain in the you know what lots for websites, and besides Dent the money transfer wait is just brutal with pay pal i can't stand it.

Currently i don't really have a favourite brand but im a fan of the plain colored under armour shirts, they are just to comfy!

I did however just purchased a Quagmire Belt, Puma Shorts, and Sligo Shirt.

Like I said earlier, we have covered some great brands that I simply did not know about prior to this site. Quagmire, Sligo, PAHR, Travis Mathew, Basic Golf, SubSeventy, etc...have all been great. The high level quality of some of the items is simply outstanding.

Back