Srixon Z 355 Irons Review

Interesting on the longer part and I am wondering if part of that is clean contact due to sole design?

I bet the sole design as something to do with it. Last time I hit them side by side on the monitor these were 2 yards longer on 7 iron avg 162 to 160. Yesterday the results were similar, 159 to 156. Not talking about a huge number here, but the times I've got head to head, the 355 has won out on avg distance. Again though, not saying they are crazy longer because that's not true.

Good stuff.

Hitting higher is always something I'm concerned with, as a slower swinger sometimes I don't get the height out of my scoring irons that lets me hold greens. Would you say the height & flight on these is comparable to some of the SGI lines out there but with a GI look?

Hitting higher is always something I'm concerned with, as a slower swinger sometimes I don't get the height out of my scoring irons that lets me hold greens. Would you say the height & flight on these is comparable to some of the SGI lines out there but with a GI look?

tracking the height yesterday these were closer to the XXIO 9 irons, which are visibly thicker and wider soled, than it was the Apex CF.

tracking the height yesterday these were closer to the XXIO 9 irons, which are visibly thicker and wider soled, than it was the Apex CF.

Thanks Dean, the XXIO were actually what I was thinking about when I typed that up, knowing you were reviewing both.

Thanks Dean, the XXIO were actually what I was thinking about when I typed that up, knowing you were reviewing both.

JPX EZ too. Pretty similar height after plugging in all the data. But yes with much more compact looks than those.

I have these irons for 1 month . I'm not very happy with them , has a great touch but would like something more forgiving . I will change thinking by ap1 for search a little more forgivenes. Its a similar type of iron?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

Awesome to hear. Big fan of these irons.

brought these out to the range yesterday to compare with some others. These easily can be considered a top iron set for 2016. Just love the ball flight, the height, the distance, and forgiveness I get out of them. Side by side testing yesterday, hit them higher and longer than my Apex CF16.

Long iron or hybrid replacement possibility for those who bag the 545's? Or much too different?

Could do that if one wanted to. It's a different look with the more offset.

I need to see one in hand. I love my hybrids and have far too many in the basement. But I love options...... Totally pondering the u45 or this one in a 4 iron just for laughs...

brought these out to the range yesterday to compare with some others. These easily can be considered a top iron set for 2016. Just love the ball flight, the height, the distance, and forgiveness I get out of them. Side by side testing yesterday, hit them higher and longer than my Apex CF16.

I really need to give these a try. I likes Mikedean441's Z545s when I hit them, and the few swings i had with Misike's Apex CF16 were great too. I just have a feeling these might be a better value. Won't know until I compare them head-to-head, but they are right at the top of the list.

Thanks Dean for the reviews & feedback!

I'm in the market for a more forgiving iron. The ones originally on my short list were the new Ping G series and the newer Mizuno JPX EZ Forged. I've steered away from previous Ping G5-G30 and the cast Mizuno JPX EZ because I can't stand chunky irons. These Z355 looks exactly like the kind of irons I'm used to. Unfortunately I couldn't try out these Srixons where I live. If they're as forgiving as the G25s or G30s, I'd be happy to buy them even without testing. Anyone has tried the Pings and the Z355 to make a comparative advice?

I'm in the market for a more forgiving iron. The ones originally on my short list were the new Ping G series and the newer Mizuno JPX EZ Forged. I've steered away from previous Ping G5-G30 and the cast Mizuno JPX EZ because I can't stand chunky irons. These Z355 looks exactly like the kind of irons I'm used to. Unfortunately I couldn't try out these Srixons where I live. If they're as forgiving as the G25s or G30s, I'd be happy to buy them even without testing. Anyone has tried the Pings and the Z355 to make a comparative advice?

I have tried both and they are both good irons. The Srixons are going to be smaller and have a very different sole design. I prefer the versatility of this line vs the Pings, but both are quite good.

Launch and forgiveness is similar. If you prefer a smaller profile, you'll prefer these over the PINGs.

Of the 3 irons you list as potentials, I've played a little under a round with the EX Forged, which I liked better than the EZ. Have not played the G series yet, but have had them in hand. The 355 is one of my favorite iron sets of the year. Little smaller profile, still some offset, and the sole of the club is fantastic. I personally would take them over the EZ Forged based on what I saw.

Of the 3 irons you list as potentials, I've played a little under a round with the EX Forged, which I liked better than the EZ. Have not played the G series yet, but have had them in hand. The 355 is one of my favorite iron sets of the year. Little smaller profile, still some offset, and the sole of the club is fantastic. I personally would take them over the EZ Forged based on what I saw.

Dean is wise. I went with the G series because they were what fit best to me in my fitting (I've got a bit of history playing PING irons), but the 355 might be one of my favorite sets I've taken some swings with. In some ways, I think I preferred these to the 545 - I think the changes made to the V sole seemed to help avoid my main miss with the 545s, which was a thin miss. I think the shorter leading part of the V helped me there, as I tend not to take very much of a divot.

Everything I read so far has made me lean more towards Z355. I'm actually quite surprised how Srixon managed to design a mid sized iron head with the forgiveness of a chunkier iron like the Ping Gs. I'm especially intrigued with the sole design as my angle of attack is quite steep and my misses are usually fat shots. The other thing that got me curious is how Srixon managed to make the iron head heavier as they didn't mentioned any use of tungsten. At the moment this iron sounds like a perfect fit for me.

Everything I read so far has made me lean more towards Z355. I'm actually quite surprised how Srixon managed to design a mid sized iron head with the forgiveness of a chunkier iron like the Ping Gs. I'm especially intrigued with the sole design as my angle of attack is quite steep and my misses are usually fat shots. The other thing that got me curious is how Srixon managed to make the iron head heavier as they didn't mentioned any use of tungsten. At the moment this iron sounds like a perfect fit for me.

Pull the trigger!! Srixon makes awesome stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took advantage of a 20% off sale and snagged these. Looking forward to hitting them.

Looking forward to your feedback cswiggy.

Looking forward to your feedback cswiggy.

Well, unfortunately I cancelled my order. Srixon is very backordered and can't source the 7, 8 or pw heads apparently until mid May. Don't really want to wait that long.
Global Golf was great in refunding me.
I could have gotten the 545's for more money and they would have honored the 20% sale, but decided to just get refunded.

Onward....

Well, unfortunately I cancelled my order. Srixon is very backordered and can't source the 7, 8 or pw heads apparently until mid May. Don't really want to wait that long.
I could have gotten the 545's for more money and they would have honored the 20% sale, but decided to just get refunded.

Onward....
Bummer. I like Cleveland / Srixon but they've got to get a handle on this stuff. A 6 week wait is unreasonable and does nothing but drive consumers away.

Onward....

That's so bad it's almost comical. Not being able to meet the current demand has to be the worst thing a struggling company can subject itself to.

Onward....

Sorry to hear this. I guess it's somewhat of a good thing company wise if they are out selling their inventory though.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back