THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

In alternate shot I know you have to use the same ball you tee off with but can you tee off with a different ball each hole or is there a 1 ball rule?

In alternate shot I know you have to use the same ball you tee off with but can you tee off with a different ball each hole or is there a 1 ball rule?

You tee off with the ball you are gaming and play it as is from there I believe

I am loving the formats, I have never played in an alternate shot scenario but I think it sounds AWESOME! I can not look forward to this event any more!

I figured that one, now can you change balls once the hole is over for the next hole?

awesome, just wasn't sure, pretty excited there is alternate shot

that could really make a difference if you have a high swing speed player and slower swinging player paired together. they wont get optimal performance out of the same ball.

that could really make a difference if you have a high swing speed player and slower swinging player paired together. they wont get optimal performance out of the same ball.
The times ive played it the compromise is isually the 330 rx or similar

Chrome soft or B330-Rx solves that problem pretty well.

Chrome soft or B330-Rx solves that problem pretty well.

i wouldn't have known ive been a titleist ProV1x bubble for a while now. i need to try some new balls this year

Can we tailgate before the event? This is going to be one long and very fun day/event!

Can we tailgate before the event? This is going to be one long and very fun day/event!

I like the way you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience playing Alt shot. The ball is the least of the worries. Player interaction amongst teammates, who hits first off of which tee, deciding which sets of skills pair best together, do you read each others putts..etc, are all bigger than which ball is played.

Wow just had some time to get caught up today! Wow one more week till sign ups! Can't wait for this to get here.

In my experience playing Alt shot. The ball is the least of the worries. Player interaction amongst teammates, who hits first off of which tee, deciding which sets of skills pair best together, do you read each others putts..etc, are all bigger than which ball is played.

I agree. For the most part playing a different ball isn't going to make that big of a difference. There may be minor differences. Then again who knows I may be wrong. Just my opinion.

I like the way you think.

- Don't forget about the Friday night fun & Saturday Night, & Sunday morning.... I am getting there Thursday night to give myself time to regroup from JetLag.

Yep!!!!!!

I agree. For the most part playing a different ball isn't going to make that big of a difference. There may be minor differences. Then again who knows I may be wrong. Just my opinion.

I agree with both. The ball will play a minor difference unless you go with a Rock Flight or something like that. Like Milk Man said player synergy is key in alt shot. Also, not overthinking the shot. Play what is in front of you with the help of your partner and the rest will fall in line.

Updated rankings tomorrow

I think optimal strategy is showing up at 2 am and napping in the parking lot to take out any chance of your car not starting. Have to plan for any problems.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I think optimal strategy is showing up at 2 am and napping in the parking lot to take out any chance of your car not starting. Have to plan for any problems.

Maybe just get your car fixed and sleep in a little longer?

Maybe just get your car fixed and sleep in a little longer?
My car is fine just had to get it registered. Would suck for your car to decide to stop working that day. Then again Uber is great as a last option.

- Don't forget about the Friday night fun & Saturday Night, & Sunday morning.... I am getting there Thursday night to give myself time to regroup from JetLag.

Yep!!!!!!

There are always lots of extra rounds with these events so there will be plenty of golf and fun to be had that weekend. Like I said before I plan on heading there whether I'm on the team or not. Probably also getting there Friday morning

Missed a lot at work this morning! Definitely excited for the formats. Alt shot is tough but a great format to finish on.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Back