Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

not sure if you can hear it all the way in northern california, but i'm playing the world's smallest violin for you right now! #firstworldproblems

LOL! Touche!

Outdoor demo-ing is pretty much impossible around here , but a huge reason I always bagged Titleist for so long is because they hold multiple outdoor demo days with Trackman at my home course.

Always bring in your gamer to establish a baseline and/or compare. It will also tell you if the sim is jacked or funny.

So much this. I'm completely fine with using sims to get numbers and I do so frequently, but you need a control point.

I wonder if players who dont like the f6 plus noise are hitting indoors? Because outside its not that bad. More hollow than king. but indoors I could see the f6 plus be REALLY loud. And I dont get how players can judge a club indoors on a monitor. I gotta see the ball flight and/or play it off real grass off a real tee. And there seems to be a over abundance of worrying whether one club spins 300 less or so and "gets" 4 more yards than the other. If this is all happening on a monitor without any outside testing it seems really goofy to me.

When I hit the F6+ inside, it was very loud & a bit shocking. But after 5-6 strikes I got used to it.
I assumed it would be better outdoors since the echo wouldn't be there.

But the King LTD sounds nearly perfect for me.

Ordered last Thursday, shipped direct from Cobra, got it yesterday.

LTD Pro. Great no charge shaft list. They had my favorite shaft on there, Chrome 6F5T, so that was a big bonus.

My LTD Pro with HZRDUS Black 6.0 arrived off the UPS truck just in time for me to take it to the range for 75 minutes before it got dark. I just got back and this driver is very, very solid, I'm super happy with the way it performed. It's very early but I do think this is gives the high launch low spin that Cobra claims. It certainly is as long and more forgiving than my DBD and Ping Anser which are both better than the other 15 drivers in my collection. Conditions were 50* with a pretty stiff wind so it took me a while to get warmed up.

I settled on 8.5* loft because the wind was in my face and that gave it a medium high flat trajectory. Hitting directly into the stiff breeze, my DBD set at 8.0* with an Aldila Tour Green x flex was ballooning a bit and so was the Ping set at 8.5*. I alternated every 3rd or 4th shot so I got a good feel for how it compared to the DBD and Anser. The Cobra had a very slight fade tendency on this day, maybe 5 yards compared to the other two but it beat both of them in carry distance by about 5 yards. I did catch a few drives perfectly with the LTD and those were longer by 8-10 yards than any of the shots hit with the other 2. Our range is downhill with about a 45 foot drop to the back with a large oak in the middle of the range at 232 yards so it's easy see where every shot lands.

I was able to take it out on the course for 2 holes to see what real world performance was like and on the first hole I hit one low on the face but the shot still traveled a very respectable 260 in very wet conditions, roll was 4 yards but nothing is rolling around here until things dry out. On the 2nd hole I hit 2 drives and both were past the 255 bunker by about 10 and 17 yards. The longer one was the longest cold weather tee shot I've hit on that hole. Very impressive for it's first outing. I don't think this driver will be more than 5 yards longer than my DBD off the sweet spot but the forgiveness difference was real, I felt like misses were only losing 5-10 yards. My only uncertainty is wether I might want to go to the HZRDUS in the 6.5 flex or possibly some other shaft. My club has the 6.5 flex demo coming in very soon along with some others that might fit me so soon I will be able to experiment. All in all, I couldn't be happier with my first outing with the King LTD, it performs as good as it looks!

Last edited:
great write up thb. I am pondering this thing so hard! I'm not beast mode like you, but I think there's a setup out there that will be good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another round in the books with LTD, another really positive experience.

Missed on the head twice, once translating into a bit of a sweeping draw that had plenty of distance, and one that felt like I was going to cut it (open face). Result was a dead straight ball that carried a relatively long way.

Zero complaints. Loads of fun. Love this combo.

Watching Rickie hammer this today got me itchin to get this one back out. Too bad ma nature doesn't feel the same

Good stuff Dan. This is the first driver I have had that I truly can't wait to hit time after time.

Good stuff Dan. This is the first driver I have had that I truly can't wait to hit time after time.

Yeah, I've been pretty eager to hit it as I go around my course... Which is really fun... It's more about where it can go and how far it can go right now hahaha!

The HZRDUS is giving me a low enough flight right now that I am really pondering a move to 10* of loft... Which is pretty unheard of for me.

So torn between the LTD or LTD Pro with HZRDUS 75 6.5, or the Ping G LS with the Tour 80X....

Yup, I've convinced myself, I will be getting this in the Pro version. Still undecided on shaft to this point, but excited to see how it turns out

Yup, I've convinced myself, I will be getting this in the Pro version. Still undecided on shaft to this point, but excited to see how it turns out

You will mash this and I will be impressed.

The HZRDUS Black 6.0 shaft and I are not getting along perfectly. Yesterday was calm and 68* so I was able to get a better idea of what the LTD was doing on my second outing with it. I adjusted the loft at 9.5* and was comparing it to my 815 DBD with Aldila Tour Green x flex. The Callaway was marginally straighter and had a longer carry than the Cobra. I'm sure the LTD has a more forgiving clubhead that the 815 which means I need to find a different shaft for my LTD. The Tour Green and I have always been a perfect match so I'm certainly going to get one for my LTD and see how it goes. It's never simple getting the right shaft!

out curiosity, has it been established that the stock rogue is a real deal rogue black and not "made for"?

out curiosity, has it been established that the stock rogue is a real deal rogue black and not "made for"?

I thought it was made for, but may be wrong

It's 95 msi and I don't think it's been altered except for an orange paint job. If that makes it "made for", that's your opinion. I can buy the same thing aftermarket in 95 msi. But I could be way wrong.

It's 95 msi and I don't think it's been altered except for an orange paint job. If that makes it "made for", that's your opinion. I can buy the same thing aftermarket in 95 msi. But I could be way wrong.

couldn't care less about the paint job, it's what's underneath that i care about. i was assumming it was a real deal rogue comsidering the 95 msi rating.

I went in for a driver fitting yday this was a big shock!

I went in with an open mind and to be honest I was reasonably happy with my SLDR 12 set in the lower position with Speeder 757 in X!
I was curious to see if anything could beat it!

Baseline with my club

Club speed 105-107
Launch 16*
Spin 2500
Average carry 260ish
Total 280ish
From memory

I started off with the new cobra f6+ for some reason I couldn't find the middle hitting big snappers no matter the setting!

Next was the m1 hit this fairly solid but similar number to my sldr

Next Callaway XR 16 pro best numbers with the project X handcrafted still number similar to my sldr

Srixon 745 similar numbers!

Then I hit the LTD Pro first off with the stock shaft in X

I needed the loft at 10 as I was struggling with launch spin was around the 2300 mark

We then changed the shaft to the ust attas 6star
Boom we were on a winner

I could not spin this thing over 2100 average was 1800

Launching slightly on the low side around 13 degrees

Carry 270ish rolling out to 300+

I have fell in love with this club!

For me Iv always been a high spin player and I thought the sldr was about as low as I could get!

The combo we found just worked!

Swing speed stayed pretty much the same throughout all the clubs the LTD is just a spin killer!

Now to save the money as this is not a cheap build!

Really really impressed

Well done cobra!!

nice write-up clarkey. i think the pro would be way too low spin and launch for me, but that attas is intriguing!

The LTD/HZRDUS and I were getting along much better today. It just confirms what I already knew - never judge a club by 1 or 2 range sessions or rounds. Today I was able to get in a longer range session, a full pyramid which is 285 balls of which about 125 were drivers. And yes, I think I'm going to be a little sore tomorrow!

There was virtually no wind and the LTD performed great. Average distance was equal to my 815 DBD and the longest drives were with the LTD, exactly the opposite of my shorter range session two days ago. I was able to control the trajectory better on the Cobra than the 815. The HZRDUS shaft was holding up to my hardest swings without ballooning and with only a slight draw tendency. This driver is definitely a keeper but I'm still going to experiment with a couple other shafts.

The HZRDUS Black 6.0 shaft and I are not getting along perfectly. Yesterday was calm and 68* so I was able to get a better idea of what the LTD was doing on my second outing with it. I adjusted the loft at 9.5* and was comparing it to my 815 DBD with Aldila Tour Green x flex. The Callaway was marginally straighter and had a longer carry than the Cobra. I'm sure the LTD has a more forgiving clubhead that the 815 which means I need to find a different shaft for my LTD. The Tour Green and I have always been a perfect match so I'm certainly going to get one for my LTD and see how it goes. It's never simple getting the right shaft!

Anyone hit both the regular and pro heads and can compare the two at similar lofts? Say both at 9*, are there any differences noted?

Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

Anyone hit both the regular and pro heads and can compare the two at similar lofts? Say both at 9*, are there any differences noted?

The heads are are the exact same. He only difference is the adapter and the loft settings.

The Pro Head is lower loft and I think it has a slightly lower CG, but it's only 1mm. I have mine set at 8.5* and it launches a little lower than my 815 DBD set at 8*. I have a couple different x flex shafts on the way to test out in the LTD head. My driver tinkering never ends!

The heads are are the exact same. He only difference is the adapter and the loft settings.
Is that 100% accurate? Just making sure. Thanks.

Back