AZ retirement golf communities

Alpha

Reaction score
Handicap
My wife and I have visited Tucson and Phoenix several times to play golf (13/10 hcps). The Omni in Tucson seems nice for golf but not a lot else. Sun City West has ok golf with lot of other activities, ping pong, pool, bowling and all the other standard clubhouses gyms and clubs. Tucson seems more economical while Phoenix area with multiple courses and housing appears dated. Only want 2bdrm 15/1700 sqft and want some other activities close. We know there’s a big difference between vacation golf and retirement golf. Now in central Ks at 2 course club. Any locals with ideas? Thanks

The retirement communities in Saddlebrooke Ranch (Dell Webb, I think) have some really nice courses and homes. Beautiful clubhouses with pickle ball, swimming, etc. This is in Catalina, a little North of Tucson. A little isolated, but growing.

Also, there is Quail Creek in Green Valley (about 40minutes South of Tucson). 27 holes with all the amenities. I have several friends who have retired and bought homes there. They love it. Much more nearby infrastructure in place and near the I-19 freeway which provides quick access to Tucson.

A last one I can think of quickly is del Lago. One of the THP members lives there so maybe he can provide more detail. Nice area, Dell Web.

Sun City Grand in Surprise AZ (NW Phoenix). There are 4 Billy Casper designed 18 hole courses and you also maintain access to Sun City West facilities as well I think. Newer homes then Sun City West.

My wife and I have visited Tucson and Phoenix several times to play golf (13/10 hcps). The Omni in Tucson seems nice for golf but not a lot else. Sun City West has ok golf with lot of other activities, ping pong, pool, bowling and all the other standard clubhouses gyms and clubs. Tucson seems more economical while Phoenix area with multiple courses and housing appears dated. Only want 2bdrm 15/1700 sqft and want some other activities close. We know there’s a big difference between vacation golf and retirement golf. Now in central Ks at 2 course club. Any locals with ideas? Thanks

Wow - how timely! My wife and I are looking at these communities too. I lived in Phoenix for 16 years, and it just makes a lot of sense to retire there. If you look outside of Phoenix - Goodyear, Litchfield and Buckeye out west, San Tan Valley, Oro Valley, Queen Creek southeast, and as far out as Payson, Pinetop and Showlow to the northeast and with 4 seasons - you'll see a lot of affordable places with great golf, tennis and more.

Our first priority is to buy a property here in Mexico and have it paid for within a couple of years. Then we will be looking to make a purchase in one of these retirement communities. I spent all night looking at this site: https://www.phoenixmlssearch.com - just pick a city, select "golf homes", and you'll see lots of communities that don't show with a Google search.

A few communities I like so far are Trilogy at Vistancia, Verrado in Buckeye and Robson Ranch in Goodyear. I'm looking forward to seeing the comments come in on this post. Please keep in touch as my wife and I will be in Phoenix from April 15 - August 15 and I hope to play a LOT of golf!

Rio Verde CC in Rio Verde.......www.rioverdearizona.com

I have lived here since April and just love it.....

Rio Verde CC in Rio Verde.......www.rioverdearizona.com

I have lived here since April and just love it.....

That was one of the communities I looked at today. I played Tonto Verde around 2000 or so, and I've been out Dynamite pretty far east to hike once too. Sure is pretty out there!

That was one of the communities I looked at today. I played Tonto Verde around 2000 or so, and I've been out Dynamite pretty far east to hike once too. Sure is pretty out there!
Today was not a very nice day our here with the rain and clouds. I would suggest to meet with the membership director as there are a lot of improvements going on to both the clubhouse and golf courses at Rio Verde CC.

We have friends in Queen Creek and have been visiting them on and off for three years. I love that area! Definitely our 'end game'; east/south east Phoenix.

Today was not a very nice day our here with the rain and clouds. I would suggest to meet with the membership director as there are a lot of improvements going on to both the clubhouse and golf courses at Rio Verde CC.

We'll be in Scottsdale from 4/15 - 8/15. My wife and I plan to visit several of these communities; I'll definitely take her out to Rio Verde for a peek!

We have friends in Queen Creek and have been visiting them on and off for three years. I love that area! Definitely our 'end game'; east/south east Phoenix.

I've only played Ocotillo in that area. What course(s) do you play when you are in Queen Creek?

Back