did you ever walk away mid round because.....

I called it quits on one round and I walked off after 9 holes. I was playing as a single, I was tired when the round started and frankly probably shouldn't have been there. I was trying to force in a round and it was obvious from the start that I shouldn't have been out there. So after 9, I decided the call it a day and forgot all about it.

If I am with friends, I would never walk off.

Never. I always keep grinding no matter how off my game is.

Never because of bad play. Usually when I get in that frame of mind I'll hit a really good shot and want to keep playing. I think the only time I left early was because I tried to fit 9 in got stuck behind a slow group that wouldn't let my through and I had to go to a softball game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I felt like it today ... but you never know when your fortunes might turn around, and you can always trade a lesson from a round. So I always tough it out, even if I don't want to.

Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

I have only quit on rounds when the weather deemed it necessary, never because of performance.

Oh yes I have quit after nine holes, I don't consider it a big deal. I belong to a club and can play when ever I'd like so unless I'm playing with friends, I usually consider my rounds practice, to work on my game. There was an occasion I just couldn't concentrate and lost my swing, so after nine I thanked the people I was playing with and went to the range. Best thing I could have done, I fixed the issue after a few minutes and played the next day without issue.

I quit after 9 once because I was paired with two people who never played golf before. It was so stressful trying to get the two moving and practicing poor etiquette that I couldnt handle it any longer. No matter what I said their attitude was we paid our money so we can play at our pace. I quit with two groups backed up behind us. Too bad really because I was playing really well.

Never. I've had to quit for other reasons before, but never because I was playing poorly. I've always gritted through it, lol

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

I walked off after 9 when I had the flu. I just couldn't keep going.

I should have today. Just terrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I quit after 9 yesterday because when I walked across the parking lot my right foot started throbbing. I hit my tee shot on 10, put my driver back in the bag and walked to the car. It wasn't the fit of the shoes. It was my feet. i think my days of walking the course are over.

I've packed it in after 9 before when playing solo and it's so bad I'm not enjoying it. I've never quit early when playing with others. Sometimes I'm playing so badly, I just get more enjoyment out of going home and cleaning the garage

Once, though it wasn't a complete walk off. I was 14 or 15 and playing with a favorite uncle at his club. I really wanted to play well (well for me, anyway) and I wasn't. Fats, thins, shanks, you name it. We were 6 or 7 holes in, and it wasn't too bad initially. I skipped ahead a hole or two and just sat it our trying to regain my composure. I was really upset with myself. My uncle wasn't thrilled, but he didn't give me a lot of grief about it, seeing I was probably giving myself enough for both of us.

I never quit during a round again. And I'm sure I've played worse than I did that day.

Nope, never because of bad or slow play, only walked off the course when nasty looking weather with the threat of lightning was in the area.

Never.

I've had days where I just could not get my drives within 100 yards of the fairway. I was getting both low on balls as somewhat frustrated, so after about 10 holes I just dropped a ball close to where my second shot should be, and played from there.

I have only ever left the course due to weather conditions and the club actually calling people off

There have been times when I was playing so badly though that I have stopped keeping score and tried to get back to basics to get my swing going again without worrying about the score

I've walked off after 4 holes due to slow play, but never due to my bad play. But I have quit keeping score.

Sometimes if I'm having a bad round I'll quit after 9 to go practice. Never when I'm playing with someone else tho.

I have never quit when playing with others...There have been a few instances when I was playing by myself and called it quits after 9 holes...I remember once I had hacked it so bad I was literally talking to myself..A thunderstorm rolled up and I said please let the downpour begin..It was a merciful end to a bad day...Then I was back at it the next day...Golf ya can't quit..Ya just call time out for a day or two..

Once.

We walked from the ninth green to the tenth tee, having played the front in 2:10, having to wait on groups ahead of us, and hit our tee shots when a foursome came up and asked to play through because they were part of an outing. We said OK and started walking toward our tee shots after they hit, when a SECOND foursome came up and demanded to play through to catch up with the outing. We said you should have taken a quicker turn and walked to our balls. The closest was about 75 yards off the tee when one of the foursome behind us hit five drives in a row. One of us ran to find a ranger, who proceeded to tell us to calm down. We told him what the guy had done - he didn't deny it - and the ranger said to let them play through or we would be asked to leave. Nothing about the moron on the tenth tee. We went to the pro shop and demanded our money back. The attendant refused. He did take my number and I received a call on Monday from the manager, the owner's daughter. She said she could not refund our fees but would comp us four greens fees. I told her that if she was keeping her ranger staff, we would not jeopardize our safety. A few days later, the certificates arrived. We have never used them and have never returned to that course. And every time someone brings up that course, I tell them that story.

Back