Has anyone ever gone through a proper ball fitting?

mesaman777

Reaction score
Handicap
~
Is it just spin numbers on a launch monitor? Thanks.

The Bridgestone ball fitting they looked at launch, spin, launch angle, ball speed and swing speed. The fitter focused on spin and launch angle when choosing the Bridgestone ball to test.

The Bridgestone ball fitting they looked at launch, spin, launch angle, ball speed and swing speed. The fitter focused on spin and launch angle when choosing the Bridgestone ball to test.

This^. I went through a Bridegestone fitting a couple of years ago and they looked at a lot of numbers, plus it was done outdoors which was nice to track ball flight. Like clubs, I would never changed balls based only on monitor info.

I went through a Bridgestone ball fitting at a TRP event a couple years back. Was pretty sweet.

Yep, I've been through multiple Bridgestone fittings.

Plan on going thru my first official at the golf show next month.

It seems that Bridgestone is the only one doing this. I'll game a 330rx once in a while, I like the ball a lot, but I usually play a PV1. This past weekend I played an E5 on the moist greens and that ball stayed next to my pitch mark the entire day. I was very impressed. If I played the PV1 on those greens the ball would have spun way too much. I've never felt comfortable with a PV1x, but can only assume I would have gotten similar action from it as I did the E5. Man there are so many ball choices out there. Course conditions adds another variable to an already confusing undertaking. One ball for a dry course, one for damp. Long gone are the days of Balata and 2 piece rocks. Thanks for the replies fella's. Hit em straight.

I have not but I do know I could be happy playing a couple dozen different brands/models of golf balls.

I have not but I do know I could be happy playing a couple dozen different brands/models of golf balls.
Meaning you feel that performance balls are very similar regardless of the OEM, or your content playing what's on sale? I'm not saying this to be cheeky, just wondering if the tech in modern balls is so similar that I can get the same performance regardless of what brand I play. Does it really just come down to what I have more confidence in and perhaps brand loyalty? Know what I mean? Thanks.

Bridgestone ball fitting is the best in the business.

Like so many have commented...Bridgestone Ball Fittings are the best.

Back