Luckiest shot you have hit?

I have had a few lucky bounces, but the bounce yesterday takes the cake. Par 4 with an elevated green. After a good drive, I hit a PW into the green that between wind and my normal draw - had a pretty draw on it. Turning over it was clearly heading right of the green when it hit a branch, bounced back onto the green and came down about 3 feet from the hole. One of the strangest birdies I have ever had.

The luckiest shot I ever saw was back when I was in elementary school. We used to play a tournament on a Par 3 course every Saturday. On the second hole I hit a nice tee shot right at the pin within 6 feet or so. My playing partners tees it up and hits a wicked line-drive slice which hit the bank about 30 yards right of the pin, ricochets back towards the pin, hits the stick and drops in the hole. I don't run into him much anymore but whenever I do he reminds me of his "great" hole-in-one.

I was making a mess of a par 4 hole and ended up with about 65 yards left for my third shot. I skulled my wedge and it was rocketing about three off the ground going about 800mph. It hit the flagstick flush and dropped straight down for an unlikely and undeserved birdie. I figured that with all the ugliness at least my aim was true.

I have bladed a ball into the lake and had it take 5 skips get out run up the slope and end up 5 feet away and made the birdie putt.

We have a woods on one hole that is OB. I've hit many balls in that woods over the years, and I've had a fair number hit a tree or something and come out. Same with water. I skipped a low liner once on a par 3 over water and nearly made a HIO.

Had another in contention for my luckiest. Was at number 7 at Encinitas Ranch in San Diego area. A little over 300 yards but probably 50 feet uphill. Hit giant pull OB, or so I thought. Was more of a pull fade and the street is above the tee so mostly blind to it. The ball hit the road but was fading enough to take one or two bounces came back in and ended up 1 yard left of the green.

ER7_zpsxxxmdu3z.jpg

Amazing how luck can come and go, even within the same round. I've had my share of good bounces off of trees and skipping through water onto a green, but had one day where great luck was followed by some bad luck, and when it counted in a tournament. Was playing in my first father/son tournament of 9 holes with my son (9 at the time) - first hole was a par 5, I was nervous at the start but managed to follow-up a good drive with one of the best 3 wood shots I've ever hit from about 230yrds which left us with a tap in for eagle - so, -2 after the 1st. Second hole was a short par 3 and my son hit an ok shot which was tracking to miss the green but got a great bounce off the side of the hill and came to stop on the lip a about 1/2 a ball revolution from going in for a HIO - so, -3 after the 2nd. Luck managed to very quickly turn as on the 3rd hole we got a bad bounce off of a sprinkler near the green which left the ball up against a tree trunk down a hill to the side of the green, which led to a double bogey managing to wipe out the eagle on the 1st - finished 2nd in the tournament by 1 stroke.

Still never had the ultimate luck of a HIO or even witnessed a HIO - hopefully soon....

Bladed a tee shot that skipped 4 or 5 times across a pond & onto the bank of a par 3 & then I chipped it in for birdie from 30 yards.

Back when I was really bad I chipped in for birdie from the woods from about 60 yards. Total fluke.

Was playing out of a bunker that was extremely hard packed. Across the green from me was a fence and drop off down to a creek. Bladed the shot, went over the green and over the fence and I saw the ball disappear. Then hit something hard, bounce high in the air, lands on the green and leaves me with about a 4 foot putt.

My luckiest shot came 2 years ago a Plumbrook golf course on hole 5 a dogleg right par 4. I hit a nice drive down the middle leaving me 120 yards to the pin. I then proceeds to hit my approach shot over the green on 5 the over the adjacent green of hole #7. While hitting my third shot I blazed it and it took off and it looked like I was going to be back over the green on 5 again. But to my luck I clip a branch on a tree in front of the right side of the green. The ball drops on the fringe and the ball rolls to 4 feet. I sunk the putt for par and laughed my way off the green.

This one is so easy. It's my one and only Hole in One, an ace I in no way deserved. 25 years ago; Cottonwood Creek in Waco Texas; first, and only time, I played that course. Hole #4, 150 ish yard par 3 over a pond, pin tucked far left behind the water with a trap right behind the flag. I shanked a hard low line drive 8 iron that by all rights should have went over the street waaaay right and oob. Instead it careened hard into the berm along the right, kicking further and further left with each bounce. It bounced about four or five times, (one was a hard bounce off the cart path) before it eventually released on the green and curled all the way across it and in! All skill!
ace_zpsylhwdc5g.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I strategically played a 4 hybrid off a bridge left of the green from 210 ish yards on a par 5. The ball hit solid and ricocheted onto the apron just short of the green. I then got up and down for birdie. I think Canadan was there…

I strategically played a 4 hybrid off a bridge left of the green from 210 ish yards on a par 5. The ball hit solid and ricocheted onto the apron just short of the green. I then got up and down for birdie. I think Canadan was there…
Total horseshat

At a course in Hawaii I bounced a hooked drive off a moving pickup truck and it ricocheted back in play.

Torn right calf muscle. Grade 2. For some idiotic reason I continued playing. Hit a drive without a right foot. Won "Most Accurate Drive" for the tournament. :!)

So I am playing in my member guest at my home course and we are on hole 12. Tight dogleg left par 4 with Hazard all the way up the entire right side to the green. We are playing best ball and are in contention. My partner in his pocket off the tee. I hit the center of fairway and feel like I am in the drivers seat. Step up with a wedge in hand. However I was in between clubs so I opted for the longer and just choked down and stood a little closer to hit a little knockdown shot.

Well low and behold I hit a shank...........As you recall from earlier there is a hazard all up the right side with ob just past that. My ball is screaming to the ob and my partner does not have one in play. There is a lone power pole just beyond the hazard that just happens to get in the way of my ball. It hits midways up on the left side of the pole with a glancing blow and ricochets to about 5 yards of the green.

I go on to get up and down for par but I was shaken up. We didn't win or even get in the money but still given the circumstance it was my most memorable

A couple years ago on the 11th hole with is a big dog leg left. I hit a good drive but I pulled it into the adjacent fairway. I had a big row of trees between me and the green. I hit a 9 iron that didn't get up high enough and was bouncing off a bunch of the branches. The ball ended up 2' from the hole for an easy birdie.

At a local course, I pulled my second shot way left on a par 4. Ball hit the cart path, bounced up, hit a tree limb and ricocheted towards the green. Landed 6 inches from the cup for birdie.

I hit a 7 iron (approx. 155 yards) and pushed it right. I thought it was going in the bunker but it hit a rake inside the bunker bounced left out of the bunker onto the green and went in the hole!! I don't think I'll ever be able to beat it for luck but no doubt I'll try again, accidentally!!

Par 4 that bends around a lake, I faded the tee shot too much and it landed inside the red stakes but still dry. I had a pretty down hill lie and tried to take a hack at it, ended up skipping across the water hitting the rocks and bouncing onto the fairway. I then got up and down for the par and proceeded to tell my playing partners that was the plan I had all along

Hit a chip out of the brush in woods from 50 yards to a blind green and holed it. My two friends started freaking out and I thought I went in the water past the green lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournament last fall...... The tree that has been my nemesis all summer finally gave back.

9th hole - I hit a 7 iron approach and as luck would have it I pushed the shot into the tree yet again. This time it ricocheted out and landed right on the green 12 feet from the hole allowing me to two putt for a par and go out with a 43.

Skulled a wedge from about 20 yards off the green, line drive into the flag stick about 4 feet high, dropped straight down into the cup.

Back