Song Dog

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you guys notice a difference in the way you play when you ride a cart vs walking?
I know without a doubt, I play better all around when I walk.

I always thought I played better when I walked but really my scores are always close and neither one is actually better. I do prefer to walk though.

I know my back feels better when I walk (not carry though, I have a push cart).

My goal is to walk a lot of rounds this year.

Overall, I play better when I walk. I feel it is much easier to stay loose and mentally prepare for the next shot when walking.

Walk. It's part of my training. If I have to start riding, I'm giving up the game.

I always try to walk. Although if it's a long long tourney like 5 to 6 hours, I'll use the cart to my advantage and save on stamina.

I play better when I walk although I need to keep track of my stamina. Walking needs some pacing so I still have enough juice towards the last few holes.

Overall, I play better when I walk. I feel it is much easier to stay loose and mentally prepare for the next shot when walking.

I'm right there with ya on the preparing and staying loose but are your scores really better?

I'm right there with ya on the preparing and staying loose but are your scores really better?

Average score was about 2 shots better walking last year.

I'll walk nine, but usually ride 18. Got a fake knee that starts to really fuss after about 12 holes walking. And now my opposite hip is starting to make some noises about it as well. All those years of favoring the bad leg seems to have taken it's toll.

Score-wise, I've not noticed a real big swing in either direction regarding walking versus riding.

I want to say yes to this, but I don't have statistical numbers to back it up.

Alright well I'll break up the walk fest. I vastly prefer carts. But notice absolutely no difference in the way I play either way.

I really enjoy walking. but the course layouts around here are way too spread out. do I play better? I kinda think I do, but don't really know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to walk all the time, but then went through a period when I only rode. Since picking up my Clicgear though I try to walk as much as possible. I like walking because it gives me more time to think about the next shot and allows me to fully take in everything about the round. As far as whether or not I play better, it seems about the same to me. The fatigue factor is higher when walking, but I also feel like my swing is looser.

I play a better game when I walk.

I feel like I play better when I walk, but haven't kept track of any significant difference. Walking gives me time to think through the next shot or let go of the previous one. I also feel like my legs/back stay a bit looser when I walk, but I definitely get a little tired when I finish up 18 especially on a hilly course.

Reality is I shot about the same ... when you are up in my high numbers, its hard to tell though ... I do feel like I am more "in tune" when I walk, because I am thinking about my shot walking to the ball, versus talking to my cart partner ...

I prefer to walk and think I play better when I do ( not really sure if it is reality). The issue I typically have is that most of my golfing buddies are in their 60's or more in age and I am usually the exception when it comes to walking. Everyone in our group likes to play quickly and when I walk I always feel like I'm holding the group up so I end up on one of the carts.

My PB was shot while riding in a cart while the other three walked. I've also matched that PB two other times while riding and I'm not sure exactly what my low score is for walking. I still prefer to walk though…

I doubt my scores are much different, but I enjoy the game much more when I walk. I tend to feel rushed when I ride.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Arthritic knees and bad back have me riding all the time. I try to walk between shots as much as possible. However, when I did walk the course I tended to shoot a bit better vs. riding. I think walking was relaxing for me, and helped clear my mind for the next shot.

Arthritic knees and bad back have me riding all the time. I try to walk between shots as much as possible. However, when I did walk the course I tended to shoot a bit better vs. riding. I think walking was relaxing for me, and helped clear my mind for the next shot.
Too bad about the arthritis. You made a great point about clearing you mind. Walking let's you take a deep breath and cool down a little after a poor shot.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

I think it's a wash for me right now, there was a time where I thought I played better walking but I'm not so sure my perception wasn't skued by my love for the tradition of the game.

I usually only ride. It's faster and gets me on and off the course better.

If the course is moving at a good pace, then walking vs. riding makes no difference, but I still prefer to walk. However, if it's all backed up, then walking is the only way to go for me. I get all stiff when I have to drive to the ball and then wait on every shot. At least walking keeps me moving.

I don't know about my scores walk vs ride because I walked for the 1st time recently, but I did notice I found a lot more balls when I walked vs rode and enjoyed the scenery more

Back