PTx Irons For THPers - The 2016 Ben Hogan Experience

Congrats guys! Can't wait to see the next 3 tomorrow morning.

I'm pulling for you Cookie!

Congrats guys!!! Can't wait to see you three really run with it and bring the coverage big time!

Three more spots!!!

OH MY!!!!! Is this really happening?!? I'm speechless, and extremely thankful!!!!!!!!!!

Sure is Jim. Looking forward to meeting you.

Congrats guys!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thread is way too quiet for what just went down. Can't wait for tomorrow's excitement.

Thread is way too quiet for what just went down. Can't wait for tomorrow's excitement.

I bet those selected will begin to overwhelm is with thoughts.

I'm very excited. I have to be in Dallas the weekend before too for business and told the wife that if she needs me to come home for any reason to please plan ahead and make it the week before!

The closest thing to a V sole that I've tried was the Sure Contact sole in the Bridgestone J15 CB's. I liked them and always wanted to try the Srixon 745's because of their sole design. So the sole grind on the PTx irons really has me intrigued. It's almost intimidating to see such high bounce angles on the irons because I've never tried anything like it.

I've watched the THP PGA coverage video on these irons and loved what I heard. As someone who hits the ball too high with most stock sets out, the streamlined CG positions seems right up my alley. And as someone (like most I'm sure) that mis-hits my long irons most often compared to the rest of my irons, the extra help from the tungsten weighting seems like a nice touch.

I've always tried to keep my first two non set wedges in 4* gaps and in some sets my lob wedge, but I never thought about messing with the lofts in my iron sets. I've just trusted that the sets I've played were designed the way they were for a reason. That being said, I have closer to 15 yard gaps in my short irons and closer to 10 yard gaps in my longer irons that are spaced 3* apart. Maybe the 4* gaps in the PTx irons will make my carry distance gaps more uniform. I'm excited to find out.

I just struggled a lot with 120 gram stiff shafts and play best in 130 gram shafts. So the stock shaft options have me a little concerned. But I haven't played a 120 in X-flex, so that could be something that works well for me. I have a quick tempo and hard transition that the heaviest shafts seem to somewhat tame.

The irons look amazing to me and I was told that they feel great by those that have had a chance to hit them.

Congrats to those that got in! I'm bummed I couldn't try for this one.

Congrats to the first three. Good luck to the rest of the entrants.

Congrats guys! This will be a great event.

Congrats to those who got in today!
Good luck tomorrow, for those that didn't get in today.

Congrats guys.

Congratulations guys!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Congrats guys; you're gonna be blown away! Good luck to the rest of the hopefuls.

3 more to be announced! I'm wearing my lucky... well, nevermind that... I still have my fingers crossed!

3 more to be announced! I'm wearing my lucky... well, nevermind that... I still have my fingers crossed!

I may just be a tad "on edge" this morning. :alien:

Patiently waiting NOT......

1st post updated with the lucky 6.

We want to thank everybody for showing an incredible amount of interest in this event. Makes it easier to bring it back and other events like it. If you did not make it in, dont sweat it, you are placed on the waiting list now and if a spot opens up you will be notified.

And of course you can read about all of the other once in a lifetime opportunity THP Events right here.

And finally for the locals in TX, if you did not get in, do not forget that the UST Shaft Spectacular is held every single month in DFW and is completely free and truly mind blowing what that entails. Last month came with a full bag fitting and free driver.

Congrats to the 3 named today!

Hope you boys have a blast throughout the event and I look forward to following the long term feedback. Definitely interested in these irons.

Congrats!

Way to go everyone. Congratulations! Cannot wait to hear your thoughts and follow along on your experience.

Congrats guys! I'm sure it will be a fantastic experience!!

Congrats all!!! Remember, the event is only the beginning with this one!

Congrats everyone!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back