Best Selling Throwback Jerseys By State

Giants……which I know is the wrong answer. Hahaha.
Hahahahaha...You're really a Yankee fan then.

I still don't see how Hernandez is the top seller for New York State. I understand that it's based on Mitchell & Ness throwback sales, but I would think at least Tom Seaver or Joe Namath or even :gulp: Billy Martin.

Hahahahaha...You're really a Yankee fan then.

I still don't see how Hernandez is the top seller for New York State. I understand that it's based on Mitchell & Ness throwback sales, but I would think at least Tom Seaver or Joe Namath or even :gulp: Billy Martin.
I blame my grandfathers. One was a Mets/Jets fan; and the other a Giants/Yankees fan. I ended up split right down the middle based upon which time of year I saw them most.

Here is how Hernandez wins this:
The Yankees have 15 guys who could compete for the spot (Ruth, DiMaggio, Whitey, Yogi, Maris, Mantle, Winfield, Jeter-soon, etc).
The Mets have 2 (Seaver and Hernandez).
The Knicks have one, but they have been SO bad for so long.

So for right now, in 2016, the hip team in NY is the Mets and Hernandez (being on TV for 100 or so games) is the popular pick.

I blame my grandfathers. One was a Mets/Jets fan; and the other a Giants/Yankees fan. I ended up split right down the middle based upon which time of year I saw them most.

Here is how Hernandez wins this:
The Yankees have 15 guys who could compete for the spot (Ruth, DiMaggio, Whitey, Yogi, Maris, Mantle, Winfield, Jeter-soon, etc).
The Mets have 2 (Seaver and Hernandez).
The Knicks have one, but they have been SO bad for so long.

So for right now, in 2016, the hip team in NY is the Mets and Hernandez (being on TV for 100 or so games) is the popular pick.

Doc Gooden is very upset with you. So is Gary Carter. Strawberry and the bank teller for Johan Santana.
I would argue and say the Knicks have about 5 though.

Doc Gooden is very upset with you. So is Gary Carter. Strawberry and the bank teller for Johan Santana.
Doc and Strawberry blew it, and Met fans will never forget. We love them, but oh what could have been.

You mean Gary Carter that went into the HOF as an Expo? (And he should have). He's OUT.

Johan Santana? Was he Pedro Martinez's friend…?

and the crazy thing Mookie Wilson probably ranks higher than all of them in terms of jersey sales.

You're absolutely right. And my reason for Hernandez winning (TV) should push Walt Frazier into the mix. But who's buying these jerseys? I'm thinking it's the younger crowd. And how many of them remember those era Knicks?

and the crazy thing Mookie Wilson probably ranks higher than all of them in terms of jersey sales.
I would buy a Mookie Wilson jersey before any of them (even Hernandez). You know who else's jersey I would love? Tim Tuefel; and he's still with the team (3rd base coach).

Cause his name is fun. If a lot more of my people were sporting throwbacks (not exactly the demo), maybe Dolph Schayes could make the list.
Or maybe Amare depending on the lock out timing.

the real question that everyone is wondering is....When does the Kyle Korver throwback jersey hit the market? I feel it will take over all those Larry Bird jerseys and more.

Best college player there ever? Asking genuinely.
For a team without major long term pro sports, I would think it would have been him or Manning, but I think throwbacks are still dominated by baseball and basketball.

I guess my lack of involvement in Memphis was blurring my vision but my first thoughts were Reggie White or Peyton or even Todd Helton. Heck with all the Braves/Reds fans that had to choose growing up I would even go Dale Murphy or Pete Rose. There may be other NBA stars I am missing but I am not big into the NBA and your are right about NBA dominating throwbacks.

I tend to focus on the eastern end of the state and not such much Memphis which we don't typically claim anyway, lol.

Unitas in Indy? I don't think so. He's not even a "Indy" Colt. Baltimore, duh!! And for 10 years you couldn't sling a dead cat without hitting someone in a Manning or Harrison jersey.

I have a Saints Archie Manning throwback, so this list makes since to me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kobe Bryant.

That's downright pathetic.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oh and God bless Maine for the Steve largent love ha-ha

I just noticed muggsy bogues too lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Seeing Bird hold it down in New England isn't a shock.

Back