Where are the bunker takes on your course?

chriso97

Mad Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
In the last year or so my course has taken to installing plastic tubes in the bunkers so that the takes stand up vertically

I hate the idea as you don't get relief (in the extremely unlikely event you find yourself there) from the tube in a bunker and you have rakes sticking up.

Recently the course has been instructed to remove them (by golf Australia). This has created some interesting debate. People are pretty passionate about rakes apparently :)

Personally I prefer the rakes left IN the bunker flat on the ground. I am not a fan of having them flat on the ground outside the bunker as you can get any sort of deflection.

What does your course do?

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

If you're going to put them in tubes, they should be out of the bunker.

It's about 50% in the bunker and 50% out of the bunker around here.

Ours are on the ground outside of the bunker on the high side of the bunker.

There’s usually one or two or three around the outside of the bunker.

Always around the bunker at my place, can't recall ever seeing a rake left within.

Outside the bunker.

Outside the bunker on my new course and a good few of them and still people are to lazy to use them.

Once played a course where they gave you one to carry with you, whether you walked it or rode in a cart. Bunkers were immaculate.

No consistent position for the rakes around here. If you're going to use tubes, they should IMO be removable like 150-yard poles.

Outside the bunker here.

The course sets them just outside the bunkers. Where they will be in the afternoons when I usually play is a crap shoot.

Outside the bunkers here. Ideally they should be placed pointing in the direction of play. It has been a worse situation for me when rakes have been inside the bunker and close to the lip preventing the ball from rolling down to or near the flat part of a bunker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outside the bunker

I hate the idea as you don't get relief (in the extremely unlikely event you find yourself there) from the tube in a bunker and you have rakes sticking up.

I made this point once here and was corrected saying that you're granted relief from rakes in the bunker. I didn't challenge it because I wasn't sure if it was right. I know that's amazing that I didn't challenge something, but it's true. Anyway, I think this year you'd be authorized to move the rake in the bunker because you're allowed relief from rocks and other stuff, but not sure.

Oh great!...……...now we have to worry about both pins and rakes staying in or out of their homes :alien:

In my area they are always outside the bunker. Right or wrong I don't really know. But I have heard the argument that a tool for the bunker should be in the bunker. Why should a tool for the hazard risk being in the way of a ball that isn't in the hazard? That was the argument mentioned and I have to say I think it does make a point.

The course I work at they are inside on the far edges of the bunkers. I think it’s dumb they are even in the bunkers. I put them outside or half inside with handle out. ( huge rebel I am)As to not get sand all over your hands when needing to rake,or you brushing the sand all yourself trying to clean the rake handle off.

I will say though,we have one of, if not,the top boys college team play the course and both the girls and boys teams request the rakes be outside on the topside of the bunkers for all their tournaments played at the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rake ends up where ever the guy before me puts it.

My home course has tubes just outside the bunker with the rake standing vertically

Most courses I have ever played just has 2 pr 3 randomly laying around the outside of the bunker. I always assumed where they are is where the last person that used them existed the bunker.

Most courses in my Area they usually have them around the edge but outside the bunker.

Ours are on the ground outside of the bunker on the high side of the bunker.
This I believe is the correct answer, or at least it should be. Least likely to interfere with anything.

Back