Elevator Etiquette

We were given feet. You stare at your feet in elevator and never ever talk to anyone. Communication in elevator or other confined space is a serious breach of other person's personal space. Even a small talk about weather is not to be encouraged. Welcome to Finland :D

Here in the U.S. I strike up a conversation with other passengers on a the elevator whether they like it or not

elfelevator_2526.png

Looks like a Christmas tree!!

The second option, hang by the buttons.. fills my control issues while appearing courteous

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've done both.

For a real treat, you should get on last and face the people instead of the door. :D

Has anyone ever gotten in the elevator and faced the back instead of the doors? You know you are going to be the topic of discussion once they get out or you get out.

My friends and I would do it in college. People's reaction are priceless. It really freaks people out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It depends on my mood. Sometimes, I'll hit the button and move out of the way, sometimes, I'll hit the button and hang out near the front, but the buttons for the others, sometimes, I'll hit the button and head to the back and face the back corner without saying anything to anyone or making eye contact while humming softly to myself. If I'm in a really good mood and I'm only going up one floor, I'll let everyone else in first, then right as the doors open up on the 2nd floor, I'll hit all the other buttons so the elevator has to stop on each floor!

I'll push my button and head to the back or hang around the front if I'm getting off quickly.

Just dont fart in there and I don't care what else you do.

Here in the U.S. I strike up a conversation with other passengers on a the elevator whether they like it or not
With overly cheerful tone of course? :)

I'm a 'help others and make them feel important' kinda guy. You've only got a moment to assess the situation. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is difficulties getting people on or off due to the number of people and folks with packages, luggage, etcetera. I'm always looking for that and helping people get on without the door whacking them, finding a spot inside, make sure everybody gets packed in as comfortably as possible, acknowledging others for making room, or getting the floor buttons. I've been known to create an elevator full of friends inside of 10 seconds.

Hey, it's a short ride, but it might as well be a pleasant one.

Back