Elevator Etiquette

Nerdy

Revenge of the Nerds!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
OH weather
You're waiting to get on the elevator in the lobby. 5 or so other people walk up. You're the first to get on the elevator. Do you push your button and head to the back, or stay and ask everyone where they are heading and be the button czar?

I'm a hit my floor and head to the back guy. Occasionally though, I will stay and ask but it's rare

Depends on if I'm on a lower or higher floor. If I know I'm going to be likely to be the first one off, I'll hang out near the front so I'm not forcing everyone to unload when I get off the elevator.

Depends on if I'm on a lower or higher floor. If I know I'm going to be likely to be the first one off, I'll hang out near the front so I'm not forcing everyone to unload when I get off the elevator.

Same. I work on a higher floor so I generally head to the back. If I'm in the lobby but not heading all the way up, those are the rare times where I'll stay and hit buttons

For a group of 5 or more, I would just hit my button then depending on how far up I need to go, either move to the back or slide over so everyone else can choose their buttons. 2 or 3 people join I will probably ask their floors, but once we get to 5 or more I start to feel like I am working for the building if i ask everyone for their floor.

Take some initiative, ask nicely what floor, and push some buttons. Not many chances in life to be in charge. Grab that bull/elevator by the horns.

You're waiting to get on the elevator in the lobby. 5 or so other people walk up. You're the first to get on the elevator. Do you push your button and head to the back, or stay and ask everyone where they are heading and be the button czar?

I get in, press every button, get off on the next floor and take the stairs.

im a hit my button and head to the back. No way im messing up someones request and then forcing them to ride the thing way past their own flor because im an idiot and dont know my numbers. :banana:

I get in, press every button, get off on the next floor and take the stairs.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.. :alien:

im a hit my button and head to the back. No way im messing up someones request and then forcing them to ride the thing way past their own flor because im an idiot and dont know my numbers. :banana:

Yeah but most of us know our numbers so we don’t have this issue.

Depends on the day. Like others, if I’m getting off first I’ll stay near the front, otherwise I’ll move to the back.

Depends, I always stand to the side of the doors and wait to see if anyone is getting off first. Then, if there are ladies present, i will let them on first, then enter and press mine and move to wards an empty spot....

I'll usually stay and ask what floor they're going to, and hit it for them.

I hit my button and move back. I dont hear well enough to take the risk of hitting the wrong button for someone else.

If I'm getting off on the next floor, then I stay to the front and push buttons. If I'm getting off at the top or last floor, then I'll move to the back and tell the person in front which floor I want. If I'm in naughty mood and am getting off on the next floor then I'll get on and push all the buttons. :clown:

I take the stairs. lol!

We were given feet. You stare at your feet in elevator and never ever talk to anyone. Communication in elevator or other confined space is a serious breach of other person's personal space. Even a small talk about weather is not to be encouraged. Welcome to Finland :D

I tend to walk in and fart loudly. Usually gives me the elevator to myself.

But in seriousness, depends on where i am going. Lower floor, I push buttons, higher floor, select mine and head to the back.

I usually enter, push the button for my destination floor and move to the front corner opposite of the bank of buttons. If there are banks of buttons on both sides and someone asks or it's too crowded for them to reach, I will push the requested button for them.

We were given feet. You stare at your feet in elevator and never ever talk to anyone. Communication in elevator or other confined space is a serious breach of other person's personal space. Even a small talk about weather is not to be encouraged. Welcome to Finland :D

Interesting. While I rarely speak to someone I don't know on an elevator I will ask an obvious golfer where they're playing or wish people a Happy New Year for example.

Depends on how high my floor is. If I think most people will get off after me, I'll man the button.

hit all the buttons just to be safe and then take the stairs

Sounds like my kind of place!

I hit my button then stand in the back with my back against the wall waiting for my floor.

Just hit the button and move to rear.

Back