The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came into work this morning and found this:

eb88cf4d4bfa3189afb9c96d04a30d67.jpg

Which one of you wise guys is the guilty party?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amateurs.

One of my former co-workers came in on a Monday morning to this:

2woluzp.jpg

That's 7 feet of Bill Murray and she locked her door when she left that Friday.

It's usually a steady mix. I can be cheap and be happy, but I do indulge a few times a month. I'm not trying for the rice and beans approach, just a reasonable number to try and hit.

I was able to stay at about $50 a week in the past for umm...idk...a month or two haha. And that was eating really light and maybe going out 2-3 times a month. I'd say $100 a week is fair and anything under that is extra savings.

GG just said something like
If there was no LA, AL or MS, we dont lose much and it would be a quicker drive to Texas. :banana:
Get rid of FL too and it's a much quicker trip to the beach for me. :)

My wife and I try to spend about $100 to $150 a week on groceries and that includes fresh meals with vegetable and organic meats in most instances, as well as lunches for the both of us. We eat out 2X a week for lunch and 1X a week for Dinner.

Never shop without a meal plan and your needs laid out in advance. Going shopping and winging it will only end in disaster and wasted food.

Get a Food Saver. Buy your meats at Costco or in bulk and vacuum seal them.

Try and build a grocery list around common items so you dont waste food.

My wife and I try to spend about $100 to $150 a week on groceries and that includes fresh meals with vegetable and organic meats in most instances, as well as lunches for the both of us. We eat out 2X a week for lunch and 1X a week for Dinner.

Never shop without a meal plan and your needs laid out in advance. Going shopping and winging it will only end in disaster and wasted food.

That's the biggest thing our household seems to struggle with. Buying a bunch of produce and fruit thinking we're going to eat it but so much ends up going to waste because there was really no plan for it.

That's the biggest thing our household seems to struggle with. Buying a bunch of produce and fruit thinking we're going to eat it but so much ends up going to waste because there was really no plan for it.

Both of us loathe leftovers so we really try and make sure we use everything we buy. Some vegetables will hold a bit longer if need be, like asparagus, green beans and bell peppers. I try and stick with citrus and apples for fruits since they last longer.

I shop for a family of 4 (kids are 15 and 10) for around $170/week. There's a lot of coupons and sale items in there, don't get me wrong, but $100/week for a single guy should be a good target based on how much you eat out. I bring lunch to the office every day - usually it's a frozen meal, soup, or leftovers so I save a lot right there by not eating out or in the office cafeteria every day. Same with my wife.

145c89759691c2a4a91b17678014bd62.jpg

This was South Beach this morning. Who says Miami doesn't have surf?

A lot of stuff at Costco is coming individually wrapped now, too. We just got some chicken breasts and mahi fillets that were all packaged individually inside the bags.

Umm. Woah?

Ummm What? It literally blew up? That is crazy.
I was on lunch getting an estimate for my car, but my boss said there was a huge BOOM (shook our office) and she saw a huge column of fire going straight up. Sounds like all the construction workers got out okay.. Been spraying water for the last hour on it...

Anyone ever use the saniseal waxless toilet rings? Need to replace the wax ring and really don't want to use another wax ring, but will if they're better. Also, should I remove the toilet before getting the new ring?

No way!!! give us some context or a photo dude! Wow.
We know very little about it at this point. It's a retirement community going up next to us (the nicer looking ones with multiple wings - not a nursing home). The section that blew up is pointed the other way, so i can't see it directly but there's half the fire department there right now. The last one they built only took about 4 months start to finish to build, so i'm guessing this sets them back quite a bit.

We know very little about it at this point. It's a retirement community going up next to us (the nicer looking ones with multiple wings - not a nursing home). The section that blew up is pointed the other way, so i can't see it directly but there's half the fire department there right now. The last one they built only took about 4 months start to finish to build, so i'm guessing this sets them back quite a bit.

That is crazy. Glad to hear it appears everybody got out.
I heard retirement community in Wisconsin and kind of chuckled though.

Hey! It's pretty classy... they have a nice patio with comfy chairs and those tables with the fires built into them...
(Yea. i know it's pretty lame...)
CatnMgKW4AAmZr4.jpg:large

People do seem to want to live out their life in cold weather. 5 years ago I would have defended this. Now, I'm wondering when/how I can become a snowbird.

whoa thats a crazy fire

Hey! It's pretty classy... they have a nice patio with comfy chairs and those tables with the fires built into them...
(Yea. i know it's pretty lame...)
CatnMgKW4AAmZr4.jpg:large

Thats crazy! Hopefully no one was hurt.

I think I'm becoming a golfer.Thirty Two degrees and a 10 mph wind out but no snow.Im heading out to play 9 holes.Anyone else do this?Or should I just hit in the net in the garage?

I think I'm becoming a golfer.Thirty Two degrees and a 10 mph wind out but no snow.Im heading out to play 9 holes.Anyone else do this?Or should I just hit in the net in the garage?

if the course is open, you should play ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back