Comparable Shafts Recommendations

Trmpt98

2024 Vokey / 2023 GOAT Cup / 2019 Bridgestone
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey fellow golfers. I am looking for a recommendation. I currently have a UST Proforce V2 Tour 6F5 that I really like and am looking to possibly replace my old Cobra BioCell driver head. My question to the shaft gurus is, what shaft would be similar to the V2 Tour that a PGA SS would have so I can get into a bay and get some swings? Obviously I could just use my own shaft to test out the Cobra F8 but want something comparable to test other brands. Thanks for your suggestions.

I'm not a total shaft guru, but I did play one on tv once (actually it was YouTube, but you can play that on TV now!).

I'd think that the Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 should be ok. There are at least two weights that I know of, one is I think 77 grams and the other is 63, I think. The lighter one should be close enough that it would work for testing purposes. It may launch a little lower than the UST. They'll almost certainly have those in stock.

An EvenFlow Blue in 6.5 would also be a decent choice. It's slightly heavier but should launch a little higher than the HZRDUS Yellow and more in line with the UST. I think the weight difference is only about 4-5 grams between all three of them with the HZRDUS being almost exactly the same weight while the EF Blue is a tad heavier.

Good luck!

The Proforce V2 Tour is a mid launch shaft with 3.3* of torque. PGA SS will most likely only have stock shaft options that come with the Cobra F8 so the closest thing that they would have (assuming it's the same setup we were given at Golf Galaxy) would be the Aldila 2KXV Blue or Green.

The blue is a mid launch shaft at 61 grams for X flex, green is low launch at 64 grams for X flex. The Project X HZRDUS Yellow will be a lower flight shaft and counterbalanced so it will feel different than all of the rest. The X flex for the HZRDUS Yellow is 63 grams.

If they have a Project X EvenFlow Blue shaft there I would say to give that a go because it seems like almost every company is starting to use that shaft so they should have one of them for every company to try. It's also a mid flight shaft but the X flex weighs 69 grams.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. Just looking for something close so I can test out some other brands since I have a cobra adapter installed on mine. Seeing if I can get any gains from my biocell with all these new drivers coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back