TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

I might be a rare bird so to say but I prefer the M1 over the M2. The M2 is a fantastically solid club I just prefer the weight forward in my driver.

Weather got nasty yesterday afternoon, so the range was a no-go. Cleared up for this afternoon, a bit chilly, but the M2 will get some range work.

Looking forward to the initial feedback from 2012BFT and Borss as well.

Same here, we went from 65* and fairly sunny this past weekend to a few inches of snow and slush... I plan to get out to the range (heated tees) or indoor range dome to get some more swings in with this bad boy so I can give a better description of the feel and sound. I plan to hit this back to back with my Callaway 815, and the new G series for comparison.

Just an update: I am very impressed with the feel of this club. The "pop" off the club face just feels right to me. Also, I still can't get over the aesthetics of this club head. The crown just screams technology and I think does a great job of framing the ball. I can't wait to get out of work today to get more swings in!

It's a real mess here, plus I had a back injury last Saturday. Feeling Better and the weather forecast is good this weekend. Will be putting it in play this weekend.

I do like the looks of this one. First in a while for me with TM. The whole M line actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather got nasty yesterday afternoon, so the range was a no-go. Cleared up for this afternoon, a bit chilly, but the M2 will get some range work.

Looking forward to the initial feedback from 2012BFT and Borss as well.
Wish I could burrow this for 36 holes on Saturday, from everybody's thoughts it is sounding like an amazing club

Picking mine up Saturday morning before I play 18. Will be 75 and sunny here.

Mentioned this in the other thread, but ordered the 9.5* with the Aldila Rogue Silver 60 Stiff. Will bring both my 50 and 60 stiff fuji fuel shafts with me to the range so I can see some real world ball flight and report back.

golf-club-3_zpspxa8tipy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
golf-club-1_zpsafdxjucq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
golf-club-2_zpsis6q6foy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
golf-club-4_zpsuela8gha.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here are my pictures finally. Sorry for the delay. My wife was busy with work and she helped me with the pics. My initial impressions are WOW!
I love the look of this driver. From the bad ass carbon fiber crown to the cool looking bottom with the speed pocket. I like the white edge on top too as I think it will help at address since I'm not always comfortable with how square the club face is. I love the look at address. The club feels really light too which should help with swing speed. I went with the 10.5 obviously with the stock regular flex Fujikura Pro 50. Not a huge fan of the head cover style but I like the color.

I can't wait to get this thing in play on Sunday! My back feels great but I'm giving it an extra day just to be sure.

Last edited:
Pictures are coming through Borss.

Pictures are coming through Borss.
They weren't showing on my end using google drive. I put them on photobucket and all is well thanks.

golf-club-3_zpspxa8tipy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
golf-club-1_zpsafdxjucq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
golf-club-2_zpsis6q6foy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
golf-club-4_zpsuela8gha.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here are my pictures finally. Sorry for the delay. My wife was busy with work and she helped me with the pics. My initial impressions are WOW!
I love the look of this driver. From the bad ass carbon fiber crown to the cool looking bottom with the speed pocket. I like the white edge on top too as I think it will help at address since I'm not always comfortable with how square the club face is. I love the look at address. The club feels really light too which should help with swing speed. I went with the 10.5 obviously with the stock regular flex Fujikura Pro 50. Not a huge fan of the head cover style but I like the color.

I can't wait to get this thing in play on Sunday! My back feels great but I'm giving it an extra day just to be sure.

Can't wait to follow along with your thoughts. 10.5 should get so good launch.

Great pics, Borss. Glad I am not the only one who thinks this one can help with tee box alignment.

Can't wait to follow along with your thoughts. 10.5 should get so good launch.

i like the fact that I can adjust the loft if needed. This is my first driver with this feature.

Great pics, Borss. Glad I am not the only one who thinks this one can help with tee box alignment.

Yeah, this has me excited.

Definitely.

That's why I was so enamored with the Yonex i-Ezone for so long:
yonex-i-ezone-2-.jpg

Its a very cool look, IMO.

i like the fact that I can adjust the loft if needed. This is my first driver with this feature.
Just remember, with the loft changing the face angle will change slightly as well.

Definitely.

That's why I was so enamored with the Yonex i-Ezone for so long:
yonex-i-ezone-2-.jpg

Its a very cool look, IMO.

Exactly. Like I said, Im typically very critical on crown graphics, but this one is done quite well. I like it.

Just remember, with the loft changing the face angle will change slightly as well.

I read that in a review thanks. I think up opens and down closes right?

TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

I read that in a review thanks. I think up opens and down closes right?

Opposite. Up closes and down opens. Forget exactly how much though. Think degree?

Sent from this Tapatalk app thingy

I think I have looked down at the crown of this club 100 times and never noticed this. I always line up off the face of the club but the added line on the crown is a cool add.

Got in a few more swings with mine last night, I brought along my Callaway 815 and G series to compare. I was hitting inside at a local dome (i think the dome is only 100 yards long...) but the point of this trip was to compare the feel and sound in a temperature regulated environment. I hit a large bucket and spent most of the time with the the drivers, besides a quick warm up. I personally love doing back to back swings for these kinds of tests because it really gives you a chance to notice even the slightest differences in sound and feel.

To start off, I think I am going to have to say that the M2 wins out at look from address. As I have said in my previous comments, the crown is just BAD ASS looking.

To summarize my thoughts:

Sound
M2 - great sound, especially for a composite or multi material crown construction. This sounds to me like a driver should. I have hit many (including the 815, Callaway Diablo Octane etc) multi material carbon composite drivers in the past, and M2 nails the sound. I am not a fan of how dull or muted most have sounded to me. The M2 really breaks the mold on this one and has a true, metalwood sound. The sound wasn't overly loud, but when catching a perfect strike, it would produce a nice loud "crack!"

Compared to the G series, which is an all titanium driver (for comparison proposes) the M2 was maybe a little less "tinny" sounding? If people are familiar with the traditional PING sound, they will understand what I am trying to say here, but being a guy that has gamed many PING drivers over that years and has grown to love their sound, the M2 might actually edge out on this one. It seems to me its the perfect blend of a true all titanium driver and one that has a carbon crown. Its really the best of both worlds in sound.

Feel

I would say that the M2 has a very solid feel, but is soft enough to provide feedback to the golfer on where the ball was struck on the face... you will know when you really pure one. I enjoy to feel of the face, and am looking forward to further testing as this is really the first driver I have had that features a "speed slot" which is supposed to aid in shots struck lower on the face. This isn't typically my miss, but I can't wait to see how it effects ball speed when I get on a monitor again. I absolutely LOVE my 815, but I sometimes think that the original Alpha and the 815 lose in feel to me because of how hard and dull the the face can feel at times. I thought that the M2 and the G series had pretty similar feel, where they both provided a softer feel and you could tell when you just plain bombed one! I think this says a lot because of how popular the previous PING G30 was, a lot of people loved the feel it gave the user, so with the M2 being fairly similar this will be a huge plus for this offering.

I know that the above two topics I just covered are extremely based on personal opinion, but hopefully this gives someone an intro on what to expect before going to check them out. So far I am very pleased with the M2 on all aspects and can't wait to spend time with it out on the course and see how it preforms where it really matters!

Bft
how were your numbers compared to your driver

Great thoughts BFT.

Will be getting out with the one I have in hand a lot this weekend, fundraiser Sunday w/ the kids where we are playing 54.

Great thoughts BFT.

Will be getting out with the one I have in hand a lot this weekend, fundraiser Sunday w/ the kids where we are playing 54.

54 holes? Get some rest Saturday...

Back