UST Mamiya & THP Shaft Spectacular - March 2016

Good luck to all that enter, this should be spectacular!

Nice to see more people jump in. This is going to be pretty darn awesome.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 Aldila Rogue Stiff 95 msi - the numbers were correct with the stock Rogue shafts (I'm sure there are better shafts that cost more $$)
Fairways: Titleist 915F 13.5* & 904F 15* UST Proforce stiff 65g - love the rigid feel of UST shafts in fairway woods
Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 DG AMT S300 - DG shafts have the right ball flight for me
Wedges: Vokey SM5, 52*, 56* stock shaft or DG Spinner - nothing beats a Vokey
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X or Newport - 33" ... nothing beats the feel of a Scotty

Question: are those that are selected to participate in this event randomly picked, picked based on replies or involvement in the THP community?
Just curious

Question: are those that are selected to participate in this event randomly picked, picked based on replies or involvement in the THP community?
Just curious

As you can see from the first one, the drawing was done live via Periscope and names were drawn randomly.
Just like many of our other events.

Some events require involvement, others do not. But involvement while at the Shaft Spectacular via mobile is required for this.

Quick, somewhat related question...

I'm trying to embed my tweet into the thread, but not having any luck. I can get the link copies from Twitter, but can't figure out how to get it the display on this site.

Thanks

Just a general question, but is it necessary to embed the tweet in the thread or is it sufficient to simply tweet the entry according to the stated criteria, in order to get the second entry?

Psh, you would have to be CRAZY not to enter this!!! I'm in!

My wife's birthday is March 18. I may be crazy, but I am not stupid :D

As you can see from the first one, the drawing was done live via Periscope and names were drawn randomly.
Just like many of our other events.

Some events require involvement, others do not. But involvement while at the Shaft Spectacular via mobile is required for this.

I didn't see the first one that is why I was inquiring, thanks for the info though.

#cookie needs to give you better info/details when you 2 play golf together! :D

Lmao!!! I told #cookie several times that there are way too many threads to keep up with in the THP, heck I don't see how he does but he does.

Gee I would kill to be in it this month, but it's vacation time and my wife DEFINATELY would not understand. Oh well, there is always April!! Gook luck guys!

I've tried just about everything known to man to try and reschedule some things to try for this. Just can't do it. Good luck everyone.

I'm currently gaming the KBS tour 90 for the added height on my irons. I like having a very high launch but graphite has my attention completely now. I'd love to see what UST has cooking for me! I love the recoil in my utility irons.

24 hours....clock is ticking. Last call!

Clock.gif

Don't say you weren't warned!

This one is all closed up.
We will announce the March lucky winners in the next couple of days.

Boy when you guys find out what is coming you are going to freak out. And a whole lot more THPers are going to be saying why them, why them, why dont I ever win...Have to enter to win...BECAUSE THIS IS THAT GOOD!

This one is all closed up.
We will announce the March lucky winners in the next couple of days.

Boy when you guys find out what is coming you are going to freak out. And a whole lot more THPers are going to be saying why them, why them, why dont I ever win...Have to enter to win...BECAUSE THIS IS THAT GOOD!

giphy%201_zpsxnwug6zy.gif

Excited to see who the winners are and to see what Nate an shane get into of their trip

Whoever follows Nate will have some big shoes to fill. His A Game has become an A+ Game when it comes to posting events.

I like the idea of a shane the first month and a different shane the second month :)

Excited to see who the winners are and to see what Nate an shane get into of their trip

Odds of getting in this month are actually pretty dang good! Excited to see who's chosen!

Looking forward to seeing who the lucky winners will be. (crosses fingers)

If I get in, the FUN part will be telling my wife, who doesn't know I entered this yet. ha ha ha

My first niece is expected to be born in Dallas in March. So I'll probably be up there anyway. Wouldn't take much to cruise on over to UST. Just sayin...

Another great event up for grabs.

Another great event up for grabs.

driver - Oban Purple 63 gram regular "03" or Hashimoto 65 gram stiff "04" - play it because I I heard they were great shaft so I gave them a try and so far so good. My dispersion is better with Hashimoto but feel distance might be better with the purple.
fairway wood - 3W and HW Oban Devotion stiff. Again heard they were nice and gave them a try. Feel and distance seem alright.
hybrid - N/A
irons - UST Recoil F4 110. I bought them on reading reviews. Turns out they seem to be working out for me. I love the feel.
wedges - UST Recoil F4 110 in the MD3's. So far they work well but I'm always open to improving.
putter - stock shaft. Never thought about replace the shaft in my putter.

Sounds like an amazing set of up coming events. So interested in shaft technology looking forward to reading all about this and hopefully participating. Thanks UST Mamiya and THP!

Back