What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold today, 36* when we started, 41* when we finished, but the wind had picked up a lot on the back nine.
42 front, 45 on the back, 87. I'll take it for February golf in the midwest.
New putter will be here on Tuesday, so will give another run next weekend.

83, 39/44 felt a lot worse than the number, zero birdies to be found and it took everything I had just to save bogeys on a lot of the back 9.

How was Tee game?

Sorry just seeing this.

IT was ok, the ones I connected on well I hit a more penetrating tree ball combined with the almost frozen fairways on the front 9 lead to some nice long drives.

GOt a little suspect on the back, still pushing balls right, but when I do its still solid distance for me. Recovered well which helped avoid the big numbers

We played our first round of Pennants on sunday, its match play and the rules have been changed this year. Its like playing a 9 hole, 9 hole, 18 hole comp. So you can get a point for the first 9 a point for the second 9 and then the overall match.

I won my match, 1up on the front, 1 up on the back to win 2 up. I was giving 4 shots over the round and managed to get it done. I shot a +5 73, in scorching temps.

My team ended up winning 4-2, so its a good start to the year for us.

40/40 80 today. Triple bogey on 14 with 2 water balls was a bit of a letdown, but played quite well other than that debacle.

Perfect afternoon here. Shot out after work for 9 holes. 5 over 40 through the 9. WHY CANT I DO THAT DURING SATURDAY COMP.

Tried something different and took 5 wood off the tee on 4 or so holes. Was just a fairway finder. Took me an extra club in so 9 where I would have formerly had a PW but thats manageable from better lies. Ponder mode. Averaged 210m with the 5 wood, 230m with the driver or there abouts.

Playing this morning.
Weather is 52* with moisture in the air and winds are 25 mph with gusts.
Could get interesting.

Played 9 Sunday before the game in shorts and short sleeves, this morning 4-5" of fresh powder on the ground with more coming, crazy.

Shot 42 on sunday with 1 bird, 4 pars, 1 bog, 2 dbls & 1 trpl.
4, 5, 5, 6, 4, 6, 3, 5, 4 - 42

2 club wind and soggy. Not a good combination for a big man. 14 putts, 3 gir & 3 fwys hit. I'm a scrambler.

SHot a 91.
That is with a 12 on a par 5 and a 9 on a par 4 (ran into some OB trouble).
Other than that played really well.

SHot a 91.
That is with a 12 on a par 5 and a 9 on a par 4 (ran into some OB trouble).
Other than that played really well.
+12 on two holes and only +7 on the rest. I have carded a legit 11 with no penalties, that was not a fun hole. Looks like you played solid the rest of the way

+12 on two holes and only +7 on the rest. I have carded a legit 11 with no penalties, that was not a fun hole. Looks like you played solid the rest of the way

I went OB off the tee 3 times in a row and then found water on the approach.

I went OB off the tee 3 times in a row and then found water on the approach.
No bueno, bet that felt odd with how well you have been driving it lately.

I shot a 97 on Sunday at Laughlin Ranch in Bullhead City, Az. 50+mph winds. Brutal

One particular par 4 I went 5w, wedge on to the front of the green. Pin was back left and I had a 30' putt for birdie and proceeded to 7putt the hole. My birdie putt stopped an inch short of the hole, then the wind got it and blew it all the way off the right side of the green. Took a 9. Needless to say I was fit to be tied after that. I'd stripe drives up the right side and watch the wind elevate the ball and blow it left into hazards.

On a downwind par 4 I had 320 to the front of the fairway bunker. I hit a 3w straight toward that bunker and never found that ball. Only explanation is I flew the bunker and ended up in the houses.

39* when I teed off this morning plus a bit of wind. Shot 44/43-87. Putting was pretty good, 34 putts. Driver was worthless! Hit 1 fairway on the front before I switched over to the mini.

I played 4 holes (stuck behind the slowest senior women's league players ever)...

Played with only a 7-iron.
There was BIG wind.

On the 3rd hole, with the wind at my back, I carried a 225 yard 7-iron.

But, now on 4 you are coming back into a fierce wind.

I hit it clean and hard: 110 yards if I'm lucky, and I swung out of my pants to get it that far. I can't keep a 7-iron down (yes, I played it way back in my stance).

I played 4 holes (stuck behind the slowest senior women's league players ever)...

Played with only a 7-iron.
There was BIG wind.

On the 3rd hole, with the wind at my back, I carried a 225 yard 7-iron.

But, now on 4 you are coming back into a fierce wind.

I hit it clean and hard: 110 yards if I'm lucky, and I swung out of my pants to get it that far. I can't keep a 7-iron down (yes, I played it way back in my stance).

what happened to the rest of your clubs?

what happened to the rest of your clubs?

LOL.
It was really hot (mid 80's) and windy, and we knew we were only going to get a few holes in because the ladies were going to be so slow...

Rather than pay for a cart to play just a few holes, we just grabbed a single club to make the walk easier. Lazy.

It actually gives you a very interesting perspective on your approach to the game/course. Their was 1 hole in particular where my partner (golf partner :bashful:) and I finished the hole and were taken aback by how 7-iron, then 9-iron makes the hole way easier than hitting driver/ wedge.

Shot a 95 at Bayonet/Black Horse (BH side) from the blues. Front 9 was actually pretty solid for me (+8) but the back 9 was messy. I did finish with a birdie though so it was good ending it on a positive note. I walked for the first time with my 3.5+, and that thing is frickin' amazing. I definitely need to get my walking legs under me, though. I was gassed by 12 and it showed. I'm also very, very happy with my clubs. That GBB Heavenwood? WOW. Absolutely amazing club.

Played at Northview (Canal) and shot an 89 (46-43). Very disappointed with my approaches...

5 pars, 9 bogeys, 4 double+, 33 putts... no three putts!, 8/14 fairways (57%), 2/18 GIR (11%), 3 up&down, Avg drive 246 yds, longest 271 yds

Today was an interesting 18. To start off it was sunny but 44 with 16mph winds. Made an eagle on the second hole par 5 and a birdie on 16. Had several pars mixed in but had 2 doubles and one triple. Shot 41 41 but it could have been something great. I had good swings on some holes bad swings on some and others on some. I hit some shots that I thought were bad but was still able to hit my next shot and then pulled a great shot, saved par a few times like this. I had several holes where I spun the ball back and that is something I normally don't do. The most consistent part was my putting today. I putted very well.

I had an amazing putting day and shot a 3 under 69 on my home course, my best score in 5 months. It didn't start great with a double bogey on the 2nd hole, but I really found by rhythm on the 8th hole and made 4 birdies on the back nine for a 32 coming in. My only missed green on the back nine was a 4 iron that went over the 204 yard 15 hole. I've been working an hour a more on my putting each day the past couple weeks and today at least my speed was perfect on the greens. I made 4 putts over 20 feet mostly because I got the speed perfect. Two of them seemingly paused on the front lip of the cup before falling in so certainly luck was on my side today!

I had an amazing putting day and shot a 3 under 69 on my home course, my best score in 5 months. It didn't start great with a double bogey on the 2nd hole, but I really found by rhythm on the 8th hole and made 4 birdies on the back nine for a 32 coming in. My only missed green on the back nine was a 4 iron that went over the 204 yard 15 hole. I've been working an hour a more on my putting each day the past couple weeks and today at least my speed was perfect on the greens. I made 4 putts over 20 feet mostly because I got the speed perfect. Two of them seemingly paused on the front lip of the cup before falling in so certainly luck was on my side today!

Great round!

I have played three rounds this week.

88/95/92.

I am hitting the ball pretty well currently, could not buy a putt on Wednesday (95). I have been a little wacky off the tee, costing me at least 5 penalty strokes each round.

Still, I prefer golf to working!!

struggled my way to a 90...went out in 42..played really well for the first 7 holes and then the wheels just feel off...limped in with a 48 on the back

The good news was it was 79* and I was wearing shorts!

39 on the front and 52 on the back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back