JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

Just wow!!!!!

It pretty fairly priced too....for a commuter car.

If these catch on and prices come down I can definitely see one of these in my family room in my future.

I'll put this is the same category as those models acting as caddies. Is there anything wrong with it? Absolutely not. Would I buy one? Not a chance. Would I think poorly of someone for buying one? Nope.

I think they'll be purchased by some of the same types of people who'd pay a model to caddie for them. People with more money than they know what to do with. Nothing wrong with that at all, by the way.

That's pretty awesome. I thought that this thread was going to be about how TV families would roll their TVs into the dining room so that they could watch while they ate dinner.

More moving parts, more initial cost, more parts to wear out, more cost to repair. Plus, how many people have a tv in a place they would rather see the view behind it? I'm gonna pass!

• Admin
That's pretty awesome. I thought that this thread was going to be about how TV families would roll their TVs into the dining room so that they could watch while they ate dinner.

Guy on CNBC today was speaking about these and drew the parallel to when the flat screen came out and they were all over 20k for a marginal set. Coming down so much in price that no other set is really made anymore. The ability to alter appearance in a room rather than have it centered around a black screen is pretty darn cool.

More moving parts, more initial cost, more parts to wear out, more cost to repair. Plus, how many people have a tv in a place they would rather see the view behind it? I'm gonna pass!
Here in Florida, alot.
Guy on CNBC today was speaking about these and drew the parallel to when the flat screen came out and they were all over 20k for a marginal set. Coming down so much in price that no other set is really made anymore. The ability to alter appearance in a room rather than have it centered around a black screen is pretty darn cool.
Yep, I hope they are popular so we get to that point.

That crossed my mind for a second...then I remembered we’re living in 3019. LOL!

The tech is exciting. First gen product for sure, but what could be done with this in 5-10 years is really cool.

I can see why plenty of people would want one but I don’t really care about my tv going up and down. That said though I’m sure the wife will buy one as soon as the price is reasonable.

The tech is exciting. First gen product for sure, but what could be done with this in 5-10 years is really cool.

That should be around the time we could expect to afford one if I had to guess...some things are worth waiting for.

In a lot of households, I could see these having an extremely high WAF, even with the high initial price.

Awesome concept but too rich for my blood, I'll stick with my black Friday specials

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Love this idea. If we get to a point that they're reasonable, I would purchase one.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That's so cool. The side saving is cool for sure but I like that it has the potential for your new TV to have speakers that aren't complete crap.

Very cool!

That’s pretty slick.

My two kids would roll that TV up and down until it broke.

Pretty cool. But rather than that particular product, I'm more interested in where they go from here, so I applaud the innovation.

Can certainly see how city apartments with a nice view or beachfront owners might have great use for it. For me (I didn't watch to the end so they may have it already), I'd be more interested in a screen that drops from the ceiling.

That is pretty sweet.

That’s pretty cool

This is pretty cool. I was busy marveling at the new phones that unfold into tablets. This compliments that tech quite nicely.

It really gives you the ability to put your tv in different spaces to make the best use of your space.

I see a lot of applications for these once the price comes down. I’d like one of these on top of the fireplace mantel at our lake home and my wife would certainly pay a premium to have the TV hidden when not in use.

Back