OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Where is the preferred supplier for shafts? In general, but specifically, right now, the PX HZRDUS Black. I like this Yellow 75g 6.5 in my driver and I wanna try a Black 85g 6.5 in my 3wd.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

eBay is probably not the preferred supplier others were thinking about; they are a generic supplier. good luck.

eBay is probably not the preferred supplier others were thinking about; they are a generic supplier. good luck.
Oh, I know, but I ain't rulin' nothin' out.

I'd even go as far as to say that eBay is not a supplier at all. They're nothing more than a middle man. The sellers are the suppliers and there are some very well respected sellers on eBay.

Rock Bottom Golf has good deals on shafts.

I saw GolfWorks has them for $99 new. It doesn't say if they're Handcrafted or not, and 75g is the heaviest you can get. The .335 tip 85g shaft like the one in the ebay listing is a tour issue shaft.

Goflworks or Callaway Preowned would be my best bet.

Have you considered the Hzrdus yellow 6.5 85 that is a stock option in the rogue FW? Should be a lot cheaper being a stock option and not tour only. If you're only interested in the black then disregard.

Have you considered the Hzrdus yellow 6.5 85 that is a stock option in the rogue FW? Should be a lot cheaper being a stock option and not tour only. If you're only interested in the black then disregard.
Don't think I want the backweighted yellow for the fairway wood.

I saw GolfWorks has them for $99 new. It doesn't say if they're Handcrafted or not, and 75g is the heaviest you can get. The .335 tip 85g shaft like the one in the ebay listing is a tour issue shaft.
Yeah, I saw that. If the one listed above wasn't tipped 1.5", it's already have hit the BIN. Seller claims TM 3wd tipping is 1", but all I've seen is the 1/2".

I'd even go as far as to say that eBay is not a supplier at all. They're nothing more than a middle man. The sellers are the suppliers and there are some very well respected sellers on eBay.

it was a joke, son, a joke...

Sincerely, Foghorn Leghorn

Yeah, I saw that. If the one listed above wasn't tipped 1.5", it's already have hit the BIN. Seller claims TM 3wd tipping is 1", but all I've seen is the 1/2".

does the 1.5" include the standard 0.5" + TM 1"? is it on top of that?

another reason why I generally stay away from ebay and the like

does the 1.5" include the standard 0.5" + TM 1"? is it on top of that?

another reason why I generally stay away from ebay and the like

What are you saying with the bolded part? Are you saying that TM does, in fact, recommend 1" tipping (and maybe even 1" over the PX recommendation)? Are you saying that the BBGM of the TM fairway woods is 1"? Are you saying that when using a tip adapter in a TM fairway wood, a 1" BBGM measurement is created?

Sorry. Not trying to be difficult. Just trying to make sure we're on the same page.

As far as what wavelength my brain is on for this topic, I could be wrong, but I don't think the PX tipping instructions take into account BBGM (bottom of bore to groundline measurement). Maybe the BBGM is standard across the board nowadays, but I'd be hesitant to assume that. I think PX just recommends 0" tipping for a driver and 0.5" for 3wd and 1" for a 5wd.

I'm not sure if the user on this was just a beast (and very well could have been since the Black 85 is a Tour issue only shaft) or if they were trying to compensate for the BBGM created by using an adapter.

What are you saying with the bolded part? Are you saying that TM does, in fact, recommend 1" tipping (and maybe even 1" over the PX recommendation)? Are you saying that the BBGM of the TM fairway woods is 1"? Are you saying that when using a tip adapter in a TM fairway wood, a 1" BBGM measurement is created?

Sorry. Not trying to be difficult. Just trying to make sure we're on the same page.

As far as what wavelength my brain is on for this topic, I could be wrong, but I don't think the PX tipping instructions take into account BBGM (bottom of bore to groundline measurement). Maybe the BBGM is standard across the board nowadays, but I'd be hesitant to assume that. I think PX just recommends 0" tipping for a driver and 0.5" for 3wd and 1" for a 5wd.

I'm not sure if the user on this was just a beast (and very well could have been since the Black 85 is a Tour issue only shaft) or if they were trying to compensate for the BBGM created by using an adapter.

nobody ever seems to able to confirm or deny that TM tips their shafts 1" (although that's the number I see most often), although that may even be for drivers only

and no there is no standard bbgm. an industry of tight tolerances (sometimes) with no standards lol

nobody ever seems to able to confirm or deny that TM tips their shafts 1" (although that's the number I see most often), although that may even be for drivers only

and no there is no standard bbgm. an industry of tight tolerances (sometimes) with no standards lol

I think most shafts I've seen recommend 1/2 to 1" tipping for fairway woods. I don't think it's a clubhead specific recommendation, but more of a shaft manufacturer recommendation.

I think most shafts I've seen recommend 1/2 to 1" tipping for fairway woods. I don't think it's a clubhead specific recommendation, but more of a shaft manufacturer recommendation.
Yeah, but if two manufacturers both recommend 1/2" and one has a 1" BBGM and the other has a 1.5" BBGM, they're not going to play to the same flex if you don't account for that difference.

EDIT: disregard that. I should have said, if you have 2 identical shafts that call for 1/2" trimming, but you have two different heads, one with 1" BBGM and the other with 1.5" BBGM, the clubs aren't going to play to the same flex if you don't account for the difference.

I’ve bought a few of eBay and have been happy. I bought through sticks_n_stones golf which is pretty much dallasgolf. I’ve purchased a few HZRDUS shafts from them. They’re demo or one time pull shafts and I’ve never had any issues. 30 day return too. Returned one because I didn’t like the feel and had no issues with my refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve bought a few of eBay and have been happy. I bought through sticks_n_stones golf which is pretty much dallasgolf. I’ve purchased a few HZRDUS shafts from them. They’re demo or one time pull shafts and I’ve never had any issues. 30 day return too. Returned one because I didn’t like the feel and had no issues with my refund

Good to know. Thanks.

Good to know. Thanks.

They’ll take requests too as far as tipping/adapters/length. And if you don’t see what you want, shoot them a pm and chances are they may have it

I'd check Dallas golf. I've found a few shafts there that I've been pondering. They also have the adapters and will grip it for a reasonable, to me, price.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back