Contest: Brand New Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the most intriguing releases this year is the EXS from Tour Edge Exotics as it features so much in a price point that is definitely getting some attention. We got a chance to sit down with the founder of the company and talk not only about this driver, but why it's priced where it is and who it is geared towards.

Now you can win one of your own that is brand new and we will ship it out to the winner immediately to put into action.

The Contest
Pretty simple here. Watch the full video above and give your thoughts on how David Glod speaks to not only the product but to the Tour Edge Exotics position in the marketplace and how this driver fits into it. That's it, then sit back and see if you are the winner and take home this awesome driver.

How To Enter
1. Watch the full video above.
2. Make a post in this thread with the info requested above.
3. Sit back and see if you win.

We will announce the winner in a new thread in the forum in a few days. Good luck everybody, this is a fantastic driver that we think a lot of THPers are going to enjoy.

Love it! Driver will surprise the heck out of people.

And after the video and signing up, don’t forget about the homepage review if you want to know even more!

Very interesting.

Love the Tensei stock shaft. Multiple weight options for each flex is brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck all!

I love how the driver is designed for the majority of the golfers with an appealing price point, upgraded shaft and materials and design. Because of its built-in draw basis/anti-slice configuration it should be attractive and easy to hit. Plus it has the ability to be adjusted to meet most swings. I have already seen Tour Edge become more aggressive with its marketing and its product develop over the last few years. This driver should help them become very competitive in the every-day golfer market where many can no longer justify $500 for a driver. I’m super excited to try one when they hit the market, but would be more excited to be selected to win one.

The way he described heel weight combined with the low spin seems like he was talking directly to me!! I like how they are pricing the driver at such an "aggressive" price. I think it is a strong move to go the Golf Channel road with the advertising and getting into the fittings with those two approaches. As much as I like all the drivers the other OEM's are releasing in 2019, this one has had my attention since I first read about it here on THP.

I really appreciate the attempt to make a club that fits the widest swath of people. High enough MOI for most people, low enough spin to appeal to the better golfers. Seems like a great option for those amateur golfers that can find the sweet spot a few times around, but miss enough to need a little help from the clubhead. That is appealing in a big way.

I always viewed Exotics as a super premium brand with $800 3woods. Listening to the discussion on why this driver is proceed where it is and the strategy behind it, getting more people to just hit the darned club, was appreciated.

Best part of the video...the slipstream sole doesn't do that much! Helps with aerodynamics and moves a little grass if you hit it off the deck! Love the honesty. This driver is very nice to look at. A little busy on bottom, but not a deal breaker. Feels well built when you hold it, solid. Feels great when you hit it! The amount of innovation in this club...carbon fiber, metals, construction, adjustability, the long list of upgrade shafts, and the best feature...the price! Hopefully, this will carve out a bigger piece of the marketplace for a smaller company. This driver went straight to my #1 spot of drivers to hit and potentially purchase! Thanks Sox_Fan for the recommendation.

Last edited:
I really feel like he believe in the product and the marketing strategy, I hope this drive does well for Tour Edge and we see more of them around here

Lots of options with this one with a price point that is super attractive. I bet this is a diamond in the rough. Low spin, lots of upgraded shaft options to appeal to as well. Sounds like if your are in the market for a new driver but money conscious one better be taking a look at this one. Hell even if you aren't money conscious lol I would love to

Great give away! Good luck to those who enter!

I love David's comments on the price and how Tour Edge has to proceed in the market place. I was not a fan of anything Tour Edge until THP convinced me a couple years ago to try out the EX10 Beta FW and now I'm a believer. I have a feeling this driver is going to turn a lot of heads. I think what he says is true - once people go out and try it and see that it performs just as well as the more expensive drivers - the price will be a benefit and not a detriment.

Appreciate the contest. Good luck everyone!

Good luck to everyone who enters. Great contest

It's reassuring he understands their position in the market, how the big companies put millions into marketing and pass part of the cost to the consumer, but also how they need to price aggressively to get a larger following who can then provide the reviews, increase exposure, and soon enough get to really compete with the bigger companies! Sounds like a great amount of tech in the driver for a really good price ("back in my day, son, drivers only cost $300")

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

With all of the other driver options available, Tour Edge seems to be marketing the Exotic EXS as a "jack-of-all-trades" offering, which is not a bad thing at all! Some golfers really don't want to pay big bucks for a new super-tech driver, and that's where Tour Edge could make a big splash. Considering the price and shaft offerings (I love Tensei shafts myself), this could definitely find its way into my bag this season!

Good luck to everyone!

Love the look, love the price point, love the nice balance of low spin but high moi (but not lowest or highest), reaching more golfers. Very intrigued to try this. Thanks for opportunity!

I like all the available options! I like the look of the sole. Great price.

Wow, the customization of this driver at the price point is crazy! It gives you all the customization of higher priced drivers at an affordable price. Plus it's a local company for me that just wants you to try their products which I will definitely do with this driver. Hoping they will have a booth at the golf show so I can check out this driver! Already looking at putting a Tour Edge hybrid in the bag this season.

I think hearing him talk about the simplicity of the adjustments, but also that it could change results so much would be awesome to see how many little tweaks you could make on it to fit exactly what you need out of a driver.

Hearing him talk about trying to get this driver to appeal to a larger group of golfer's makes me intrigued for Tour Edge clubs, I never know where my game is going to be at and I need my clubs to help me, where my game happens to be at that time of year!

It seems they really do try to appeal to the average joe golfer. Someone who may not get fit, walk into a golf shop and see the price of the top of the line drivers and laugh. Then see the Tour Edge at its price, and because the way its already set up, be able to "grip it and rip it"

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Tremendous, realistic understanding of the marketplace and even better understanding of his own business. David won me over with his honesty about Exotics current place in the market and by knowing that he has a winner and where it can take his total business based on the driver and the aggressive pricing they brought to market. They get that the average golfer wants to feel like he/she is playing world class product but might need the ability to adjust the club to unlock its potential. I enjoyed the video and will do exactly what they want which is to give it a try. As I have said before this is probably the best driver to come out of Chicago this season.

My take is what most all drivers are doing but at a cheaper price point but with same tech basically high moi and lower spin and adjustability and best of all they offer it with the shaft that I love the tensei stiff

Great contest as usual

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I love the fact that David state they focused on reaching the majority of golfers by designing the heel weight for the draw bias due to 75% of golfers slice. I also liked his brutal honesty of the price point " we have to be!", they don't have a large marketing budget on tour so that explains the aggressive pricing. This one has been on my radar, can't wait to get the opportunity to see/try it out.

Tour Edge is on the right track: create a driver for the majority of golf players, price it right and make it affordable, and advertise it wisely.
They got me right at the beginning with "reducing slice".

Intriguing video for sure! We all know Tour Edge isn't one of the "BIG DAWGS" but they realize that and have apparently come up with a driver to truly compete in that space at a price that's unheard of. I look forward to see how they do this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back