Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I've been talking about this a bit on instagram and was surprised to see a few THPers talk about it, so i figured I would bring it to the forum to share my experiences.

I gave up on coffee over a year ago, and things were going fine until I started to get into energy drinks, and pretty much started crutching on them every morning - Obviously they are delicious, but not the best for me, so I began to seek other solutions. G Fuel was originally created by gamers who didn't want to deal with the crash of energy drinks, pairing with the team from Gamma Labs to construct a blend of relatively okay for you ingredients that keeps energy up for a while, without the big time crash.

So I decided to give them a run recently. I got like 20 different sample flavors and a shaker, with the hopes of finding a few that taste good and are enjoyable to drink daily, especially in the morning or before a round of golf. So far I've had the Fazeberry and the Golden Apple Pear and both are really good. I'll share a pic of all the options I have shortly after posting the thread.

Taste wise, I am really comfortable with half the suggested serving at a time, although the full serving isn't the worst thing ever. I'm mixing somewhere between 12-16 ounces of water with a half tablespoon of G Fuel and drinking it quickly (within 10 mins of mixing) twice to get the full serving. So far I feel perfectly ready for the day and no less invigorated than i typically would with an energy drink. Probably the biggest positive, is that I have had 32 ounces of water already in my day, and I normally have zero... soooo... HUGE benefit. Also, no jitters.

Only thing you can't do is let it sit. After 20 mins or so (guessing), the mix settles a bit and has a weird sort of chalky texture when drinking. Not awesome, but easily avoided.

Here's a quick link to the FAQ: https://gfuel.com/pages/faq
Who else drinks this stuff? I know a bunch of THPers said they were interested or enjoy it on insta, so we'll see if that continues in the thread. I'll keep updating as I try the flavors.

Last edited:
Here’s what I have.

0175d61842051e35af2e658468c4a253.jpg

So it’s a powdered mix that you shake up with water?

How the price compared to typical energy drinks.

Out of curiosity, what are the benefits vs coffee? Studies have been coming out saying that coffee could actually be decent for you, so I was curious.

Out of curiosity, what are the benefits vs coffee? Studies have been coming out saying that coffee could actually be decent for you, so I was curious.

I'm not sure there are any, to be honest. Different way to get caffeine with different ingredients.

Coffee just wasn't sitting well with me at all anymore. I had to find a different solution to get the morning going.

I'm not sure there are any, to be honest. Different way to get caffeine with different ingredients.

Coffee just wasn't sitting well with me at all anymore. I had to find a different solution to get the morning going.

Thanks. That is kind of what I figured. I have been reading about some benefits with coffee and fortunately for me I dont have any stomach issues from it.

Based on the nutrition label it's a prop blend of various vitamins and amino acids and 150mg caffeine (essentially it's a multivitamin with 1.5 cup of coffee basically). Not sure if they did any clinical research or have quality control of the production so I wouldn't use it, but for energy I have used simply bcaa from a sports nutrition like Optimum and have maintained energy through the day

When I did hardcore lifting+dieting at an good calorie deficit, I relied on bcaa for energy and to keep fueling muscles.

Plus there's a lot more research and studies out there on bcaas.. I would fear that gfuel, which likely hasn't been researched or studied, could have a negative impact down the road.

Plus drinking 8 serving a day, a tub would only last 1 week?

c128bad780f498c6453a1fa65e85acc5.jpg

So it’s a powdered mix that you shake up with water?

How the price compared to typical energy drinks.

Yes, powdered.

Price is dependent on your ability to not buy things full price lol - I'd bet my price for G Fuel would be around 75 cents per serving. I usually don't pay full price for Energy drinks either, so I'll say they are around 1.75-2 dollars per serving.

Based on the nutrition label it's a prop blend of various vitamins and amino acids and 150mg caffeine (essentially it's a multivitamin with 1.5 cup of coffee basically). Not sure if they did any clinical research or have quality control of the production so I wouldn't use it, but for energy I have used simply bcaa from a sports nutrition like Optimum and have maintained energy through the day

When I did hardcore lifting+dieting at an good calorie deficit, I relied on bcaa for energy and to keep fueling muscles.

Plus there's a lot more research and studies out there on bcaas.. I would fear that gfuel, which likely hasn't been researched or studied, could have a negative impact down the road.

Plus drinking 8 serving a day, a tub would only last 1 week?

Good lord, why would anyone drink 8 servings a day?!

Good lord, why would anyone drink 8 servings a day?!
Didn't you say you were doing half scoop twice an hour? Sorry if I misunderstood.. unluess you meant it was half scoop within an hour and that was the only time in the day?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Didn't you say you were doing half scoop twice an hour? Sorry if I misunderstood.. unluess you meant it was half scoop within an hour and that was the only time in the day?

I can see how that would confuse. I'm drinking the full serving in about an hour, but splitting into two 12-16 ounce mixes. I want the benefit of the extra water intake without drinking a quick 32 ounces lol

GFuel suggests starting with one serving a day and increasing if needed. I doubt I'll do that.

I can see how that would confuse. I'm drinking the full serving in about an hour, but splitting into two 12-16 ounce mixes. I want the benefit of the extra water intake without drinking a quick 32 ounces lol

GFuel suggests starting with one serving a day and increasing if needed. I doubt I'll do that.
Ah ok, one serving makes sense. I thought I had read "per hour", I was going to say that's A LOT of b12 your kidneys will be F'd and you'll be pissing straight neon yellow.

Ps if anyone wants to know when their b12 "tanks" are full, it's when you pee that neon yellow, that's the extra b12 that's not processed..

#themoreyouknow

I love that there's zero sugar. I just wish I could find an energy drink that had some fat in it since fat is just condensed energy.

If you want steady energy levels all the time without needing "energy" drinks of any kind, the path is simple.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just checked out the starter packs, need to pick one up and give these a shot on the course.

I love that there's zero sugar. I just wish I could find an energy drink bvb thatched some fat in it since fat is just condensed energy.

If you want steady energy levels all the time without needing "energy" drinks of any kind, the path is simple.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
So you're referring to keto and taking medium chain triglycerides... Burns quickly to energy and starts your body using fat stores for fuel

I had Tropical Rain this morning. Wasn't too bad. A bit more mild in flavor versus the other two, so the two-serving approach wasn't as appealing.

Can't decide which one to try tomorrow. Maybe rainbow sherbet.

I had Tropical Rain this morning. Wasn't too bad. A bit more mild in flavor versus the other two, so the two-serving approach wasn't as appealing.

Can't decide which one to try tomorrow. Maybe rainbow sherbet.

The flavors are the one area that I am intrigued. I might give them a try based on your reco.

It should be green and taste like awesome...obviously.

I’m trying to think of what sort of monumental flavor it would be and I’m drawing a blank.

I don’t think I want captain and diet to be a flavor lol

Tempted to try these but not a fan of sucralose (usually that Splenda aftertaste for me). Was also considering for on course but don't like that it settles pretty quickly. Hmmm...

Tempted to try these but not a fan of sucralose (usually that Splenda aftertaste for me). Was also considering for on course but don't like that it settles pretty quickly. Hmmm...

I’m still waiting and fretting on the aftertaste. Really only weird if I let it sit for like a half hour.

I’ll keep updating each day as I try other flavors. So far I think golden apple pear is my favorite.

I’m still waiting and fretting on the aftertaste. Really only weird if I let it sit for like a half hour.

I’ll keep updating each day as I try other flavors. So far I think golden apple pear is my favorite.

Thanks, Dan! Golden apple pear does sound delish.

Back