Palm Springs Advice

lauzgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello fellow hackers!

Was hoping to pick all of your brains today for some course suggestions. To preface, I will be quite specific in my ask for recommendations so I hope people won`t just throw out random courses (happened on a local Canadian forum where folks suggested courses I explicitly mentioned that I have already played and no interest in playing again - at least not on this trip).

I will be headed to the Palm Springs area for the third time in late January into early February. While this is not a golf trip, I have received confirmation from the Board-of-Direct-Me (my wife) to play twice (maybe three if I`m really well behaved)!

As mentioned in the intro paragraph, I`m not looking to play courses that I have already played since I`m limited in how many rounds I`ll get in. The courses I have already played are: Indian Wells, Shadow Ridge, Mission Hills, Terra Lago, PGA West Stadium and PGA West Norman.

As far as other criteria, I don`t have much. While I`m no longer a low 80`s golfer due to lack of play in the past few years, I typically post high 80`s on a good day and low 90`s on an off day so I`m not overly concerned about course difficulty. Since it`ll only be two, maybe three rounds, I`m not too concerned with cost either.

I would like to have one of the courses be at PGA West and was hoping you folks could let me know which of the ones that I haven`t played yet is the best to try out. For the second course (and possibly third), I`m open to suggestions.

Thanks to everyone in advance! Have a great and low scoring 2019!

I played SilverRock when I was down there and really enjoyed it.
LaQuinta Dunes was another one I really liked.

play either of the desert willow courses. Both are great.

Hello fellow hackers!

Was hoping to pick all of your brains today for some course suggestions. To preface, I will be quite specific in my ask for recommendations so I hope people won`t just throw out random courses (happened on a local Canadian forum where folks suggested courses I explicitly mentioned that I have already played and no interest in playing again - at least not on this trip).

I will be headed to the Palm Springs area for the third time in late January into early February. While this is not a golf trip, I have received confirmation from the Board-of-Direct-Me (my wife) to play twice (maybe three if I`m really well behaved)!

As mentioned in the intro paragraph, I`m not looking to play courses that I have already played since I`m limited in how many rounds I`ll get in. The courses I have already played are: Indian Wells, Shadow Ridge, Mission Hills, Terra Lago, PGA West Stadium and PGA West Norman.

As far as other criteria, I don`t have much. While I`m no longer a low 80`s golfer due to lack of play in the past few years, I typically post high 80`s on a good day and low 90`s on an off day so I`m not overly concerned about course difficulty. Since it`ll only be two, maybe three rounds, I`m not too concerned with cost either.

I would like to have one of the courses be at PGA West and was hoping you folks could let me know which of the ones that I haven`t played yet is the best to try out. For the second course (and possibly third), I`m open to suggestions.

Thanks to everyone in advance! Have a great and low scoring 2019!

Silverrock (La Quinta) and Classic Club (Palm Desert).

http://www.silverrock.org/

https://www.classicclubgolf.com/

PGA West Nicklaus or Palmer courses, if they'll let you.

play either of the desert willow courses. Both are great.

This man knows what he is talking about.

In my research before I went to Palm Springs last week, I read very mixed reviews of Silverrock since they have re-designed the back nine within the past 2 years.

Thanks so far for these recommendations! Appreciate that you`re all considering the given criteria!

If you've not gone yet or haven't booked:
Just played a few rounds there and visit often.
Eagle Falls gets overlooked and its a gem
I don't see Classic Club, Desert Willow, Escena, Desert Dunes on your list?
Those would be my choices based on what you've played and not played yet.

Enjoy the Valley!

I have played most of the courses you mentioned, and I think the Desert Willow Firecliff course is the best course I have played down there. I actually did not think much of the Mountain Course there (although it was kept in great shape). I haven't played Silver Rock since the redo, but it definitely has a lot of fun holes and is kept in great shape.

I have played most of the courses you mentioned, and I think the Desert Willow Firecliff course is the best course I have played down there. I actually did not think much of the Mountain Course there (although it was kept in great shape). I haven't played Silver Rock since the redo, but it definitely has a lot of fun holes and is kept in great shape.

Thanks Lloyd!

I got Worms!!! LOL

Back