Hybrid shaft question

Danimal

AKA "Dee-Animal"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
~10
I am in the process of switching my new srixon Hybrid shafts out from the Project X HZRDUS Black shafts to the UST Recoil ES F4 shafts. I have the recoil shaft in the U85 and it launches very nice and high. The PX shafts have been ok, I just can’t seem to elevate them nearly as much. Does anyone plat the recoils in their hybrids, and if so, do they perform well. Thanks!

I am in the process of switching my new srixon Hybrid shafts out from the Project X HZRDUS Black shafts to the UST Recoil ES F4 shafts. I have the recoil shaft in the U85 and it launches very nice and high. The PX shafts have been ok, I just can’t seem to elevate them nearly as much. Does anyone plat the recoils in their hybrids, and if so, do they perform well. Thanks!

I have a recoil in my 4 Hybrid setup.....love it. Great launch on full swings, and easy to control. It’s a solid choice for sure.

I really struggled with the launch combo of the h85 and hzrdus black. The only recoil I have hit in the hybrids is when I just reviewed the big bertha hybrid, but that design is so different that I don't know if it is proper to give it a side by side IMO.

I have the Recoil 760 in my 2019 Apex 5h and now that I figured out how to get rid of my push/fade with that club I am killing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a recoil, not sure which model, in my Callaway big Bertha 4H and love the launch. I'm not a high ball hitter but this combo gives me plenty of height without ballooning on me.

I really struggled with the launch combo of the h85 and hzrdus black. The only recoil I have hit in the hybrids is when I just reviewed the big bertha hybrid, but that design is so different that I don't know if it is proper to give it a side by side IMO.

I read your review on the srixon Hybrid and it was a concern for me. I hit it nice and high, but off of a mat. It doesn’t translate to the course for me. I have the recoil in the U85 and I hit it nice and high with it. I am hopeful that this will be my answer. Thanks for the input.

I read your review on the srixon Hybrid and it was a concern for me. I hit it nice and high, but off of a mat. It doesn’t translate to the course for me. I have the recoil in the U85 and I hit it nice and high with it. I am hopeful that this will be my answer. Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the read, and in there I mention the same thing. My LM numbers show I can get the ball up in the air just fine, but on the course, I felt I could only hit frozen ropes. Now for me I would think a light shaft with a little more kick would definitely help bring this club to life more. My favorite hybrid shaft ever is the UST VTS Silver. I've used it in 3 different hybrid heads and it has felt great and produced every single time.

I play the stock Recoil 670's that came with my Exotics EX9's and I've absolutely loved the clubs from the very start. I'm sure the shafts play a large part in that.

I have a 17°, 19°, 22° and 25° and I've rotated each in and out of play with the 17° being the mainstay in the bag.

Launch and flight with each relative to loft is exactly what I'd have wanted. Medium in the lower lofts to med/high in the higher lofts with a strong flight.

I've never felt any sense of a release with them but they're pretty smooth. Stable, solid and accurate, all I could have hoped for.

I reshafted my Hybrids with the recoils and hit them on the launch monitor at GG. Much different performance! Hitting a lot of higher trajectory shots that carried further. We shall see if this does translate to the course. May be awhile since we just got a foot of snow.... it does seem like I was striking the ball better too, maybe that was just a different feel from the shaft.

Dan The Manimal (that felt good to say, lol).

If you are having elevation problems the PX Black Series is NOT the shaft for you. Pretty much anything will be better. Blacks are as low launch and low spin as you can get. I don't know much about the Recoil line, no real world experience. But if you want higher launch, go with the PX Red or Green line. Hearing great things about the EvenFlow Green. A lighter shaft will (in general) help launch altitude.

The Black line has always been as low as low/low will go. Pretty much any shaft will launch higher. How much higher do you want to go? Moon? Split the difference from worm-burner? ? ?

Back