Shoes with a higher heel?

millsan1

I've figured this game out! Oh wait, no I haven't
Reaction score
Handicap
14?
I built a sim recently and have been practicing daily.

Since the sim is in the garage, I basically practice in whatever shoe I am wearing, from dress shoes to sneakers to my golf shoes to work boots.

Odd as it may sound, I am actually most comfortable and seeing the best results in my work boots. The only real difference between all the shoes is the work boots obviously have a bit of a bigger heel.

So my question is this, are there golf shoes out there with a bit more heel than others? If so, please recommend!

And no, I do not mean these, I just don't have the legs to pull them off.

golf-shoes-and-women.jpg

I could be a number of things. It could be keeping you slightly further away from the ball. Could be getting you leaned over a bit more too, rather than so upright.
Maybe a fitting could determine the best length?

Are your feet level in the sim - ie are you on the concrete but you’re hitting off a mat that is 1” higher?

First gen FJ DNA I always felt had a bit of a higher heel/raised heel.

~Rock

go to your local GolfStore, go to the shoes, take out the insole (if glued either rip the heel portion up or compress the insole), and estimate the thickness of the mid/outsole

if you already have shoes that you like, you can use heel lifts or wedges to raise your heel, keep in mind this will alter the fit around your achilles (stiff insoles like superfeet will also raise the heel a bit)

The heel of the work boot is keeping the weight forward on the ball of the foot and off the heel. Remember the feeling of it and you will be fine.

I built a sim recently and have been practicing daily.

Since the sim is in the garage, I basically practice in whatever shoe I am wearing, from dress shoes to sneakers to my golf shoes to work boots.

Odd as it may sound, I am actually most comfortable and seeing the best results in my work boots. The only real difference between all the shoes is the work boots obviously have a bit of a bigger heel.

So my question is this, are there golf shoes out there with a bit more heel than others? If so, please recommend!

And no, I do not mean these, I just don't have the legs to pull them off.

golf-shoes-and-women.jpg

Are the boots over the ankle high tops, like 6" or 8" tall ?

Back