Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my W/S D100 ES 5H in. Hit a few balls with it and I'm very pleased. Nice feel, good sound, and ball gets up. Maybe not as high as the D200 but still better than the Adams. So ... now maybe the 6H needs to find it's way into my bag.

Same stuff, so basically everything. It's going to replace the 58, not in addition to though. I use it for exactly what Freddie says not to haha, but I practice the crap out of it and have really good success so I'm not going to change it. I'm just going 60 because I almost always open the 58 a little bit, so I will just use the 60 square. Plus I already have a 56 MD3 that I am going to bend to 55 if I ever get around to it. Should be playing 50-55-60 which I like the idea of a lot.

But right after I posted about the low bounce I pulled out my Cleveland CG14 that has 12* of bounce and was using it just fine. So now all 3 grinds are back on the table.

Gotcha...bounce is your friend so for me it would either s or w because I tend to get steep on partial shots and the courses around here standard bounce works good. I like the w on my 54 so I would go,that way in 58/60 except I rock the PM grind in 58

which grind to go with on the 60* MD3...thinking going C.

Rodger Cleveland would tell you that more bounce, especially in your lob wedge is a good idea.

Rodger Cleveland would tell you that more bounce, especially in your lob wedge is a good idea.

I know I know. I'm going to look at all of them.

He also told me I have a perfect grip though. So I've got that going for me.

W-Grind like a boss!

THANK YOU RFC!

That new all satin Apex CF/pro combo set is prettyyyyy sweet looking

That new all satin Apex CF/pro combo set is prettyyyyy sweet looking

I'll be honest, that one confuses the hell out of me.

But, I'm not a combo set fan from a performance perspective, unless the set was intentionally designed that way.

I'll be honest, that one confuses the hell out of me.

But, I'm not a combo set fan from a performance perspective, unless the set was intentionally designed that way.

I can see that. But weren't a couple of the zoocrew guys using them that way? I know at least one did if I am remembering correctly, and he just added a degree of loft to the CF 7 or something like that.

I can see that. But weren't a couple of the zoocrew guys using them that way? I know at least one did if I am remembering correctly, and he just added a degree of loft to the CF 7 or something like that.

There were, which is cool.

My thing is based off what I saw in my fitting. The pro's spin more, a lot more IMO. With that, sure, initial reaction is the ones in the set are scoring irons and spin isn't a bad thing there, and for many it might not be...or it can be depending on the person swinging. I know for me as a steep player, even with loft adjusted, I would bet the gap from the CF to Pro's would be quite large.

Just my musings, of course.

There were, which is cool.

My thing is based off what I saw in my fitting. The pro's spin more, a lot more IMO. With that, sure, initial reaction is the ones in the set are scoring irons and spin isn't a bad thing there, and for many it might not be...or it can be depending on the person swinging. I know for me as a steep player, even with loft adjusted, I would bet the gap from the CF to Pro's would be quite large.

Just my musings, of course.

I enjoy musings.

Toulon Thursday. Madison or San Diego. Really regret not stealing the one Fupresti was rolling and taking a putt with it.

Toulon Thursday. Madison or San Diego. Really regret not stealing the one Fupresti was rolling and taking a putt with it.

YES!

I need one. I've been on the brink of pre-ordering seriously 5 times now.

I also desperately need to find the new RX's.

YES!

I need one. I've been on the brink of pre-ordering seriously 5 times now.

I may or may not have done some button pushing on their site, followed by a hrmm....

Edwin Watts' site has the new RX shipping in 1-2 days.

Is $88 a good price for brand new Vokey SM 5 wedges? I saw some on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also desperately need to find the new RX's.

You do. I love the slip res coating I've tried on the B330-S model

Well the ponder for graphite shafted irons, in particular the D200s, is officially on!

Well the ponder for graphite shafted irons, in particular the D200s, is officially on!

Just do it...u have pondered the c200s long enough

Just do it...u have pondered the c200s long enough

I was kind of shocked that the D200s were better for me than the C200s... but hey, my wallet likes that fact!!

I was kind of shocked that the D200s were better for me than the C200s... but hey, my wallet likes that fact!!

Hogwash.

Enjoy them man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back